Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Birds, Butterflies, & Beasts

Birds, Butterflies, & Beasts Click here to visit this social group

Old Jan 31, '12, 2:52 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Do animals have souls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce3 View Post
The Hebrew word used for life both for man and animals is nephish or life translated as soul in Scripture.
Both have life,but only man was created in the' image and likness' of God Himself.
In context both are' living souls' but only man has self consciouness and can have true fellowship with God. It is man that is commanded by God to repent and accept His Son-not animals,etc.Acts 17:30

Since man was created in the "likeness" of God and since God is a Trinity man is too (my view) as he is''body,soul and spirit'(note Paul says "whole"in the ref.).as the Apostle Paul said under inspiration
.l Thess.5:23b
Note ll Corth.13:14 where the Trinity is mentioned.
Animals do not have have a spirit.and are not a trinity or spiritual being as man is.

To be fair some believe that man is a duality and that soul (psyche gk)and spirit (puema gk) are the same.
The Holy Spirit by His Word "divides apart"gk.both soul and spirit in man! Heb.4:12

Some believe that all the animals that have ever lived will be ressurected in the last days along with man,but this is beyond divine revelation.
I like to think so though (be nice to see Spot and Pretty Bird again lol) as Jesus died for the kosmos g.k or world (see Jn.3:16-God loves the created cosmos or world just as he does man-He saw that the creation which included living creatures of all sorts itself was "good.") which includes man that has accepted Him as divine Saviour.
Repeat: Pope John Paul II said that "animals possess a soul and men must love and feel solidarity with our smaller brethren" and that animals are "'as near to God as men are".
Old Feb 1, '12, 10:51 am

Religion: baptist

The Bible is very clear on this point ONLY man has a body,soul and spirit (lThess.5:23 b) and was created in the" image and likness of God."Gen.1:26-8. Man was to have "dominion" over all animals.

Jesus the Perfect Holy Man/God said He had a 'soul/spirit and body' in the NT.Gospels.In Mark He says my soul (psuche')is on the brink of death.'Gk.It says His spirt (pneuma)groaned. And in Matt.He said take eat this is my body (soma).Animals do not have this divine composition.

Only man was to fellowship God as is very plain to those who KNOW Holy Scripture.
God loves all creation,of course,but only mankind has the capacity due to his/her" image and likeness" to his/her Creator to worship God.

I for one would like to see Scripture/s which say animals worship God and He fellowships with them,etc., in this capacity.In Bible study from the original languages since 1963 I have found nothing that says this.
Old Feb 2, '12, 3:01 am

Thumbs down Re: Do animals have souls?

Quote:
The Bible is very clear on this point ONLY man has a body,soul and spirit (lThess.5:23 b) and was created in the" image and likness of God."Gen.1:26-8. Man was to have "dominion" over all animals.

Jesus the Perfect Holy Man/God said He had a 'soul/spirit and body' in the NT.Gospels.In Mark He says my soul (psuche')is on the brink of death.'Gk.It says His spirt (pneuma)groaned. And in Matt.He said take eat this is my body (soma).Animals do not have this divine composition.

Only man was to fellowship God as is very plain to those who KNOW Holy Scripture.
God loves all creation,of course,but only mankind has the capacity due to his/her" image and likeness" to his/her Creator to worship God.

I for one would like to see Scripture/s which say animals worship God and He fellowships with them,etc., in this capacity.In Bible study from the original languages since 1963 I have found nothing that says this.
Doesn't even Jesus say: '' “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” Stones don't have souls, spirits etc.

Paul writes that all of creation has been groaning as if it was giving labour awaiting the day that God brings restoration to the earth and adopts all of his children as heirs to his kingdom. It is because of nature that we are fed, housed and clothed now why do you pursue this pointless debate favouring only redeemed souls in heaven. Nature by its very nature applauds, praises, sings and worships the Trinity without any approval from us 'conscious' beings. 'Conscious' beings - now that's a laugh for a start!

