Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 23, '12, 7:20 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Show about Gay Animals

I'm not sure bonobos are expressing human love by rubbing their genitalia together.
Old Mar 23, '12, 8:10 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeaus View Post
Trying to compare cannibalism and murder to love between two animals of the same sex is appalling [And yes, humans ARE animals, regardless of how much you try to separate our species from others, we do belong to Kingdom Mammalia]; Are you trying to make a sick joke? If so, good one.

If not, seriously?
The point is that the behavior of other animals should not be used to justify human behavior. If someone (in this case, homosexual activists as well as some anti-marriage/monogamy types) is going to point to one behavior in the lower animal kingdom to justify their position, it would be hypocritical of them to oppose humans doing anything other animals do, I.e. infanticide, pleasure killing, incest, throwing feces at one another, etc. It's not that all animal behavior is equivalent or necessarily wrong, but, rather, it is a demonstrably poor barometer of morality.

"While truth is unchanging, it changes those who encounter it." - Fr. Cedric Pisegna
Old Mar 23, '12, 10:59 am
Suspended

Religion: Orthodox in Communion w/ Rome (Copt)

Quote:
Trying to compare cannibalism and murder to love between two animals of the same sex is appalling [And yes, humans ARE animals, regardless of how much you try to separate our species from others, we do belong to Kingdom Mammalia]; Are you trying to make a sick joke? If so, good one.

If not, seriously?
To term the copulation of animals as "love" is appalling. Sex is far from being equivalent to love.
Old Mar 23, '12, 12:34 pm
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic Christian

Quote:
Perhaps the correlation is that we are simply just a very advanced species of primate.
Although I agree with you that it's difficult to imagine love between animals - as their brains are not nearly as developed - you cannot deny the base attraction there. Why else would they do it? You cannot excuse this a complex way to establish a power order in a colony. There are gay animals that pair off for life.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/1667...hick-in-china/

But y'know, I guess I'm not really in a position to speak my mind as religious doctrine always takes precedence over *proven* evolution and observational biology.

Cheers.
Attraction? I truly don't believe animals 'pair up' for any other reason then instinct. There isn't much thought involved...

But I'm no expert... just sayin' that they mate to create offspring. They 'pair up' for survival. There isn't really any higher reasoning involved.

We aren't the same. We may be 'animals'... but we have the ability to reason and to act outside of instinct.
Old Mar 23, '12, 3:22 pm

Religion: Agnostic/Confused/Lapsed/Heretic/Apostate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layman F View Post
Elton John's former lover was one of two biological twins. The other was heterosexual. The biology of sexuality is related to stimuli and is influenced. The "warrior gene" is extremely common in serial killers, but can also be found in the general populace. The difference? Input. We're wired. Short circuits (experiences) can occur.
There's more to biology than genes - environmental effects can alter gene expression
Old Mar 24, '12, 3:29 am

I have a friend who accepted a homosexual act because he's not too particular and he basically wants pleasure wherever he can get it. Some animals just want pleasure.

The unelected secular media does not believe in God, so they believe that the individual should be as promiscuous as possible since they believe there are no consequences. Hence, the promotion of these ideas. The promotion of the early sexualization of kids is designed so that the kids get bored early in life, then start experimenting.
Old Mar 24, '12, 8:29 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love God Too View Post
Your kidding right?
I think you misunderstood him.

"While truth is unchanging, it changes those who encounter it." - Fr. Cedric Pisegna
Old Mar 24, '12, 10:56 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic. Gender: Female

I find it odd that anybody would look to animals for evidence that a behavior, in this case homosexual behavior, is healthy and normal? I once read on here that some male animals species kill young that is not their own; does that make it morally right for human to kill children or other people that are not their own? Some animals eat their own children, does that mean humans should? Some animals kill each other fighting for females, should humans? Male lions will kill off the cubs to force a mother lion into a state of fertility after male lions have taken over the Pride by killing or chasing after the former alpha male? Is that a behavior humans should copy?

Dr. Antonio Pardo, Professor of Bioethics at the University of Navarre, Spain, has written:

Quote:
'Properly speaking, homosexuality does not exist among animals.... For reasons of survival, the reproductive instinct among animals is always directed towards an individual of the opposite sex. Therefore, an animal can never be homosexual as such. Nevertheless, the interaction of other instincts (particularly dominance) can result in behavior that appears to be homosexual. Such behavior cannot be equated with an animal homosexuality. All it means is that animal sexual behavior encompasses aspects beyond that of reproduction.'

Last edited by _Abyssinia; Mar 24, '12 at 11:11 am.
Old Mar 24, '12, 10:59 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic. Gender: Female

Quote:
I wonder why God would permit his created creatures to "rub each other inappropriately if it was not natural Hmmmmm......
Sometimes cows mount other cows, which is sign that cow is coming into estrus. It does not follow that the cow is showing lesbianism.
Old Mar 24, '12, 11:42 am

Quote:
Your kidding right?
Huh? You think they are expressing human love by rubbing their genitalia? Or, are you like most Americans unable to understand British/Canadian understatement?

FYI : when a Brit says "I'm not sure...." He means "I'm totally certain?"
Old Mar 24, '12, 3:37 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Post Re: Show about Gay Animals

We can never use animals as our ethical models! The argument that animals engaging in homosexual activity somehow makes it right for humans, is probably the most pitiful pro-gay argument I have ever hear.

Black Widows kill their mates. Because of this, the church should allow us to murder our spouses. makes sense, right?

FRANCISCVS PP

Pray for the reversal of the secularization of America, and the conversion of It's leaders and it's president!

Mount St. Mary's University Class of 2017
Old Mar 24, '12, 8:07 pm

Religion: Follower of Christ

There have been cases of male animals not mating with the females even when the females were ready for mating, but rather they ignored them and went on having gay relations with the other males.
Old Mar 24, '12, 9:43 pm

and.........
Old Mar 25, '12, 12:01 am

If we take morals from animals then we will become as such.
Old Mar 25, '12, 8:50 am

Religion: Follower of Christ

It doesn't have to do with morality, it has to do with how it can be biological. Same with humans. There are brain differences in gay and lesbian women.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)