Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Catholic Sports Fans

Catholic Sports Fans Click here to visit this social group

Old Mar 29, '10, 11:53 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default NHL

Anybody here follow NHL? I like the Maple Leaves, even though yes, we are dead last for like the gazziliounth year in a row. :'( I also admire Miika Kiprusoff even though he blew the Finnish's chances in the olympics, Martin Brodeur, and Ovechkin, cause of his antics.
Old Mar 29, '10, 12:27 pm

Default Re: NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldood View Post
Anybody here follow NHL? I like the Maple Leaves, even though yes, we are dead last for like the gazziliounth year in a row. :'( I also admire Miika Kiprusoff even though he blew the Finnish's chances in the olympics, Martin Brodeur, and Ovechkin, cause of his antics.
i like the Red Wings myself....their not doin so bad this year...not as good as i mite like perhaps but they r in the playoffs which is more than they could say a couple weeks ago!!!! in the 6th spot 2. hopfully we can beat out Nsh for the 5th.
Old Mar 29, '10, 12:53 pm

Caps have had a pretty good season. I want the cup this year. Theo or Varly being in form come playoff time will determine if we win the cup or not.
Old Mar 30, '10, 10:57 am
Prayer Warrior

Yupp, the caps are pretty much set to take the cup home, i think. The red wings... not so much, but they're playing better than they were a little while ago, I can say that. btw, did anybody watch the caps vs flames game yesterday? It was pretty good I think the flames won, it wasn't the caps fault though the flames were playing as if everything depended on them winning a million to 0.
Old Apr 2, '10, 10:14 pm

I was at the Flames game. I and many more booed the Caps off the ice after that first period. I paid big money to go to that game. True, we already had the division and conference wrapped up and a substantial presidents cup lead but the ticket cost a heck of a lot of money and I expected better effort. 5-3 loss isnt a huge deal considering our place in the standings but giving up 4 of those goals in the first period with little effort is. I realize the Flames lost the night before 5-0 to the Bruins and the Canadian media ripped them and if they lost to the Caps their season would be done but it doesnt excuse the poor penalty kill and terrible goaltending. This is the inherent problem of the 82 game season today. If you do well in the season and secure a playoff spot early your team usually suffers a drop in motivation. This can carry over to the playoffs and lead to an early exit. The San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are big examples of this.
Old Apr 3, '10, 4:19 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs1987 View Post
I was at the Flames game.
Whoa no way! Thats awesome... well not so much for you but normally it would have been cool. Yupp I know capitals games are really expensive we might have gone to one once but it was expensive. I'm sorry as I said I watched part of the game and they Capitals played terrible. I don't understand why leagues have to go either to the extreme of only sixteen games like in football or eighty two (or like a hundre and one) as in hockey and baseball. But the nhl is still good.
Old Apr 13, '10, 1:34 pm

Red Wings go 2 the playoffs yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!! that season was quite a nail-biter though!
Old Apr 19, '10, 6:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bMAC93 View Post
Red Wings go 2 the playoffs yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!! that season was quite a nail-biter though!
whats going on with Detroit?!!!!!!!! i mean yes the yotes r a very good team and all...........but these r the Red Wings the finals are a tradition 4 them and i feel like they're givein em up!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 21, '10, 12:31 pm
Prayer Warrior

Phoenix vs. red wings... wow, probably nobody ever thought they would live to see the day. Annual champions red wings vs the team who was going to get sold to a different city cuz they played so bad. But the coyotes are playing good, a lot better than last year, but the Red wings should still be able to upset them.
Old Apr 29, '10, 3:31 pm

Quote:
Phoenix vs. red wings... wow, probably nobody ever thought they would live to see the day. Annual champions red wings vs the team who was going to get sold to a different city cuz they played so bad. But the coyotes are playing good, a lot better than last year, but the Red wings should still be able to upset them.
game 7 was the most amazing performance i have seen all year. THAT was a Stanley Cup team. wash. got beat out id put money on pitt and Detroit 4 the final!!!!!!!!
Old May 3, '10, 5:19 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
id put money on pitt and Detroit 4 the final!!!!!!!!
But that would be boring! Repeat final matchupt three years in a row? But you're probably right, with the capitals out by an up and coming canadiens team, the two best teams remaining, and the ones with most experience, are the Penguins and detroit. I'm rooting for the Canadiens, though, even if they are toronto's rival. I like their quick play and canadiens' fans deserve somethng better than what they've gotten for the past years.
Old May 5, '10, 3:36 pm

Quote:
But that would be boring! Repeat final matchupt three years in a row? But you're probably right, with the capitals out by an up and coming canadiens team, the two best teams remaining, and the ones with most experience, are the Penguins and detroit. I'm rooting for the Canadiens, though, even if they are toronto's rival. I like their quick play and canadiens' fans deserve somethng better than what they've gotten for the past years.
it really is not looking 2 good 4 Detroit now. down in the series 3 zip..........not wat i had in mind!!!!!!!! personally i think their season is over.
Old May 7, '10, 8:40 am

Quote:
it really is not looking 2 good 4 Detroit now. down in the series 3 zip..........not wat i had in mind!!!!!!!! personally i think their season is over.
not 2 excited about last nites win......if the wings win sat. that might give me a ray of hope but...........as it stands it only takes one bad nite 2 send 'em home.
Old Mar 17, '12, 5:59 pm

Hello fellow hockey lovers!! I'm kinda sad that the season is almost over. Seems like the off season lasts forever!! My favorite team is the Carolina Hurricanes. I know I know, we are sucking the light out of the arena the last few seasons but I still hold out hope til the play offs get here. My next fav is the Lightning. I love me some St Louis!! We've been following hockey for about 10 years now. can't believe its been so long. And we've had to learn most of the rules by watching the game and figuring it out.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Catholic Sports Fans