Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Faith and Finances: 2014

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 18, '12, 12:54 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Lightbulb Are there any Breast Cancer charities that don't have ties to Planned Parenthood?

I'd really like to find a charity that doesn't have ties to Planned Parenthood. Clearly it is sinful to donate money to an organization that has ties to the abortion industry. But my immoral/uninformed/careless friends and family keep sending me requests to donate to Susan G. Koman. I haven't in 10 years (almost did last month....that was close). But instead of just saying no and explaining the pro-abortion slant of Koman, I'd love to be able to say no and then offer instead to donate in their name to a good Breast Cancer charity that explicitly rejects the abortion industry. Are there any??? Otherwise my prayers are all they're getting.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Feb 18, '12, 2:45 pm

Default Re: Are there any Breast Cancer charities that don't have ties to Planned Parenthood?

I used to work as a Pension Calculator for an Insurance Company that provided pensions to non-profits. The salaries that the employees of cancer charities earned was truly sickening. They were reaping salaries in the millions. I am talking about the American Cancer Society, United Way, and others. They are all joined at the hip with Planned Parenthood. Do some research on the internet. The Cancer Charities are more concerned with raising money for donations then they are in finding a cure for cancer.

Even Armstrong's Livestrong.org gives money to Planned Parenthood.
http://blog.livestrong.org/2012/02/0...ed-parenthood/
Old Feb 25, '12, 10:04 am

Default Re: Are there any Breast Cancer charities that don't have ties to Planned Parenthood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epower View Post
I used to work as a Pension Calculator for an Insurance Company that provided pensions to non-profits. The salaries that the employees of cancer charities earned was truly sickening. They were reaping salaries in the millions. I am talking about the American Cancer Society, United Way, and others. They are all joined at the hip with Planned Parenthood. Do some research on the internet. The Cancer Charities are more concerned with raising money for donations then they are in finding a cure for cancer.

Even Armstrong's Livestrong.org gives money to Planned Parenthood.
http://blog.livestrong.org/2012/02/0...ed-parenthood/
Yeah, that's what I figured. Are Catholic Charities completely safe? Someone told me they are independant of the Church. I don't understand how any organization that uses the Church's name can be independant of the Church, but hopefully they are being true to the Church's teachings.
Old Feb 25, '12, 10:10 am

Religion: Catholic

You could make donations to hospitals that provide free mamograms to low-income people. We have a local hospital that has a mamo-van that helps women in low-income areas. As far as research goes, I don't know of any options.
Old Feb 25, '12, 10:49 am

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psteichen View Post
I'd really like to find a charity that doesn't have ties to Planned Parenthood. Clearly it is sinful to donate money to an organization that has ties to the abortion industry. But my immoral/uninformed/careless friends and family keep sending me requests to donate to Susan G. Koman. I haven't in 10 years (almost did last month....that was close). But instead of just saying no and explaining the pro-abortion slant of Koman, I'd love to be able to say no and then offer instead to donate in their name to a good Breast Cancer charity that explicitly rejects the abortion industry. Are there any??? Otherwise my prayers are all they're getting.

Thanks for any advice!
Go volunteer at the Breast Center at your hospital. There are women there who would be thrilled just to have you sit with them and talk.

Find out who in your parish is suffering from breast cancer treatment, take her family a meal, babysit her kids, mow her yard. Just care.

Love our neighbors.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Faith and Finances: 2014