Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 6, '12, 3:15 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: The Faithfully Departed: Memories and Prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by parable1 View Post
Would like prayers for the passing on of my parents and grandparents. There are greatly missed and get depressed about this time of year because of it. My Mom and dad Step Mom. I was there for them as they passed on just like they were there for me when I was a child. I love and miss you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenderx View Post
For my Nana, Esther, who passed away last summer. She would have been 90 years old tomorrow, Feb. 4th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresitasi View Post
In loving memory of my brother, Derek, who passed away a year ago today. Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the soul of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

C P J and L

Old Feb 9, '12, 4:38 am

Dear Lord, please remember my grandmother who just passed away. Be merciful and do not look on her sins but on her faith in You. Please grant her eternal Rest. Amen.
Old Feb 9, '12, 7:14 pm

May God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit receive your parents and grandparents in the eternal bliss of His Heavenly Kingdom. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild thing View Post
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.
Old Feb 10, '12, 1:44 am

Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkaurelE View Post
Dear Lord, please remember my grandmother who just passed away. Be merciful and do not look on her sins but on her faith in You. Please grant her eternal Rest. Amen.
Eternal rest grant unto her, oh Lord. And let perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in Peace. Amen.

I pray the community of saints join us in this prayer, and that they take this prayer before the throne of the Most High. I ask this in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

-RoderickA
Old Feb 11, '12, 4:55 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Our Father Who art in Heaven, Holy be Your Name. Your Kingdom Come, Your Will be Done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace, The Lord is with You. Blessed are You among women and Blessed is The Fruit of Your Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Glory be to The Father and to The Son and to The Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Eternal Rest, grant unto them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them, May they rest in peace. May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in Peace. Amen.
Old Feb 12, '12, 12:48 pm
Prayer Warrior

Loving God,

We lift our intentions for the repose of the soul of my Uncle Dale who passed away suddenly. Please have mercy on Uncle Dale and we hope that dear Jesus has met Uncle Dale and will take him to that special place in your house that has been prepared just for him. Please also comfort and console the family members and friends, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.
John 13:34-35: Jesus said, "I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another".
Old Feb 12, '12, 8:18 pm

Oh, Holy Mother of God, please intercede with your Son on behalf of her soul, so she may enter into the fullness of God's Kingdom. Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoderickA View Post
Eternal rest grant unto her, oh Lord. And let perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in Peace. Amen.

I pray the community of saints join us in this prayer, and that they take this prayer before the throne of the Most High. I ask this in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

-RoderickA
Old Feb 13, '12, 10:10 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Traditional Catholic

Eternal rest grant unto them, Oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. x14
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.” St. Athanasius
Old Mar 5, '12, 8:36 am
Prayer Warrior

Prayers for Maura, that she will find comfort and peace at the passing of her childhood friend.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.
Let perpetual light shine upon them.
May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.
"Lord Jesus, in times of trial and temptation, be my strength and consolation. Teach me not to fear the darkness, but rather draw me to your light. For it can only be in darkness that you will become my light and in your light that I may bring the light of healing to all I meet." - George Maloney
Old Mar 5, '12, 11:00 pm

Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmom2 View Post
Prayers for Maura, that she will find comfort and peace at the passing of her childhood friend.

Amen.

God brings friends into our lives for different reasons. Some walk with us for a short period of time. And others walk along side us for longer periods.

Sometimes it is not always the amount of time, but rather the shared experiences, both good and bad, and the helping of one an other through those experiences, that can speak volumes about a friendship.

The passing of either a long term or short term friend can be painful dependent upon the impact of the individual, rather than the amount of time spent with us.

I pray for Maura that she be reminded of the promises of Christ. And I promise to pray for the soul of her childhood friend, and all the faithful departed:

Eternal Rest grant unto them, oh Lord. And let Perpetual Light shine upon them. May they rest in Peace. Amen

Dear Lord, comfort Maura as she mourns the loss of a childhood friend. Remind her of the promises of your Son, Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Old Mar 6, '12, 1:52 pm
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Traditional Catholic

Eternal rest grant unto them, Oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. x14
“Catholics who remain faithful to Tradition, even if they are reduced to a handful, are the true Church of Jesus Christ.” St. Athanasius
Old Mar 6, '12, 8:15 pm

May God grant your friend eternal bliss in His welcoming Arms. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmom2 View Post

Amen.
Old Mar 17, '12, 7:17 pm

Eternal Father, I offer you, the body and the blood; soul and divinity of your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world

For the sake of his sorrowful passion.....Have mercy on us and on the whole world

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy immortal One
Have mercy on us and on the whole world
Old Mar 18, '12, 8:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara Collins View Post
New thread; please post here.
I am absolutely confused with HOW to use Catholic Answers to its greatest advantage. Please pray for the soul of my grandson who died at age 2 1/2. He is so missed. I can't wait to see him again. "Eye has not seen nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man, what God has prepared for those who love Him[/size]." For as little as he was, my grandson KNEW God as only God can know....These word are of such consolation to me.
Old Mar 18, '12, 6:44 pm
Prayer Warrior

For all our departed families and friends:

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy Mercy.

Amen.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions