Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Mentally Ill Catholics Staying Close to the Cross

Mentally Ill Catholics Staying Close to the Cross Click here to visit this social group

Old Jan 16, '12, 6:55 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Catholic
Default taking up my cross

I struggle with questioning my going to the psych. Dr. or giving my dissease to God- with all my trust in Him. Does anyone else have this struggle? Does God want us to take psych meds? (non. addictive) or pray and give our trials to Him? I pray for answers for us all.
Old Jan 16, '12, 7:54 pm

Default Re: taking up my cross

Does God want a diabetic to take insulin? Should people with dangerously high cholesterol take medication to lessen the chances of arteriosclerosis? Bodies have flaws due to the fall of man in the garden. Our brains function basically due to chemical exchanges. If that chemistry is flawed, yes, medication may help to ameliorate the consequences. God wants us to take our medications.
Old Jan 16, '12, 9:02 pm

Sometimes (probably most times) the answer to prayer is the treatment the doc prescribes.
Old Jan 17, '12, 8:24 am
Trial Membership

Thank you all for those very helpful and supportive threads: I thought long and hard about my post last night, and saw what you had posted. I think God has given light to Doctors,and us too, if we ask for it and recieve it. Thank you. Have a blessed day!
Old Nov 5, '12, 1:48 am
Banned

Religion: yyywtttyyOB
Send a message via ICQ to yyywtttyy
Default foakleys

replica oakleys on http://outletfakeoakleys.com/
Old Feb 15, '13, 12:01 pm
Observing Member

I'm new to this group and am looking for support. I struggle with major depressive disorder and anxiety. I live in a small community with no support groups.
Old Feb 17, '13, 8:27 pm
Trial Membership

I also struggle just like you... im trying to get closer to god and have more faith and i pray every day for god to relieve me from depression and anxiety, irritableness and low self esteem. I gave up anxiety pills for lent. And its tough. How can i go to church more and go to retreats when im so anxious to step out of the house. :/ ?

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android
Old Feb 22, '13, 7:06 am
Observing Member

I didn't know people gave up prescribed medicine for lent. I wouldn't stop mine. Are you sure you should be doing that? My anxiety medicine is very important to maintaining my mental health.
Old Feb 22, '13, 10:37 am
Trial Membership

I know i didntexplain right.. i baught over the counter meds without consulting a dr. Which i mnow is bad. N i wanted to feel good without being on meds. Its called Phenibut. Its actually not meds its a supplement. But i know now to go to a psychiatrist. I was told god put them there to help us. I thought it was a sin to go to a psychiatrist lol

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Mentally Ill Catholics Staying Close to the Cross