Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Bug Reports

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jan 8, '12, 7:56 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Anathama Sit
Default Re: Is it just me or has the site been crashing for other people, all day?

Greetings to all those posting and or reading this thread,

Wow I was seriously thinking about getting chrome. I guess I won't be getting it. Catholic Answers Forum has never crashed for me, I use IE exclusively, as I do not care for firefox. And now after reading this thread, I have another compelling reason to not care for Firefox.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
Old Jan 8, '12, 8:56 am

Religion: Roman Catholic (Old School)
Default Re: Is it just me or has the site been crashing for other people, all day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathama Sit View Post

Wow I was seriously thinking about getting chrome. I guess I won't be getting it. Catholic Answers Forum has never crashed for me, I use IE exclusively, as I do not care for firefox. And now after reading this thread, I have another compelling reason to not care for Firefox.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
But, what you seem to have missed is the fact that it really wasn't an issue with Firefox. I tried connecting with IE and still couldn't do it. Others that had the same problem weren't even using Firefox. (I won't use IE because every hacker and virus spreader in the world targets them first, and their track record for stopping them has been pretty shabby.) It was something linked on CAF that was causing the problem. There's a thread in the Non-Catholics forum that might have been the culprit (10 reasons), since the link in it has now been removed by the Mod as a possible problem link.

"Keep close to the Catholic Church at all times, for the Church alone can give you true peace, since she alone possesses Jesus, the true Prince of Peace, in the Blessed Sacrament." ~ Padré Pio
Old Jan 8, '12, 9:12 am

Religion: Catholic leaning towards Byzantine

Google Chrome is beta, so the crashes are limited. Chrome leaves it up to you to add what extensions and gadgets you want. It may take a few weeks to recover from the many trips to the app store on NEW TAB, but it's better then all the error messages.
Old Jan 8, '12, 9:38 am
Banned

Quote:

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
Get Chrome! It is far superior to IE. Far superior.

The crashing was from CAF's end.....not the fault of any browser.
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:15 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
But, what you seem to have missed is the fact that it really wasn't an issue with Firefox. I tried connecting with IE and still couldn't do it. Others that had the same problem weren't even using Firefox. (I won't use IE because every hacker and virus spreader in the world targets them first, and their track record for stopping them has been pretty shabby.) It was something linked on CAF that was causing the problem. There's a thread in the Non-Catholics forum that might have been the culprit (10 reasons), since the link in it has now been removed by the Mod as a possible problem link.
Hmmmm. I have never had problems with IE or any viruses.

However, it is good the link is gone if indeed it was the culprit for CAF crashing. There has been a great deal of strange activity going on lately as attested to by Sirach2 and others here on CAF.
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:19 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic90 View Post

I'll do some more research on Chrome. Are there any drawbacks to Chrome?
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:23 am

Religion: Angry but practicing Catholic

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not having any problems any more, either: I think it was a problem link in a post, which was triggering some people's AV software (mine included). Tried the site in Chrome and FF and it's running like the proverbial top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela: "I don't believe in the Devil."

John Constantine: "You should. He believes in you." -- "Constantine"
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:27 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
Every time, I actually had to close my browser and reopen it to get my connection back. That's why I was thinking it was Firefox. Then I tried IE, in desperation, to see if it was related to FF. No dice. I couldn't connect through there, either.
Yes, I tried Chrome to see if the problem was with Firefox, but Chrome wouldn't allow me to connect either.

The technical people at CAF seem to be at work. And we members seem to be very persistent.
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:37 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
Yes, I tried Chrome to see if the problem was with Firefox, but Chrome wouldn't allow me to connect either.

The technical people at CAF seem to be at work. And we members seem to be very persistent.
Isn't that a membership requirement for us members?
Old Jan 8, '12, 10:48 am
Banned

Quote:
I'll do some more research on Chrome. Are there any drawbacks to Chrome?
None that I have found. I've been using it for several months now, and I love it!
Old Jan 8, '12, 9:52 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
None that I have found. I've been using it for several months now, and I love it!
Greetings Catholic90,

So sorry for the brisk and short posts earlier today. I usually dispense with the greetings and the God Bless you at the end of posts when I am posting from my Kindle. I got a Kindle without the keyboard, so I have to arrow back and forth and click on the letters. I am getting quite the hang of it now.

I am thinking of getting Chrome. The more I read on it today, the more I liked it. It would take forever to download on this dial up, but it will be lightenig fast on Thursday. I am only downloading the internet at, are you ready for this 28.6kb/s. Oh man this is going to be great.

The Forum usually takes around 3-4 hours to do a day, and that's only the long session at night. During the day it takes about 1-2 hours maybe depending on how many new posts there are to go through and if the threads are actively being posted to. So my time on the forum will be cut drastically. I can now do Meet and Greet threads which are exciting.

So yeah, only today, Tuesday, and Wednesday of dial up internet. I am so excited I can hardly wait.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit
Old Feb 6, '12, 1:09 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Seems weird but given the fact this thread started nearly a month ago, this is my worst day trying to log on, post, edit etc. The CAF server seems awfully sluggish today.
I have Firefox 10.0
Old Feb 6, '12, 2:02 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic (Oblate-Order St Benedict-MotRC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurionguard View Post
Seems weird but given the fact this thread started nearly a month ago, this is my worst day trying to log on, post, edit etc. The CAF server seems awfully sluggish today.
I have Firefox 10.0

I'm on FF, too and have had no problems at all

<--click
Totus Tuus
Cacciatore/Fungaiolo
Old Feb 6, '12, 6:02 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

What's really suprising is I am on CAF with IE6 and windows98 and the site has been fine for me. Go figure, I have problems with the site crashing with my new computer. However because of the IE6 thigns don't work for me, but that is not server related.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Bug Reports