Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 21, '12, 2:23 am

Religion: Catholic Revert-so happy to be back!
Default Re: Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufjon View Post
Just a big thank you to everyone who posted here so far. Each of you have been gracious enough to open up and share with everyone that which is dear to you, which can take a good deal of courage. All the stories have been inspiring and have enriched us all.

Your friend
Sufjon
And thank you for sharing your story too Safjon. I have read many of your post on the forum and I can tell you are a blessed soul, a wonderful child of God.

God Bless you and your family.
Old Feb 21, '12, 4:46 am
Banned

Religion: Learning about Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels Eyes View Post
And thank you for sharing your story too Safjon. I have read many of your post on the forum and I can tell you are a blessed soul, a wonderful child of God.

Thank you for the very kind words Angels Eyes. God bless you and yours as well.

Your friend,
Sufjon
Old Feb 21, '12, 5:14 am
Banned

Religion: Learning about Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels Eyes View Post

Hi Angels Eyes - I forgot to mention that I know the feeling you talked about in your post about the Blessed Mother. I knew exactly what you were describing when you told the story. She will always be with you, and there will never be a time when you are left in want of Her love.

Your friend,
Sufjon
Old Feb 24, '12, 2:02 am

Religion: Catholic Revert-so happy to be back!

Quote:
Hi Angels Eyes - I forgot to mention that I know the feeling you talked about in your post about the Blessed Mother. I knew exactly what you were describing when you told the story. She will always be with you, and there will never be a time when you are left in want of Her love.

Your friend,
Sufjon
Oh thank you Sufjon, that is a wonderful to think she will always be with me. I am still learning a lot about the Catholic church (even though I was born into it....Catholic revert now) and I have found from the start it is our Blessed Mother I am close to. A love and closeness I cannot fully describe. I have told others of my experience, and I think they find it difficult to understand. But I know what I felt and I will never forget it.

God Bless.
Old Feb 25, '12, 9:15 pm

Religion: Catholic (Ex Protestant)

Quote:
Hello Everyone: I was hoping to start a thread wherein participants can share accounts of their own direct experiences with God. What were the circumstances? How would you describe it? Was it manifest in a mundane everyday event that was somehow attended by a deeper awareness or presence, or was it something totally out of the ordinary that caught your attention? Or was it something altogether beyond what you could describe, or an intimation? Maybe it's something you experience every day. How does that happen with you personally?

All are welcome to share.

Your friend,
Sufjon
I've had a number of experiences which cover a range from God or an angel, deceased people, and demonic.

God or an angel -

"Double Whammies" three times, like a breath going through you in waves from head to foot and which highlighted a specific phrase or sentence that was being said at the time by another (pastor twice, Bible study leader once).

Voices which three times cut directly across my own thoughts, clearly came from outside, and which addressed quite specifically the issue I was thinking about at the time.

A very unpleasant sense of burning anger, and a threat of personal physical disintegration, when I was trying to be a bit too pally in my thoughts.

There have been others. In mass or church, I often get a sort of tingle which starts in the head and moves down towards my feet, but I don't take much notice these days as I'm wary of the source. It could be good or evil. It doesn't seem to happen anywhere else, unless I'm thinking about spiritual things.

Deceased people

My father turned up in my room the night he died, started with an apology, we argued and conversed, and at the end he disappeared with one almighty terrifying scream.

A handful of visions of my old Protestant pastor, in which he's turned up to say something specific eg. "The Catholic Church is closest to the truth", and other things.

A sort of encounter with a ghost of suicide at Ipswich when I was doing a cleaning job, in line with a prophecy / prediction the above pastor made years before. With hindsight, I think I may have seen this ghost once before when I was quite young, when we were driving home via Ipswich after camping at Legume just over the NSW border. I still remember seeing this bloke standing on the footpath with a briefcase looking pretty frustrated. I looked at him, and he looked at me. As we went past, I looked back, and as I did so, he walked "through" the door, which was shut. Maybe it was a sign about the future event later predicted by the pastor. It gave me the heebie geebies at the time, and I wondered if there was something wrong with my mind.

A strong sense of peace when some people die, especially if they've been Christian. The strongest and longest lasting was when my old pastor died. It went on for a good half an hour. It was about 3am and that's when he died.

A few other things in this line as well.

Demonic

Heavy gripping pressures at night, like a truck sitting on you.

Dreams suddenly become nightmares, and then waking up, to have this sense of a sinister presence in the room. The light usually changes to a darker hue, despite street lights outside.

"Tingles" used when I was a fairly new Christian, which sought to push me into a deception. The same deception nearly brought Creation Science (Now "Answers in Genesis") to its knees in its early days when one significant member thought he was one of the "Two Witnesses" of Revelation (Chapter 11 - it must have been the demonic fad at the time, because when I went to one counsellor, he commented, "You're about the fifth "witness" I've seen in two weeks! I'm beginning to wonder what's going on!").

One occasion when an ugly character turned up in a brief vision, and said in an unpleasant voice, "I've been given permission to wreck your career". About a month later I lost the job I had at the time, the only "career" position I've had to date.

Sinister apparitions in windows and mirrors from time to time.

Again there's been a few others.

So there's been a few.
Old Feb 26, '12, 7:59 am

Religion: Catholic

I have had many "experiences" of God in my life, but a funny one thta comes to mind is one time I was feeling very righteous, and in my conversation with God was telling Him what a wonderfull prayer warrior I could be ( yea I know, pride is a sin, lol). Just at that moment a flock of wild turkeys crossed in front of my car. Ever since I was a little girl, my earthly dad always called me " you little turkey" whenever I was acting boastful. and I knew that it was my Heavenly Father chuckling at me and calling me the same endearment.
Old Feb 26, '12, 3:34 pm

Religion: Catholic (Ex Protestant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandesmommie View Post
I have had many "experiences" of God in my life, but a funny one thta comes to mind is one time I was feeling very righteous, and in my conversation with God was telling Him what a wonderfull prayer warrior I could be ( yea I know, pride is a sin, lol). Just at that moment a flock of wild turkeys crossed in front of my car. Ever since I was a little girl, my earthly dad always called me " you little turkey" whenever I was acting boastful. and I knew that it was my Heavenly Father chuckling at me and calling me the same endearment.
Reminds me of a story my old pastor told us in one of his sermons.

He was commenting that he never aimed a sermon deliberately at anyone in the congregation. If we found the sermon led us to a bit of soul searching, then that was between us and God, but he NEVER aimed a sermon deliberately at anyone in his church.

WIth one glorious exception.

When he'd been younger, there'd been a bloke in one of his previous congregations who'd really been causing trouble in the church. He really had.

So one day the pastor let fly with a sermon deliberately aimed at this particular individual.

At the end of the service, this bloke came out the front door, shook the pastor by the hand very warmly, and said, "Brother! That was just what THEY needed!!"

The pastor thought, "Maybe God was trying to give me a hint ....." From that time on he never aimed a sermon at anyone.
Old Mar 3, '12, 12:47 pm

Religion: Catholic

While I was reading the subjects on this forum I made a thought, maybe it would be great to read about some 'miracles' that ordinary people experienced in their lives. And a few sec. or minutes later I found you guys...
I remember that once while I was praying I thought to myself: why would I pray to Virgin Mary, she isn't that important, at the same moment I felt strong pain in my heart. I will not joke with such things anymore.
Old Mar 3, '12, 1:58 pm
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

thanks everyone for sharing their story.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions