Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Catholic Authors, Writes, Publishers Group

Catholic Authors, Writes, Publishers Group Click here to visit this social group

Old Oct 23, '11, 6:18 am

Religion: Catholic
Exclamation Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

I hated that there were tons of non-Catholic forums, we need to promote our works, work on them, discuss them, critique them.

Introduce yourselves Catholic authors, let us be a modern inklings of sorts!
Old Oct 25, '11, 9:32 pm
Trial Membership

Default Re: Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

Promoting a work is not as easy as that word 'promote' suggests. It is a difficult undertaking where the author needs to know the market intimately. I still do not understand the difference, for example, between Catholic readers and those who choose spiritual or reverential works in general. There are many students of spiritual people, for example, who have no religion. How does one target a market one is not entirely familiar with?
Old Oct 25, '11, 10:42 pm

Default Re: Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunquam View Post
Promoting a work is not as easy as that word 'promote' suggests. It is a difficult undertaking where the author needs to know the market intimately. I still do not understand the difference, for example, between Catholic readers and those who choose spiritual or reverential works in general. There are many students of spiritual people, for example, who have no religion. How does one target a market one is not entirely familiar with?
And that's why I created this group. I searched and could find no Catholic book reviewing blogs etc. I find no information on a Catholic market.

I think as authors and bloggers and etc we ought help each other here. Promote is complex but also not, it includes research. For instance you could use the forum to ask what people want!
Old Oct 25, '11, 10:46 pm

In the very least, describe your plot, link to your blog, create a thread on your book, this is a group, not the main forum, I am the admin of the group, promoting your work here is safe. Open a thread saying "Catholic Romance Thriller, set in Australia": link to your ebook or physical one. Discuss it, talk about it, ask people their views. Anything in this forum is visible in search. And this group especially. Get market research. Use the survey option, or set up and link to a Google docs survey etc! Here is the place to do all that! If you click on "The Eternity Effect" below, for instance, that is a review/promotion on my blog of my book. but my blog is high in results, not every blog is!
Old Oct 26, '11, 12:43 am

Welcome all, and please keep introducing here, keeps us in the results at the side. Also, start a thread about your book, link to it, give a short sample, link to your website or blog.

e.g. above and also maybe say name and more about you:

I am Marc Evan Aupiais, I live in Roodepoort, Greater Johannesburg, I have written several books, available with samples here http://journalist.scripturelink.net/...els_index.html ; when I have time, I would love to review new good Catholic works, but hate surprises so would love plot details first, in that spirit, here is the basic lot of my book the Third Instinct (with the option to see spoilers if you want) on shelfari http://www.shelfari.com/books/247392...ct?amatc=kdp-c

here is some advice from a on demand publisher on how they say authors should market https://www.createspace.com/en/commu...work?view=blog
Old Oct 26, '11, 9:39 pm
Trial Membership

Well - thank you for the invitation.

I am the author of According to Luke - a controversial romantic thriller about which I really would like some Catholic comments.

It is based in Italy, Malta, Syria and ends in Australia, and includes such elements as extortion, murder, romance, biblical history, and art restoration.

I have had a couple of reviews from Christians who think I have treated the whole belief thing with respect and sensitivity. There have been readers who have said absolutely nothing... so I assume they disapprove.

There is an alternative explanation to the New Testament in the novel, which questions the identity of Saint Luke.

According to Luke is becoming popular, but I have no idea why. That is the reason I would like more comments about it.

Chapters One and Two are available to read free on my website if you click on further enough.

Here's the link:
http://www.rosannedingli.com/according-to-luke.php

The website is crammed with information on me and my fiction.
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:00 am

Smile Re: Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

I finally got time to do a review. I think the idea of an alternative idea of Christianity can easily insult, as with anything about upsetting the Catholic hierarchy, and associating blackmail there.

Seems a bit like Divinci Code spin off in a way.

I think they were insulted.

Its easy to insult people of a belief system by questioning it, especially in order to make a profit, or in connection to Divinci like ideas.

As for your writing ability, this isn't my Book Blogs account, but rather a forum on faith and Catholics writing, which is why you asked a faith question: which I hope was adequately answered. I do think that people of faith may be insulted by the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunquam View Post
Well - thank you for the invitation.

I am the author of According to Luke - a controversial romantic thriller about which I really would like some Catholic comments.

It is based in Italy, Malta, Syria and ends in Australia, and includes such elements as extortion, murder, romance, biblical history, and art restoration.

