Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 31, '11, 10:20 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: How to tell the difference between a Catholic Radio Station and A Protestant Radio Station!

I wish we could get a Catholic radio station here....I live in the fourth largest city in the country Houston, Texas and we can only get a Catholic station if we have Satallite Radio and it has to be XM to get EWTN I wish someone would change that....

If I have to hear one more of my Catholic turned MegaChurch Non-Denominational friends tell me about KSBJ and how I should listen to it....

I just listen to my Catholic Lighthouse CD's over and over....
Old Oct 20, '11, 5:53 am
Trial Membership

Default Re: How to tell the difference between a Catholic Radio Station and A Protestant Radio Station!

There's nothing here in Georgia either. At least on my iPhone I can tune into internet stations in other cities or play podcasts from CA or other Catholic folks like SQPN.
Old Oct 20, '11, 10:25 am

Religion: Roman Catholic (ex-Protestant)
Red face Re: How to tell the difference between a Catholic Radio Station and A Protestant Radio Station!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompSciGuy View Post

By the way speaking of protestant radio did anyone else here ever grow up listening to Adventures in Odyssey?
Yes...still do, sometimes!
I haven't found a Catholic station in my area, I have to go to EWTN's website for that. I'm grateful that I get to listen to Moody Radio, which has a lot of in-depth Christian teaching; the theology is Reformed, which can be frustrating, but it is only very rarely anti-Catholic.

Ah Lord! do not withdraw,
Lest want of aw
Make Sinne appeare;
And when thou dost but shine lesse cleare,
Say, that thou art not here.

George Herbert, "A Parodie"
Old Oct 20, '11, 2:55 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskejj View Post
I wish we could get a Catholic radio station here....I live in the fourth largest city in the country Houston, Texas and we can only get a Catholic station if we have Satallite Radio and it has to be XM to get EWTN I wish someone would change that....

If I have to hear one more of my Catholic turned MegaChurch Non-Denominational friends tell me about KSBJ and how I should listen to it....

KSBJ is soft praise and worship...bleh. About the hardest music they play is the Newsboys!

I do listen to a couple of the programs on KHCB, however. Bearing in mind that their theology is flawed, always. I like to listen to Tony Evans from the Urban Alternative. He is a classic Southern Baptist preacher and there is a particular style of preaching they use. It's very different from our homilies and he is also adept at drawing an analogy or using metaphors. He gives me a nugget to pray about with nearly all of his sermons. I do have to watch out that I am not misled, I was not strongly catechized so I have to be very aware of how Protestants and Catholics differ in theology...

But of course I would prefer a Catholic station. I think I heard the rosary on 101.5 late at night...but that's about all...If there was a Catholic station it would be in Spanish you know...

Old Oct 20, '11, 3:31 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic (OFS)

The Protestant radio station refuses to acknowledge the supremacy of the FCC?

Totus Tuus
SS Francesco,Chiara,Padre Pio,Max Kolbe,Louis IX,Zita e BB Lucchese e Buonadonna
Cacciatore/Fungaiolo
Old Oct 20, '11, 3:39 pm

Quote:

Just letting you know that I have Sirius Sat Radio and I get EWTN on it.
Old Oct 20, '11, 3:40 pm

Quote:

Im in the same boat here, nothing locally. I have Satellite Radio and it's the best money I spend on "entertainment" every month. All I listen to is "the Catholic Channel" and it is on XM radio. EWTN is on sirius. You can spend more and get both, but I do what I can.
Old Oct 20, '11, 7:21 pm

I live in Nebraska and most of the state has "The Spirit" Catholic radio. I am thankful to have it, it really made a difference when I started listening a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 20, '11, 7:27 pm

[quote=TheRealJuliane;8485743]KSBJ is soft praise and worship...bleh. About the hardest music they play is the Newsboys!

It can be hard to find good Christian rock on the radio, and no the Newsboys are neither good nor rock. That's why I have a 6 disc changer in my car.
Old Oct 20, '11, 8:07 pm

Exclamation Re: How to tell the difference between a Catholic Radio Station and A Protestant Radio Station!

One sure way, if it is Christian contemporary music, a long continued prayer for so and so, going on down the list of people praying for, any liturgy not from a Catholic viewpoint. Pastor Jones. Instead of Father Smith, or Pope Benedict, or Saint Joseph.
Old Oct 21, '11, 7:51 am

Religion: Catholic and Proud of it!

Catholic Station will probably have daily mass, news bits from the Vatican, daily rosary and probably daily saying of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. There may be Stations of the Cross on Fridays, at least during Lent if not all year long.

Protestant.....not sure.....I only listen to the local Catholic station which got expanded to Lincoln a few years ago (is based in Omaha) and is now slowly expanding its way across my state.

"More souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason."
- Our Lady of Fatima

Who will speak for those who have no voice?

Life.....what a beautiful choice!
Old Oct 21, '11, 8:17 am

How can you tell? Protestant preachers seem to always make "God" a three syllable word:
"And G-ooooo-d said to Moses. . ."
Old Oct 21, '11, 9:37 am

I can get Relevant Radio and Ave Maria radio on my IPhone--probably others as well, but I just haven't tried....Also can download many of their podcasts. That's a possibility for you if you have a smart phone.....
Old Oct 21, '11, 1:49 pm

Quote:

I live in North TX, and I listen to 910 AM Guadalupe Radio. I hope this comes close to what you are looking for, at 3:00pm they have a choir sing the Divine Mercy chaplet every day, very beautiful.

Here is a link: they have a South TX Live online stream:
http://grnonline.info/index.php?opti...d=58&Itemid=75

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)