Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jan 7, '12, 9:37 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedkid18 View Post
I have the same problem as you, I find myself going to confession weekly just so I can receive the Eucharist. I'll pray for you and I hope that you will pray for me as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbl9 View Post
hi there welcome to the forum!
You are not alone in your struggles, both on earth and in heaven.
One of the good things about being Catholic is that we have more than just one friend in high places.
Exactly! Ofcourse, I've gotten to saying atleast a decade of the Rosary a day. I'll offer this up also for you.
Old Jan 7, '12, 12:14 pm

I need your help pretty badly right now fellas.
Old Jan 7, '12, 1:45 pm

Religion: Catholic - Roman rite

God Bless Darran, always and forever

Let His mantle of Love cover you, Darran.

God Bless Darran
Old Jan 7, '12, 2:09 pm

One more 'arrow for your quiver' - always wear a Miraculous Medal and say the prayer 'O Mary, conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee' and do it for the benefit of the object of your lust as well as for yourself.

Miraculous Crucifix of Limpias

Jesus Christ said, " This is my Body. " You say, " No. It is not His Body!" Who am I to believe? I prefer to believe Jesus Christ.-- Bl. Dominic Barberi
Old Jan 7, '12, 4:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
One more 'arrow for your quiver' - always wear a Miraculous Medal and say the prayer 'O Mary, conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee' and do it for the benefit of the object of your lust as well as for yourself.
I certainly will, thank you. Just before Christmas I tied a piece of my St Philomena's cord onto my Rosary, and tied a miraculous medal to the bottom of it, it works wonders. I haven't added that prayer to my arsenal, but I sure will.

Well, I just took a very hot bath unintentionally. I heard that apparantly hot water is better than cold for "getting rid of urges" because it forces blood to the surface of the skin and away from any other place.

Well, I have to say that that was one of the absolute worst ideas that someone has come up with. I am definately not doing that again. Satan arrived, as did temptations, but by God's strength alone and nothing else was I able to partly fill the bath with cold water and sit in it untill comming to my senses.

I know perfectly well that I myself was not able to do that. You don't see the benefit of your prayers while you're here guys, but I do in a very, very small way and yet am still awed at the sheer power of the graces that God gives me on account of your prayers. I honestly beg you, please pray for me. I have a disease more lethal than cancer.
Old Jan 9, '12, 7:58 am

3 weeks, 2 days and I fell. Devils trick, my own fault. I still can barely believe it.

Longest abstinence since the first time I committed this sin (7 years), if only I knew what I was digging myself into then.

Time to pick myself up and struggle on. Oweing to StevieD's advice, I might join this

- http://angelicwarfare.org/

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.
Old Jan 9, '12, 9:56 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran View Post
3 weeks, 2 days and I fell. Devils trick, my own fault. I still can barely believe it.

Longest abstinence since the first time I committed this sin (7 years), if only I knew what I was digging myself into then.

Time to pick myself up and struggle on. Oweing to StevieD's advice, I might join this

- http://angelicwarfare.org/

Please continue to keep me in your prayers.
Oh I can! It took me a while to figure it out. I was all by myself which made matters hard. I had about 45 years to deal with. But once I made up my mind, and asked help from Mary. She in a way lead me to the Brown Scapular. Satan is just a faint whisper every once in a while. In fact I'm wearing a Brown Scapular from Ireland.

Welcome to the Irish Province of the Order of Carmelites
Old Jan 9, '12, 10:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
Oh I can! It took me a while to figure it out. I was all by myself which made matters hard. I had about 45 years to deal with. But once I made up my mind, and asked help from Mary. She in a way lead me to the Brown Scapular. Satan is just a faint whisper every once in a while. In fact I'm wearing a Brown Scapular from Ireland.

Welcome to the Irish Province of the Order of Carmelites
That's two people so far that have mentioned a big deliverance from temptation with the Scrapular, thats more than good enough for me.

Can you simply buy one, have it blessed and wear it or is there a service for them?
Old Jan 9, '12, 10:14 am

Wow. In the book of daily meditations I had been reading in the past, I had just flicked to where I should have been reading before falling, and the topics covered are (if i'm not mistaken) what I was particularly thinking of on those days. Purifying the mind, the miraculous medal, St Joseph. That seems to be one sure sign that I should continue reading them.
Old Jan 9, '12, 10:48 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
That's two people so far that have mentioned a big deliverance from temptation with the Scrapular, thats more than good enough for me.

Can you simply buy one, have it blessed and wear it or is there a service for them?
There is an enrollment or investment,

Procedure for the Blessing and Investiture of the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

To be eligible for THE SCAPULAR PROMISE, one must be enrolled in the Family of Carmel.
This is a simple ceremony, which takes only a moment and can be done by any Carmelite or
duly authorized priest. The words used by the priest when enrolling a person in the
Confraternity of the Scapular are as follows:

Priest - Show us, O Lord, Thy mercy.