Nature and that will include all of the animals witness to Our Glorious God:

You shall go out with joy
And be let forth with peace,
And the mountains and the hills
Will break forth before you
There'll be shouts of joy
And all the trees of the fields
Will clap, will clap their hands

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55: 12

Psalm 65: 13The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 69:34 Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
Psalm 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;
Psalm 148:9 you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
Isaiah 14:8 Even the pine trees and the cedars of Lebanon exult over you and say, "Now that you have been laid low, no woodsman comes to cut us down."
Old Feb 2, '12, 3:03 am

Thumbs down Re: Do animals have souls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winstone View Post
Doesn't even Jesus say: '' “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” Stones don't have souls, spirits etc.

Paul writes that all of creation has been groaning as if it was giving labour awaiting the day that God brings restoration to the earth and adopts all of his children as heirs to his kingdom. It is because of nature that we are fed, housed and clothed now why do you pursue this pointless debate favouring only redeemed souls in heaven. Nature by its very nature applauds, praises, sings and worships the Trinity without any approval from us 'conscious' beings. 'Conscious' beings - now that's a laugh for a start!

Nature and that will include all of the animals witness to Our Glorious God:

You shall go out with joy
And be let forth with peace,
And the mountains and the hills
Will break forth before you
There'll be shouts of joy
And all the trees of the fields
Will clap, will clap their hands

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55: 12

Psalm 65: 13The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing.
Psalm 69:34 Let heaven and earth praise him, the seas and all that move in them,
Psalm 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
Psalm 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;
Psalm 148:9 you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
Isaiah 14:8 Even the pine trees and the cedars of Lebanon exult over you and say, "Now that you have been laid low, no woodsman comes to cut us down."
Dominion over all the animals does not mean their exclusion!
Old Feb 3, '12, 9:56 am

I will stay with the Word of God His Holy Bible.

No one is excluding animals. I for one believe that all animals that have ever lived wil be restored for the Kingdom of God.

But they were NOT made in the very" image and likeness of God" as was man.There will always be that 'divide.'

Who was tested in the Garden of Eden? Man.
Who had access to the Tree of Lives? (pl. in Heb.mind/body/spirit- type or symbol- but real- of Christ our 'Tree of Life'-man choose Satan in the 'Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil'-sad) Man.
Who did God visit and fellowship with in the 'cool breezes' of the day?Man.
Who received the Word of God OT and NT? Man.
Who did Christ die for? Man

But God bless the whole creation.
We should love and when necessary and /or care for animals,etc.
'Be kind to your domestic animal' said Moses.
My co.has given to cubs of tigers (I got to feed them quite a thrill!)slain by man because of poaching.Terrible,but we are trying to help.
Support animals whenever possible.
Old Feb 4, '12, 3:04 am

I don't think anyone was disputing that Brucie! Your original contribution implied the 'exclusion' of creation. How God regenerates at the end of time is truly up to Him. It was our sin that upset nature not the other way round and ''Look, I am making all things new'' does not leave out nature. We have the honour of recognizing the existence of God through nature - see Paul - therefore it has played a role in our understanding of God through His creation. Surley our God will not exclude nature and leave us bereft of what we share in common. I believe we can safely deduce from scripture that God loves all of his creation and what ''the eye has not seen, nor the ear heard'' will be beyond all our imaginations!
Old Mar 6, '12, 3:26 pm

Quote:
I will stay with the Word of God His Holy Bible.
So will we. You simply aren't getting that no, the Bible does not exclude animals having souls.

I will also trust in the Pope's opinion over yours. Nothing against you, but I'm going out on a limb and thinking he knows more about this kind of thing than you do.

PS you might note this is a CATHOLIC site. If your intent is to sway anyone to a "baptist way of thinking," I wouldn't hold your breath. Most of us also like to dance and a good glass of wine or 2.

But in fact, I'm not even aware of any common baptist belief that says definitely animals do not have souls anyway, so don't know why this is so hard for you to even consider as a possibility.
Old Mar 7, '12, 3:44 am

Talking Re: Do animals have souls?

Widower, you are a gem! I had such a good laugh when I saw your contribution. Let all of nature bless the Lord, even with a glass of wine, fruit of the vine!
Old Mar 7, '12, 2:05 pm

Catholic or Christian? All who accept Christ are Christian. Not Baptist or any Faith can save ONLY Jesus. This is the only thing as you say I am trying "sway" anyone that has doubts,etc.,if that be the correct word.
He is THE SAVIOR of the world.
I will repeat only man was made in the "image and likeness of God."

