Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Little Italy

Little Italy Click here to visit this social group

Old Jun 14, '11, 11:42 am

Religion: Catholic
Post Hi !

My parents were 1st generation born in the USA., grandparents from Sicily. I was hoping to share with those in the group, but it looks like it's not very active, sadly. I'll be checking in often. Hopefully the group will come alive......arreviderci !
Old Aug 5, '11, 5:01 pm
Observing Member

Default Re: Hi !

Hi,

I've just joined CAF a few days ago. My paternal grandparents were also from Sicily. I hope some more people will post in this group.
Old Nov 2, '11, 9:44 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile Re: Hi !

I just joined the group. Hopefully, the activity level will pick up. My maternal grandmother was born in Sicily. Her husband was born in Trieste. Dad's side is from Rome. I would like to plan a trip to Tuscany. Does anyone have any tips on where to stay and places to visit? I am interested in small churches, museums, local eateries and wineries. Will definitely try to visit Portiuncula in Assisi as my mother was a SFO TOR (secular Franciscan). Any ideas from those who have been there would be appreciated! Ciao.
Old Aug 19, '12, 10:50 am

My husband and I spent three glorious weeks in Italy. We rented an apartment in Rome before we went through VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owners.) You can find rentals for everywhere on this sight. Other than that, we rode the train to our destination. Then I would ask at the information desk for a place clean and safe. We were never disappointed, This way we could stay some place as long as we liked. BTW I loved Naples. I loved watching the people. They reminded me of Italians I grew up with.
Old Aug 20, '12, 7:44 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Mckean60, thanks for the tip. We have actually used VBRO for our trip to South America last year and it was great. We shared a condo with my son and his wife, so I will definitely look into using VBRO for Italy as well. Looks like our traveling may be postponed for another year but it is still on my list. When we do go, would like to attend Mass in some of the towns along the way.

BTW this is a nice little group - wish there would be more activity. I joined last November. Would love to hear stories about your family's Italian traditions, especially those woven into our Catholic roots such as special foods for different feast days. I am also especially interested in hearing about points of interest in Italy that tie in with our faith. Ciao

Last edited by Cindyr9; Aug 20, '12 at 7:44 am. Reason: font too small
Old Aug 20, '12, 1:43 pm

Cindy, if you look on the Vatican website, you can find the Pope's mass schedule. He holds audiences on Wednesdays. I missed that because of our schedule. However I was able to attend a mass the Pope said for the Synod of Bishops. I had to ask for a n invitation on line and picked it up at the Vatican. Actually, I. Accidentally was about. To go somewhere I didn't belong so the cute little guard went and got it for me. You can also buy rosaries and leave them for the Pope to bless then pick them up that afternoon. You may have to search awhile on the V. Website. Just click on everything til you find the schedule.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Little Italy