Respondent - And grant us Thy salvation.

Priest - Lord, hear my prayer.

Respondent - And let my cry come unto Thee.

Priest - The Lord be with you.

Respondent - And also with you.

Priest - Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, sanctify by Thy power these scapulars,
which for love of Thee and for love of Our lady of Mount Carmel, Thy servants will wear devoutly,
so that through the intercession of the same Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and protected against
the evil spirit, they persevere until death in Thy grace. Thou who lives and reigns world without
end. Amen.

THE PRIEST SPRINKLES HOLY WATER AND INVESTS PERSON(S) WHILE SAYING:

Receive this blessed Scapular and beseech the Blessed Virgin that through Her merits, you
may wear it without stain. May it defend you against all adversity and accompany you to eternal
life. Amen.

AFTER THE INVESTITURE THE PRIEST CONTINUES WITH THE PRAYERS:

I, by the power vested in me, admit you to participate in all the spiritual benefits obtained
through the mercy of Jesus Christ by the Religious Order of Mount Carmel.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

May God Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and earth, bless you, He who has deigned to join you
to the confraternity of the Blessed Virgin Of Mount Carmel; we beseech Her to crush the head
of the ancient serpent so that you my enter into possession of your eternal heritage, through
Christ our Lord.

Respondent
- Amen.

The first Scapular must be blessed and imposed by a Priest using the (above) formula
contained in the Roman ritual for reception into the Confraternity of the Scapular.

Brown Scapular Enrollment
Old Jan 9, '12, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
There is an enrollment or investment,

Procedure for the Blessing and Investiture of the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

To be eligible for THE SCAPULAR PROMISE, one must be enrolled in the Family of Carmel.
This is a simple ceremony, which takes only a moment and can be done by any Carmelite or
duly authorized priest. The words used by the priest when enrolling a person in the
Confraternity of the Scapular are as follows:

Priest - Show us, O Lord, Thy mercy.

Respondent - And grant us Thy salvation.

Priest - Lord, hear my prayer.

Respondent - And let my cry come unto Thee.

Priest - The Lord be with you.

Respondent - And also with you.

Priest - Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race, sanctify by Thy power these scapulars,
which for love of Thee and for love of Our lady of Mount Carmel, Thy servants will wear devoutly,
so that through the intercession of the same Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and protected against
the evil spirit, they persevere until death in Thy grace. Thou who lives and reigns world without
end. Amen.

THE PRIEST SPRINKLES HOLY WATER AND INVESTS PERSON(S) WHILE SAYING:

Receive this blessed Scapular and beseech the Blessed Virgin that through Her merits, you
may wear it without stain. May it defend you against all adversity and accompany you to eternal
life. Amen.

AFTER THE INVESTITURE THE PRIEST CONTINUES WITH THE PRAYERS:

I, by the power vested in me, admit you to participate in all the spiritual benefits obtained
through the mercy of Jesus Christ by the Religious Order of Mount Carmel.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

May God Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and earth, bless you, He who has deigned to join you
to the confraternity of the Blessed Virgin Of Mount Carmel; we beseech Her to crush the head
of the ancient serpent so that you my enter into possession of your eternal heritage, through
Christ our Lord.

Respondent
- Amen.

The first Scapular must be blessed and imposed by a Priest using the (above) formula
contained in the Roman ritual for reception into the Confraternity of the Scapular.

Brown Scapular Enrollment
THAT is hardcore! I'll ask my regular priest if he would know anyone that could do it. Thanks!
Old Jan 9, '12, 4:34 pm
Veteran Member

Your regular priest can do it by reading and doing as the instructions read. You do need to ask him permission to pray the Rosary instead of the Little Office Of The Blessed Virgin Mary. Wearing the Brown Scapular is the most POWERFUL step I've taken coming back home to the Catholic Church. It's like I can't SIN!
Old Jan 31, '12, 4:49 am

3 weeks and 1 day since last sin. Had no idea it was that long. Clicked on somones facebook earlier that I shouldn't have. Stupid, stupid thing to do. In desperate need of your prayers now, hopefully that wont weaken me to a fall.
Old Jan 31, '12, 4:01 pm

Religion: Catholic - Roman rite

God Bless Darran, always and forever

Let His mantle of Love cover you, Darran.

God Bless Darran

...And so I take my sister E_7 NOT for any lustful motive, but I do it in singleness of heart. Be kind enough to have pity on her and on me and bring us to old age together.
Old Jan 31, '12, 9:16 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
I need your help pretty badly right now fellas.
i will pray for you.. i am in the same situation..

but when i receive temptations, i use to chastise my body. to tie a cord around my body or hurt my self. but i dont recommend it to you. PRAY and confession is a shield. i will pray for you

also i fast. OVERCOME gluttony and you will overcome lust. i promise

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality