Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Catholic Singles of the USA

Catholic Singles of the USA Click here to visit this social group

Old Apr 3, '12, 8:40 pm
Observing Member

Religion: catholic
Default uncertain waters

hello all i have somehat precarious dilema . I am new to the Catholic faith ( former baptist) and absolutely love it i have been attending several months and am going to begin RCIA classes. Now for the problem i have grown to have an interest in a young lady at my parish ,and she is very shall i say conservative? i dont know how to approach the situation at all . She is a devout life long Catholic and a wonderful person. However as i said she is conservative as far as she gives no signs or anything. We are about as friendly to eachother as she is with anyone but i just do not know how to proceed and if me not yet being confirmed has anyhting to do with it ? I attend mass regularly as does she and i had not any interest in pursuing a relationship with anyone other than Christ until i became attracted to her. Is there anyone who has an idea of what i am talking about or thoughts on the matter? Somehow i think the faith question has me all a mess in the sense that i have never really encountered a woman that i got along with that had strong Christian values , and in short i dont know how Catholicism plays into relationships and in truth people in general. As i have stated this is all very new to me would appreciate input thank you
Old Apr 14, '12, 10:43 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: uncertain waters

Welcome to our faith! Bring the best of your already existing love of Jesus with you! And good luck with the girl.

If it is meant to be and you do your part the relationship may grow, whether it be marriage, a learning experience, a friendship or even - an unrequited love that helps you grow.

This may not help at all - but I will tell you the first silly thing that came to my mind.

"Wimmings ... is a myskery!" - Popeye the Sailor

Enjoy the mystery. Be led by God each step of the way.

And again "welcome!"

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Catholic Singles of the USA