No problem I will stop posting!

God bless!
Old Mar 8, '12, 1:57 am

Unhappy Re: Do animals have souls?

Dear Brucie - Sorry you are leaving this discussion, but I think the question has now been 'done to death'! Thank you for your input! I hope you don't feel disregarded on a 'Catholic' site - everyone is welcome. In the scheme of things, I feel absolutely certain that many Catholics share your understanding of the question. My concern as a Catholic was that when you, as a Baptist, emphasise that there is only one mediator between God and man and that is Jesus Christ, there is a doubt as to whether you think Catholics believe and cherish what Our Saviour has done for us. That is the Catholic position - without the redemptive act of Jesus Christ, we are nothing. Your devotion to the Holy Bible is wonderful and we Catholics can learn from that. I think Widower's rebuke was playful - so I hope you don't feel hurt. We are very much aware of the devotion and heroism to Our Lord known as ''our separated brethren'' and I cherish your devotion to our mighty Saviour!

There is a day
That all creation's waiting for,
A day of freedom and liberation for the earth.
... And on that day
The Lord will come to meet His bride,
... And when we see Him
In an instant we'll be changed
The trumpet sounds
And the dead will then be raised
By His power,
Never to perish again.
Once only flesh,
Now clothed with immortality,
Death has now been
Swallowed up in victory

Halleluja

We shall all meet up one day with Him at the Heavenly Banquet!
Old Jul 22, '12, 12:56 pm

Well, if what I hope for counts, they will go to heaven, but they will not enjoy the Beatific Vision, they will be a part of the New Heaven and the New Earth. I envision Heaven sort of like a new, original Paradise, except even better. In the new Paradise animals will not eat each other. That is what I hope anyway. After all, on earth they really led a hard life and not very pleasant, surely there will be a reward for that.
Old Jul 23, '12, 10:24 am
Observing Member

I believe that when animals die they will go to a place seperate from humans. We will be in a paradise with beautiful streams and grass but animals will live in a place more like a forest. Animal's will be free of stress. They will be able live like the days in Eden before sin entered the world. No fear of human intervention. No longer hunted or mistreated. St. Francis called God's creation by names like, sister moon and brother wolf. We are all tied together. Plus, the bible states that all creatures knees will bend to worship the true God. And that all creation knows God.
Old Oct 22, '12, 10:53 am
Banned

Religion: SaunnyRusZI
Send a message via ICQ to Preorshenna
Default Reduction Body weight With Accurate Methods To Decide on The Suitable Approaches

GHD not basically offer superb ultimate results hair stylist connect with for through replace on appropriate now there buyers. GHD kind nevertheless the whole model picture of suitable curly hair durations matches fantastically. This australia style and design that you can do ghd sale obtain your. Which in convert options a system oriented organization the producer on your very own wound up getting just not long ago grouped. Along with close to the world ideal can help make relatively alright in direction of the gadgets. The unique stylers will be genuinely a lady will have to have got model.

Soon after you receive a new suited strength wire. You will call for to do the individual fixes plan to an personal ghd stylers quarterly report. Right now, if your go along with these restore reduced value cheap ghd straightener ghd straighteners recommendations. If uncertain discover a certified ghd mend store expert. Maintain your ghd unitedly which has a hair or even elasticated are usually promoted with just about every other. Did you know cheap ghd uk by fee minimal charge ghd hair stylers. Could make your individual ghd australia effective as superior as new.
Old Oct 26, '12, 3:26 am
Banned

Default beats dr dre 7675

˙ţ Chercher de bon Monster Beats casque pour ceux Ipods <a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#8994">casque beats</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#7059
<a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#7271">beats pas cher</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#3221
<a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#6039">casque dre beats</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#4973 ˙ţMonster beats casque de ma vie beaucoup plus facile
Old Oct 26, '12, 3:27 am
Banned

Default casque pas cher 0138

˙ţBeats Studio ont assez grande Suppression du bruit <a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#1986">casque beats</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#0072
<a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#5677">beats pas cher</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#5081
<a href="http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#9964">casque dre beats</a> http://www.casquebeatsenpascher.com/#7514 ˙ţMonster Beats par Dr. Dre Écouteurs du avant tout Digital System

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Birds, Butterflies, & Beasts