Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Feb 21, '12, 1:00 am
CAF News Bot

Religion: Catholic
Default Every Single U.S. Bishop

Has Condemned the Obama Mandate

Full article...

Discussion welcomed and encouraged.
Old Feb 21, '12, 6:37 am
Banned

Default Re: Every Single U.S. Bishop

Yeah...right. Every American Catholic Bishop opposes the Obama mandate and well over half of them supported his election along with a majority of the American Catholic Laity. Some of us (and I say this with sorrow not pride) knew before election day what Obama was and is...a wolf in the clothing (well tailored I might add) of sheep.

He went to Notre Dame and offered what appeared to be a gentle hand of willingness to engage in discourse. He "re-assured" everyone that the Stupak Amendment would be integrated into Obamacare. He campaigned for unity only to pit Americans against Americans. He's the Lucy to our Charlie Brown promising NOT to pull the football away and now we find ourselves flat on our backs.

We complain now that the hook is set after we took the bait. Who's the fool? The fool or the fool that follows the fool? To the American Bishops and my fellow Catholics...the joke is on us!

George Weigel has an excellent essay in National Review On Line:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-george-weigel

Why the Bishops have not taken a harder line with liberal Catholic elected politicians supporting this monstrosity is a mystery to me.

So sports fans, as the house burns down, it's now a very bitter reminder that we gldaly handed our enemies...YES ENEMIES, the matches.
Old Feb 21, '12, 7:41 am
Veteran Member

Religion: Catholic - no buts.

Hopefully this is a sign that our bishops have recognized the need to remove the decorative, ceremonial heads from their croziers and screw on the combat ones.
Old Feb 21, '12, 7:38 pm
Banned

Well...something is going to give and someone is going to blink. At this point in time, I honestly know which side gives and blinks first.
Old Feb 21, '12, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15thClub View Post
He's the Lucy to our Charlie Brown promising NOT to pull the football away and now we find ourselves flat on our backs.
Nicely put.

Quote:
We complain now that the hook is set after we took the bait. Who's the fool? The fool or the fool that follows the fool? To the American Bishops and my fellow Catholics...the joke is on us!
What's sadder is you still have all these people here on the forum defending him and proudly declaring how they will vote for him again, even after all this.
Old Feb 22, '12, 8:12 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278

This does not surprise me in the least and I am very happy to hear that every Bishop here in the United States has spoken out against the contraceptive mandate. I tell you, Obama needs to be replaced with someone else and fast. Personally I wish he would be gone before the next election but the only way that would happen is if he were impeached or something and I doubt that is going to happen. Obama has been nothing but bad news for this nation and I hope we get rid of him when we vote in the next election.
Old Feb 22, '12, 10:21 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Bottom line you never know the true moral colors of any politician until their well grounded in major office. Casting your vote is almost always like playing a gamble on Russian Roulette.
Old Feb 22, '12, 1:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurionguard View Post
Bottom line you never know the true moral colors of any politician until their well grounded in major office. Casting your vote is almost always like playing a gamble on Russian Roulette.
At least we should all know Obama's true moral color by now. Hopefully Catholics won't vote for him this November; otherwise, what will this country become?
And none beside thee delights me on earth. (Psalm 73:25)

Old Feb 22, '12, 9:16 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15thClub View Post

Well said sir.
I noticed that you have been banned. I wonder if it is because you have dared to voice an unpopular (but true) opinion.
Old Feb 22, '12, 9:37 pm

What everyone in this discussion has not mentioned is the fact that OB either lied to or seriously led Archbishop, now Cardinal, Dolan astray about the medical issue, just before OB's so-called compromise was announced and the Archbishop had to go to Rome.
Now that the Cardinal has returned home, I hope OB finds that he has an Irish tiger by the tail.
And, in case anyone has forgotten, Irish tigers have long memories and sharper teeth and longer claws than mere mortal tigers!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News