Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Large Families - St Richard's Corner

Large Families - St Richard's Corner Click here to visit this social group

Old Jun 1, '09, 2:10 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Introduce Yourself :)

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where you can introduce yourself.

I am a stay at home mom of 4 (the youngest is still in utero, so I really only have 3 to run after). My kids are 4, 2.75 and 15.5 months old.
Old Jun 2, '09, 6:36 am
Book Club Member

Default Re: Introduce Yourself :)

I'm a pseudo stay at home mom. Hubby and I own a restaurant and I go in three days a week to set up tables. Anyway, we have three children with one on the way due in July. Their ages are 7, 6, and 14 months. Many days I ask myself why I'm having another child, but I'm always brought back to the same answer. Children are blessings and I couldn't imagine my life without my kids.
Old Jun 2, '09, 7:26 am

My dh and I have six children. 4 girls, ages 19,18,16, &7 yrs. The boys are 14 & 11 yrs. We always wanted to have a large family, but it didn't happen right away. We tried unsucessfully to conceive for the first 8 years of our marriage, but nothing. After 2 miscarriages, we had a healthy baby girl, and although we were exceedingly happy with one child, we had resigned ourselves to the possibility that we may not have another. Well, little did we know what God had in store for us! The rest of our children came in rapid succession, and we have the big family we had always prayed for. All in God's perfect timing!

I also babysit 6 other children so I can be home with our family and supplement our income. I've been doing this since our oldest was born, and it has been a real blessing for us, but it feels like we have 12 children! Needless to say, our house is chaotic sometimes.

Nice to meet all of you!

"Perform faithfully what God requires of you each moment, and leave the thought of everything else to Him. I assure you that to live in this way will bring you great peace." ~St. Jane Frances de Chantal
Old Jun 3, '09, 10:59 am
Observing Member

Hi All,

My name is Jennifer. I'm 31 (32 June 11th) and have been married for 7yrs 7mths. My husband, Jason, is 32 (33 June 10th). We have 7 children, ?, ?, girl, boy, girl, boy, ?. Two in heaven, oldest here with us is 5yrs 7mths, 3 yrs 8mths, 2yrs 2mths, 5 mths and one on the way.

I am a convert from SDA. (came into the church March 2008, praise be to God) My husband is a cradle Catholic, unconfirmed.

We are going to homeschool this next year 2009/10.

We are also a military family.

That pretty much sums it up!

Hope to hear a lot of good stories and ideas on how to live with a "large" family.

Thanks for the support!
Old Jun 10, '09, 2:41 pm

Send a message via Yahoo to djblasdell

Hello Everyone!

I am Donna. Married to Richard for 22 years. We are the parents of 9 living children and one saint waiting for us in heaven. I am a SAHM mom. DH is a career firefighter.

We have a 17 DD who just graduated from High school and is waiting to start college in August. We have a 15 year DD who will be in 10 th Grade. Next comes a 10 year old DS and then our 1st set of triplets are 9, 2 girls and a boy. Then we had our little one that was born at 25 weeks, but was not able to survive due to all his issues. After that we have another set of triplets that are 2. They are all girls.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

Married to a career firefighter for 22 years
Mom to 10 wonderful blessing, 9 here on earth and one waiting for us in heaven.
DD 17, DD 15, DS 10, DD 9, DD 9,DS 9, DD 2, DD 2, and DD 2
DS 1/22/05 - 7/5/05
Old Jun 30, '09, 11:12 pm
Book Club Member

Hello! My DH and I have been married 17 years, and have 9 living children and 2 in heaven. Our first were twin boys (BE and JM) who are now 16. They were born at 29 weeks gestation, and remained in the hospital for 6 weeks with the usual problems of prematurity. The next, another boy (MB), is 13. Then came a girl (ME) who is 11. Another boy (DJ) followed who is 9. He was born at 36 weeks gestation, and remained in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. At home, he needed oxygen support for a short time. The next child, another boy (KJ) is 6. He was diagnosed with Prader Willi Syndrome shortly after birth, and spent 7 weeks in the hospital. He has physical and mental delays, and receives special services. Another boy (DA) followed who is now 5. Then another boy (JT) came along who is 1. The last child, at last a second girl (GM), is 5 mos. She was born at 30 weeks gestation, and stayed in the hospital for 13 weeks. In addition to the usual problems of prematurity, she also had 2 surgeries to repair a hole in her heart. She is at home now with oxygen and feeding support. In addition to this, my DH and I have health problems.

Nothing is easy, but I try to laugh about it. However, I am overwhelmed, and want to meet someone else who struggles daily to meet the needs of their large family.
Old Mar 22, '10, 3:15 pm

Religion: CAtholic

My name is Shari and dh Doug and I have 10 dc altogether. The oldest 2 ds are my dh's from a previous marriage, the oldest dd is mine from a prev. relationship and we have 7 together, 5 girls and 2 boys. Plus 2 saints we have yet to meet. Ages are 28, 25, 20, 17, 13, 10, 6, 3, 2 and 7 months. I am a sah hsing mom. My oldest dd was the first to graduate from our hs and the 17 yo will graduate next year. I am a convert (Easter vigil 2002). Nice to "meet" everyone and look forward to learning much from you guys!
Old Aug 25, '10, 12:50 pm

Cool! Nice to meet you!
Old May 11, '11, 2:00 pm

Religion: Fairly New Catholic

Well I guess this group has not had a lot of activity in quite a while, but I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself anyway just in case anyone is still hanging around.

I'm the mom of 4 kids: 3 beautiful little girls and 1 baby boy. I have also had 3 early miscarriages which was my worst fear of all, but God has granted me an amazing sense of peace in following His design for my life, and even at times used the bad times as a means of reaching out to others.

I've been a Catholic for only about 3 years now, but it was my pro-life position that lead me to be Catholic not the other way around.

I definitely lean towards being providentialist. I have come from a place where I have HAD to lean on God for my very survival, and He has come through for me in amazing ways. I'm grateful now that things are not quite so difficult, but I also know how to get by with less than most people think possible, so material stuff doesn't bug me much.

My husband and I have prayed and thought and talked about it for a very long time, and we both feel that God is calling us to have a very large family - hopefully in the future including adoption. We don't have that love, patience, fortitude and endless amounts of money that most people think is necessary for this to happen (yet) but God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. And we both have a good laugh at remembering when we were first married and knowing that if we had planned our lives ourselves based on what we thought was right and what we thought we could afford, we would never have any kids at all! But we LOVE being parents!!

Oh lol, also, I am a homeschooling SAHM and DH works in opthalmics.
Old May 16, '11, 8:01 am

Awesome, welcome Christian4Life!!!
Great story!!! God has also come through for us so many times, it would be hard to justify not trusting Him.

Yeah, our group doesn't have that much activity, but it is always nice to have a new person join!
Old Apr 1, '12, 6:58 am
Trial Membership

Unhappy Re: Introduce Yourself :)

Mother of seven with three grandbabies.They are ages 22,19,18,18,17,14,13,2,1,5 months.Need advice on finding finacial help we are in jepordy of losing our electricity but I keep my faith in our lord.Many blessings Robin

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Large Families - St Richard's Corner