Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > British Catholics

British Catholics Click here to visit this social group

Old Apr 12, '11, 2:09 pm
Registering
Forum Supporter

Default Ordinariate

Hello all,

Nice to see a few other British Catholics on the site - I am a new member today, from Glasgow in the UK.

I was just curious if any of you are Anglicans who are, (or are considering), joining full communion with Pope Benedict via the Ordinariate?

I am really pleased to see that the ordinariate has got off to a good, robust start and wanted to say welcome! I hope what the ex-anglican group has achieved already will encourage higher numbers to convert, seeking unity and orthodoxy.

What appealed to you about the move, and what reservations did you have?

No need to go into detail if you prefer not to, mainly looking just to say "hi".

Hope to see you around!

PS - I also think its encouraging that this scheme is being mirrored around the world - canada, australia etc - and is open to the TAC also, I understand.

As far as Scotland goes, the only converting group I am aware of is a Scottish Espiscopal Church (anglican communion) group, from Inverness, coming over as part of the Ordinariate.
Old Mar 1, '12, 6:21 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Non- Non-Catholic
Post Re: Ordinariate

Hi GWright. I'm not Anglican, but I'd like to share two articles I recently found, both from the March 2011 issue of New Directions. In the first, God speed the Ordinariate, "Peter Mullen explains why, despite being alienated by the Church of Englandís recent innovations, he prefers to stay and fight his corner". In the second, The way forward, "Ian Grieves sets out why he thinks the Ordinariate offers the best future for his parish".

"Pastoral activity in the Catholic Church, Latin as well as Eastern, no longer aims at having the faithful of one Church pass over to the other"
- the Balamand Statement

Inklings group

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > British Catholics