Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 8, '12, 10:42 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Do Jesus and God the Father always love us?

It's Easter Sunday, and I feel despaired. I have been struggling with a particular sin for over a year now, and hardly a week has gone by where I haven't gone to confession. Because there were no confessions heard at the Easter vigil where I went to mass (which was ridiculous, seeing as there were about 10 priests and they have confession before/during all other masses), I was not able to receive Holy Communion.

I now feel as if my Easter is not really Easter. It feels empty and like Lent is not really even over for me. More than that, though, I feel despaired because I do not think that God loves me. Does God still love us even if we are not in a state of grace? Does Jesus always love us? If I knew that God still loved me, I would feel a lot better about things, but I feel like since I sinned and separated myself from Him, His love has been put on hold.

Please reply and help me to sort things out. I would really appreciate it.
Old Apr 8, '12, 11:01 am

Religion: Liberal (Cafeteria/Candle) Catholic
Default Re: Do Jesus and God the Father always love us?

God/Jesus' love is agape: unconditional, all-forgiving love. You are ALWAYS loved by God
Misericordia et Veritas obviauerunt sibi
Justicia et Pax osculate sunt.

[Et hic osculabunt pariter omnes

The N-Town Plays: Play 11, Parliament of Heaven
Old Apr 8, '12, 11:33 am
Banned

God ALWAYS loves us, whether we are in a state of grace or not. When I stumble, I just try to get back to the sacraments ASAP. Often, when at my lowest ebb when fallen, I seem particularly aware of Gods' infinite love for me. Hope this puts your mind at peace.

God bless
Old Apr 8, '12, 11:44 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic Revert

1John 4:7-8
7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.
Since, as John tells us here, God IS Love, how could God NOT love you.

Be of good cheer.

Peace
James

The Best book on Spirituality that I ever Read: "The Fulfillment of All Desire"

Oh my God , I will continue
to perform, all my actions
for the love of Thee
Amen.
Old Apr 8, '12, 12:10 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to TeenageConvert

Of course God loves you.
He always has, he always does, and always will.
don't let your shame overshadow the joy of Easter-Christ is RISEN.
you have been Baptized into his death, and so shall you rise with him.
make an act of contrition, rejoice in the Lord, go to confession as soon as possible and amend your life.
I'll be praying for you!

"There are two kinds of men, the rightious who sees himself as a sinner, and the sinner, who sees himself as rightious"

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

"And may the odds, be ever in your favor!"
Old Apr 8, '12, 12:11 pm
Banned
Forum Supporter

Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to AlanFromWichita

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball10 View Post
It's Easter Sunday, and I feel despaired. I have been struggling with a particular sin for over a year now, and hardly a week has gone by where I haven't gone to confession. Because there were no confessions heard at the Easter vigil where I went to mass (which was ridiculous, seeing as there were about 10 priests and they have confession before/during all other masses), I was not able to receive Holy Communion.

I now feel as if my Easter is not really Easter. It feels empty and like Lent is not really even over for me. More than that, though, I feel despaired because I do not think that God loves me. Does God still love us even if we are not in a state of grace? Does Jesus always love us? If I knew that God still loved me, I would feel a lot better about things, but I feel like since I sinned and separated myself from Him, His love has been put on hold.

Please reply and help me to sort things out. I would really appreciate it.
It is fact that God loves you, but if you don't feel like it, one might be tempted to wonder, "so what good is it if I don't know it?" That is a perfectly valid question. The answer is very simple, but you must find the answer yourself. We all (the rest of your world outside what you call "you") can help try to guide you and give you suggestions, but it's like a joke that you must "get" yourself. Or a sneeze -- I can't do it for you but I can pray "God Bless You" when it gets here.

So it is with God. The world trains you to use worldly measures for comfort. Comfy chair, happy family, nice car and boat, plenty of time in the library smoking a pipe, etc. That's how the world gives peace. It is based on "good conditions" which of course means it's conditional. It is only temporary because when the chair wears out or catches fire, the family moves away and/or dies, the boat is recalled by the bank, etc. then you will no longer have the conditions to "happy."

Jesus shows us to be happy without conditions. Whether you like the way things are at any given moment or not, being fearful or unhappy or angry, etc, or otherwise harboring discord within yourself somehow are NOT helpful. So in other words, it may rain on my parade, and I can rejoice or I can curse. I can have free will to pray for no rain, and I can have free will to be happy about it when it comes. I don't have free will to directly control when it comes, because that's what our ego (not our spirits) want us to do.

Alan
Old Apr 8, '12, 12:22 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to TeenageConvert

Of course God loves you.
He always has, he always does, and always will.
don't let your shame overshadow the joy of Easter-Christ is RISEN.
you have been Baptized into his death, and so shall you rise with him.
make an act of contrition, rejoice in the Lord, go to confession as soon as possible and amend your life.
I'll be praying for you!

"There are two kinds of men, the rightious who sees himself as a sinner, and the sinner, who sees himself as rightious"

Bless the Lord, O my soul!

"And may the odds, be ever in your favor!"
Old Apr 8, '12, 12:28 pm

Yes of course. I'll admit I'm a very sinful person and have done many bad things in the past. Remember Christ was human in everyway except sin. He was tempted, he knows our weakness, we just have to accept his mercy and rise again and keep trying. You are very dear to God, He knows you better than you know yourself and wants you to trust in his mercy. HE LOVES YOU and if you had every sin on your soul even that couldn't change his love for you. Accept his mercy, rise in newness of life with Christ. Remember "All things pass, God Alone remains the same, Patience obtains all, whoever has God lacks nothing, God Alone suffices" May the peace of Christ be with you and don't forget to have recourse to Mary, comforter of the afflicted.
Old Apr 8, '12, 1:21 pm

Religion: catholic

You have shown great love and devotion to Jesus by refusing to go to Holy Communion when you considered yourself in an unfit state .

Take heart . Jesus will have been with you in his own mysterious way , loving you .

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality