Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

View Poll Results: Who should be the Republican Candidate for President?
Santorum 81 56.64%
Romney 24 16.78%
Gingrich 6 4.20%
Paul 32 22.38%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old Feb 21, '12, 6:11 am
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic In Faith Only
Send a message via AIM to Scott_Lafrance
Default Re: Republican Primary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewton View Post
Besides, I have always found that printing money in my basement is easier than minting coins.
Ben bernanke doesn't even print it. He just types a few numbers in a computer and PRESTO!, billions of dollars of new currency. Its like magic.
Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:14 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewton View Post
Besides, I have always found that printing money in my basement is easier than minting coins.
You don't even have to do that. Call yourself a bank and Bernanke will "lend" it to you at 0%. No need of fractional reserve either which lends and borrows at market rates.
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:17 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_Lafrance View Post
Ben bernanke doesn't even print it. He just types a few numbers in a computer and PRESTO!, billions of dollars of new currency. Its like magic.
I heard he can "print" $500 billion with one finger even. And if it ends up in Europe somewhere, so what, he can "print" another $1 Trillion for your pleasure. Thank you, Bush and Obama, for appointing this guy for the world.
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:28 am
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVobis View Post
I heard he can "print" $500 billion with one finger even. And if it ends up in Europe somewhere, so what, he can "print" another $1 Trillion for your pleasure. Thank you, Bush and Obama, for appointing this guy for the world.
Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:43 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Default Re: santorum: prenatal testing encourages abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift from God View Post
It's called the Democratic Party. If the GOP is superior to the Democratic Party, then what are they doing to help the poor and middle class? I don't see them doing anything

Creazting jobs by improving the economy and gretting rid of opressive regulations that stifles the growth of business.(like the health care bill). Working hard to break the dependency the Democrat Party has engendered among the poor.Democrat Party policy has led to massive illegtimacy and institionalized poverty among the poor. 70% of the populace now recives more from the govt than the taxes they pay. The government pays 100 billion in tax refunds to people who owe no tax., The sytem the Democrat Party put in place is a dsiaster, it doesnt woirk and it is bankrupting the country. Rather than wotking hard to impove this generation they focus on contracepting and aborting the next generation out of existence.

Miguel Agustin Pro
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:48 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymus View Post
AP:

Paul says US `slipping into a fascist system'

You can always depend on Paul for comic relief whenver the campign get too intense.

BTW-sounds like he gave his specch at the Liberty Memorialthat does indeed have a nifyty World War I museum. It is jhst across from KCs Massive union station. My Dad used to take us there to show us the bullet holes in the outers walls from the "KC Massacre"(gangsters) in the Thirties.

Miguel Agustin Pro

Last edited by estesbob; Feb 21, '12 at 7:08 am.
Old Feb 21, '12, 10:55 am

Default New Ron Paul ad attacks Rick Santorum: ‘Is this dude serious?’

Quote:
Another sign that Rick Santorum is the new front-runner — he’s under attack from Ron Paul.

In a clever new ad, the libertarian-leaning Texas House member attacks the former Pennsylvania senator as a faux fiscal conservative.

There’s a shot at Santorum’s social conservative credentials, too — the ad claims he “even hooked Planned Parenthood up with a few million bucks.”

It’s true that Santorum voted for funding for contraception through Title X, and some of that money goes to Planned Parenthood (a group he wants to defund). But it’s hard to imagine the social conservative losing support to Paul on this issue
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n8QR_blog.html

What are your thoughts on his support of Title X?

Please discuss with charity. God Bless

Let me recognize You as Your disciples did so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart. Padre Pio

Seminarian Studying for the Priesthood of Jesus Christ
Old Feb 21, '12, 12:36 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic. Gender: Female
Default Re: New Ron Paul ad attacks Rick Santorum: ‘Is this dude serious?’

Paul Ad Falsely Claims Santorum Supports Planned Parenthood
Quote:
The campaign of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has launched a new campaign ad that attacks pro-life Republican hopeful Rick Santorum and falsely claims Santorum supports funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business.

The Santorum campaign was quick to respond, with national communications director Hogan Gidley telling CNN that “for all of Ron Paul’s blustering about conservatism, the bottom line is that he’s been in Congress for decades and has not had a single accomplishment to forward the cause of conservatism. Not one.”

On Monday, on the Sean Hannity program on Fox News, Santorum himself responded to the charge.

“Look, I’m not a big fan of Title X, that is Planned Parenthood. No, I want to defund Planned Parenthood,” he told Hannity.

Santorum also said in December that he strongly supopts the most recent efforts in Congress to eliminate taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood.

“[The abortion] is an inhumanity that should not occur in this country,” Santorum said, according to the Daily Iowan. “[Tax dollars] should not be used for things that are morally objectionable.”

---

In fact, the record shows Santorum has a long line of votes to deny taxpayer funding for abortion and Planned Parenthood and frequently compiled 100% pro-ife voting records from the National Right to Life Committee.

During his last year as a senator from Pennsylvania, Santorum opposed a an amendment to nullify the Mexico City Policy, which Presdient George W. Bush put in place to revoke funding to Planned Parenthood to promote and perform abortions in other nations. In 2001, President George W. Bush, by executive order, adopted a policy that U.S. funds for overseas “population assistance” programs could not go to private organizations that perform abortion or promote abortion (except to save the life of the mother, or in cases of rape and incest) — for example, by working to repeal pro-life laws. Santorum, on April 5, 2005, voted against the Boxer amendment to nullify that.

Santorum also voted against funding abortions or Planned Parenthood in several other situations:

* July 2003 – Voted to support the Mexico City Policy de-funding Planned Parenthood.

* May 2003 – Voted against allowing abortions at tax-funded military base hospitals.

* June 2000 – Voted against allowing abortions at tax-funded military base hospitals.

* May 1999 – Voted against allowing abortions at tax-funded military base hospitals.

* June 1998 – Voted against allowing abortions at tax-funded military base hospitals.

* July 1997 – Voted against taxpayer fnuding of abortions in federal employee health insurance plans.

* July 1997 – Voted against allowing abortions at tax-funded military base hospitals.

* June 1997 – Voted against taxpayer funding of abrotions in the S-CHIP program

* February 1997 – Voted against taxpayer fund of the pro-abortion UNFPA
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/21/p...ed-parenthood/
Old Feb 21, '12, 1:05 pm
Banned

I'd like to see a specific response to what the Paul ad is claiming, this doesnt look like its proving the claim false, just making other claims to defend a generic accusation.
Old Feb 21, '12, 1:34 pm

Quote:
It's called the Democratic Party. If the GOP is superior to the Democratic Party, then what are they doing to help the poor and middle class? I don't see them doing anything
It is the Democrat Party. Questionable if it's democratic,
Old Feb 21, '12, 1:40 pm
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCatholic4JMJ View Post
It is the Democrat Party. Questionable if it's democratic,
They should just change their name to the Totalitarian Party. Their initials would be TP, which is about what it is good for.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old Feb 21, '12, 2:08 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Christian in the Holy Catholic Church

Quote:
That doesn't make the GOP worse than the Democratic Party at least the GOP defends the life of the unborn child. Protecting life is more important than helping the middle class.

Old Feb 21, '12, 2:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abyssinia View Post
Paul Ad Falsely Claims Santorum Supports Planned Parenthood

I’m not a big fan of Title X

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/21/p...ed-parenthood/
He Voted For Title X

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/santoru...ed-parenthood/

he will talk about it in the first few minuets of this video, he clearly says that he voted for title x, and he knew some of that money went to Planned Parenthood.

I understand this guy is pro life but his voting record doesn't exact line up with his views.

below are all the bills Ron Paul sited in his Ad.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d104:H.R.3019:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d104:H.R.3610:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d105:H.R.2264:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d106:H.R.4577:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.2673:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:H.R.4814:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.3010:

Let me recognize You as Your disciples did so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart. Padre Pio

Old Feb 21, '12, 2:54 pm

they merged my thread now this issue will be lost in a debate on all the candidates

but anyway santorum supporters why did he vote yes on Title X?

Old Feb 21, '12, 2:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Guy View Post
That doesn't make the GOP worse than the Democratic Party at least the GOP defends the life of the unborn child. Protecting life is more important than helping the middle class.
but don't through out social justice and act like its a non important issue.

Personally I dislike both parties

the GOPs stance on social justice is far from the views of the Catholic Church.

The dems stance on sanctity of life is far from the views of the Catholic Church.

Right now I'm stuck with picking out who I think best supports my views and the views of the Church and vote for him no matter what if I can vote for him. Both the GOP and the Dems are leading this country down the path of destruction we are no longer going to be the worlds largest superpower. I just hope Americans see this in time so we are alt east in the top 3 of the worlds superpowers just not the top or something.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News