Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Work and Workplace Stresses - Dealing with or Finding Alternatives Support Group

Work and Workplace Stresses - Dealing with or Finding Alternatives Support Group Click here to visit this social group

Old Dec 5, '11, 12:53 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Finding my purpose in life

I work for a large and powerful organization that doesn't align with my value system. I'm 31 years old and in five years I have seen myself devolve from an optimistic, wondrous individual, to someone who has become almost bitter and cold in my daily outlook. It took me awhile, but I realize my job is turning me into something I'm not. It's effecting me emotionally, physically and spiritually. It's making me sick.

I don't mean to complain, because there are many people who don't like their jobs and I should be fortunate enough to have one. However, I work with the armpit of humanity--very well-off individuals who don't treat individuals with basic human respect.

I don't get paid much, but the benefits are great. I have a chronic illness and it's no big deal, however, my medicines which would cost me over $2,000 a month only costs $20/month.

I would really love to go into business on my own, to align myself with my true calling and God's calling. I like to write, but I could never get insurance on my own.

I am comfortable with my spirituality and pray all the time. I have recently found that my job has dragged me down to a low point. I really need to shake this off. I think it's time to leave.

Sorry, but I needed to vent this one out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WK

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Work and Workplace Stresses - Dealing with or Finding Alternatives Support Group