I have had a couple of reviews from Christians who think I have treated the whole belief thing with respect and sensitivity. There have been readers who have said absolutely nothing... so I assume they disapprove.

There is an alternative explanation to the New Testament in the novel, which questions the identity of Saint Luke.

According to Luke is becoming popular, but I have no idea why. That is the reason I would like more comments about it.

Chapters One and Two are available to read free on my website if you click on further enough.

Here's the link:
http://www.rosannedingli.com/according-to-luke.php

The website is crammed with information on me and my fiction.
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:15 am

Hello, My name is Rafael Perez Jr. and I just wrote a book called Theos, a Personal Journey. You can get it on Blurb.com or in amazon.com for your kindle. Just type in the full name of the book and you'll get it. Available in softcover, ebook or kindle.
Very Catholic for the catholic reader. It's more autobiographical with a nice dose of Catholic apologetics. Check it out!
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:19 am

Here is the link to my book on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B006K0L4WW
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:21 am

Smile Re: Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

Welcome! Feel free to link to the book, and maybe give a blurb or advertisement. Also, in this forum, I have no trouble with starting threads about books or just to promote them, as I showed was possible below. Its good also to mention here, as all previous posters will be informed. Also add a link to the wall if you please, on your book and ask or state! This forum is to promote Catholic works or Christian ethos and Catholic ethos as much as anything, welcome! And thanks for what said. Feel free to say more or start your own thread advertising the book! Links permitted! I won't edit generally! And I am moderator here in this group!
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:25 am

I appreciate that. Thank you and God bless this great forum!
Old Dec 19, '11, 8:28 am

God Bless! And remember to promote with a new thread in addition to here! Make sure to keep keywords as well as details for search! And maybe headline it with book title or catchy slogan! The thread you are permitted to create as are all authors.

As I said I only edit or moderate when really truly need to.

God bless! And promote your book here in this group forum!
Old Dec 26, '11, 9:40 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to BenRosa

Greetings:

A member of the CA Forums for a long time, I've only just now discovered the Groups portion. In just the past three years, I've also discovered a joy of writing stories (whether there's any talent involved is still an open question, but I'll write anyway).

I've not been able to separate my faith from my stories; they deal mostly with social commentary and so far, have been in the genres of Science Fiction ("The Prodigal Planet"), Spiritual ("The Building of Joe") and my work in progress, Political ("Control Freaks").

With my current story, "Control Freaks", there's a related thread that helped me get going (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=588325). CA Forums contributors to the thread helped me get the story started. Perhaps this Group can help me to keep going?

God's peace...
Edward
Old Dec 28, '11, 6:52 am

Post Re: Introduce Yourselves Authors, and PLEASE promote your works, describe them etc

God Bless, thanks for joining. I am also encouraging all authors to write their own threads to promote their works in the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRosa View Post
Greetings:

A member of the CA Forums for a long time, I've only just now discovered the Groups portion. In just the past three years, I've also discovered a joy of writing stories (whether there's any talent involved is still an open question, but I'll write anyway).

I've not been able to separate my faith from my stories; they deal mostly with social commentary and so far, have been in the genres of Science Fiction ("The Prodigal Planet"), Spiritual ("The Building of Joe") and my work in progress, Political ("Control Freaks").

With my current story, "Control Freaks", there's a related thread that helped me get going (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=588325). CA Forums contributors to the thread helped me get the story started. Perhaps this Group can help me to keep going?

God's peace...
Edward
Old Mar 14, '12, 11:03 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryority7 View Post
Hello, My name is Rafael Perez Jr. and I just wrote a book called Theos, a Personal Journey. You can get it on Blurb.com or in amazon.com for your kindle. Just type in the full name of the book and you'll get it. Available in softcover, ebook or kindle.
Very Catholic for the catholic reader. It's more autobiographical with a nice dose of Catholic apologetics. Check it out!
Hello Rafael, I greatly admire your initiative, courage, and fortitude, and pray your book is helpful to many and successful for you as well. There wasn't much summary description on Amazon, and the video display said unavailable. I should have gone right to Blurb (since I don't have a Kindle) but first I thought I'd check Goodreads.com, which is one of my favorites sites for checking reviews. Theos wasn't listed, but the site said I could list it, so I did, hoping it might be helpful for you. Goodreads gives plenty of room for reviews and comments, but I left that blank because I couldn't clearly remember your description, and I thought it might be best to mention this to you in case you wanted to put a description in. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Catholic Authors, Writes, Publishers Group