Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 8, '08, 9:56 am
Observing Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Older Vocations Women

Peace and Greetings to You in Our Lord Jesus Christ!

I am Sr. Kathleen Marie and I just joined this forum and left a message for new members. However, I want to start a discussion in regards to Vocations to the Religious Life for women who are older. I am the Co-Foundress of a new "Project" (the Church's term) of a new community of women who hope to one day be cannonical approved as consecrated Religious Sisters in the Archdiocese of Chicago. We are; [b]The Sisters of The Real Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ. We will accept older women and women that have some special health needs as long as they can care for themselves. We will be monastic/active which means we will pray the entire Divine Office everyday, Eucharistic Adoration and live in community. Our Apostolate will be missionary in that we will go out to evangelize by teaching the truths of our Catholic Faith (at schools, conferences, etc.). We will do this by using the Arts (Sacred Arts) such as Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Performane, Acting, Music, etc. It will be serious and fun! We will wear traditional long black habits and veils. We have been and will continue to work with the Archdiocese of Chicago in all that we do. Call 1-773-984-8725, email: [email protected] or mail: P.O. Box 587 Summit, IL 60501.
-- We think that their is a great need to Proclaim and Defend the truths of our Catholic faith (our fourth vow). Do you? Let's talk.
Old Feb 8, '08, 11:11 am

Default Re: Older Vocations Women

The top thread right now at the Phatmass Vocation Station is older vocations.

http://www.phatmass.com/

Scroll down and click "vocation station."

Pleased to hear about your emerging charism. I run the Founders' Forum yahoo group, which is private, and by invitation only. If you'd like, I can send you an invitation.

Here is the address of my website, and that of our emerging community:

http://cloisters.tripod.com/

http://cloisters.tripod.com/cloisterites/

Blessings,
Cloisters
Old Mar 25, '12, 12:30 pm
Observing Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

Dear Cloisters,
I too have started an emerging community in rural NH. We accept women who are 62+. Also younger women if they qualify. I have been working with the Diocese of Manchester, NH for the past 2 and 1/2 years. Our website is www.companionsofclare.org I wouild like to be part of your forum.
Sr. Courtney Haase
Old Mar 25, '12, 5:18 pm

As a note, the RP sisters are no longer in existence.

Blessings,
Cloisters
Old Mar 25, '12, 5:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coc View Post
Dear Cloisters,
I too have started an emerging community in rural NH. We accept women who are 62+. Also younger women if they qualify. I have been working with the Diocese of Manchester, NH for the past 2 and 1/2 years. Our website is www.companionsofclare.org I wouild like to be part of your forum.
Sr. Courtney Haase
Our Fullerton Society is where the founders and their supporters are congregating.

Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fullerton_society/

The group is named for Lady Georgiana Fullerton, a laywoman who assisted with the foundation of the Poor Servants of the Mother of God and the Society of Helpers of the Poor Souls.

Blessings,
Cloisters
Old Mar 26, '12, 7:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloisters View Post
As a note, the RP sisters are no longer in existence.

Blessings,
Cloisters
If that's the case, then the OP should state that. It's over four years old....

Wonder why it's not in existence any more; is it because they were not stable numbers-wise?
Or were there other factors?

Just askin'....
Old Mar 26, '12, 2:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb finnegan View Post
If that's the case, then the OP should state that. It's over four years old....

Wonder why it's not in existence any more; is it because they were not stable numbers-wise?
Or were there other factors?

Just askin'....
I'm not at liberty to say. I did work with the co-foundress, and she explained the situation. I would have done the same.

Perhaps our proposed Genesian sisterhood can take up something of what they had planned to do. Http://cloisters.tripod.com/genesians/

Blessings,
Cloisters
Old Aug 21, '12, 11:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP Sisters View Post
Peace and Greetings to You in Our Lord Jesus Christ!

I am Sr. Kathleen Marie and I just joined this forum and left a message for new members. However, I want to start a discussion in regards to Vocations to the Religious Life for women who are older. I am the Co-Foundress of a new "Project" (the Church's term) of a new community of women who hope to one day be cannonical approved as consecrated Religious Sisters in the Archdiocese of Chicago. We are; [b]The Sisters of The Real Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ. We will accept older women and women that have some special health needs as long as they can care for themselves. We will be monastic/active which means we will pray the entire Divine Office everyday, Eucharistic Adoration and live in community. Our Apostolate will be missionary in that we will go out to evangelize by teaching the truths of our Catholic Faith (at schools, conferences, etc.). We will do this by using the Arts (Sacred Arts) such as Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Performane, Acting, Music, etc. It will be serious and fun! We will wear traditional long black habits and veils. We have been and will continue to work with the Archdiocese of Chicago in all that we do. Call 1-773-984-8725, email: [email protected] or mail: P.O. Box 587 Summit, IL 60501.
-- We think that their is a great need to Proclaim and Defend the truths of our Catholic faith (our fourth vow). Do you? Let's talk.
Its great that the Lord has inspired these brave women to found convents for late vocations.

This is my find, as I am looking for myself and this is what I have found, all are taking very late vocations as well as young vocations but some were founded only for late vocations so you will have to look at them on there website. Great Founderess's.

I. Eudist Servants of the eleventh Hour. based in San Diego. CA.
2. Daughters of Divine Hope. based in Tyler . Texas
3. All Saints Sisters of the Poor. Baltimore. Maryland.

All these 3 Orders wear a Habit full length and 2 out of 3 have no hair showing. Great. I wish you well looking at these Orders and the Lord will inspire you to take it further.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations