Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > The Clubhouse

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 27, '12, 1:17 pm

Default First lady shares 'fantasy' of just walking 'out the front door'

Wasn't sure whether to post this in "Back Fence" or "The Clubhouse" (since I didn't think it was newsworthy enough for "World News").

From this link:

Quote:
"We can't sneak out often on our own with security and motorcades and people with us," Obama said when asked about what she would change about her role as first lady. "But you know one fantasy I have and the Secret Service keeps looking at me because they think I might actually do it is to walk right out the front door and just keep walkin'.
I can't say it would upset me greatly if she were to do exactly that... particularly if her husband were to accompany her on said walk
Old Apr 27, '12, 2:33 pm

Default Re: First lady shares 'fantasy' of just walking 'out the front door'

If everyone votes with their conscience this fall we'll open the door for the both of them
Old Apr 27, '12, 2:35 pm
Banned

Religion: Christian

Right , first time in her adult life she could say she was proud to be an American (after her husband was elected) and this is the second time I heard her complain about living in the White House. Yes lets open the door for her.
Old Apr 27, '12, 2:42 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic (Oblate of St Benedict-MotRC)

I think we should all vote accordingly. Wouldn't want to disappoint the First Lady.

aka We aim to please

<--click
Totus Tuus
Cacciatore/Fungaiolo
Old Apr 27, '12, 2:53 pm

Religion: Evangelical Catholic

She's got such a bizarre mindest. I don't think the sentiment of having some privacy and not being hindered is unusual, but just the way she says it.

I do realize the phrasing is meant to convey an "I'm just like the rest of you" image while she's quite the elitist. The Obama's are Ivy League-educated lawyers whose consciences are strongly informed by liberal political philosophy, and for the past four years have been major power brokers. They're scarcely like the rest of us. This is reflected in their vacations, their tastes in food, clothing and entertainment. The comparisons with Marie Antoinette and Versailles are out of line only by a measure of degree, not of type. I think they have no qualms with taking multiple international vacations every year because they would do it anyway - it makes the news though because the cost is borne by the taxpayers.

They live lavishly and in some ways naively - go ahead and walk Michelle, you can't go ten blocks without being surrounded by the wealthy and powerful, in neighborhoods that scarcely resemble where the rest of us live.
Old Apr 27, '12, 3:13 pm

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losh14 View Post
She's got such a bizarre mindest. I don't think the sentiment of having some privacy and not being hindered is unusual, but just the way she says it.

I do realize the phrasing is meant to convey an "I'm just like the rest of you" image while she's quite the elitist. The Obama's are Ivy League-educated lawyers whose consciences are strongly informed by liberal political philosophy, and for the past four years have been major power brokers. They're scarcely like the rest of us. This is reflected in their vacations, their tastes in food, clothing and entertainment. The comparisons with Marie Antoinette and Versailles are out of line only by a measure of degree, not of type. I think they have no qualms with taking multiple international vacations every year because they would do it anyway - it makes the news though because the cost is borne by the taxpayers.

They live lavishly and in some ways naively - go ahead and walk Michelle, you can't go ten blocks without being surrounded by the wealthy and powerful, in neighborhoods that scarcely resemble where the rest of us live.
Think of how out of touch they are and then realize how much more out of touch the Romney's must be! They are way better off. LOL.
Old Apr 27, '12, 3:33 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Jewish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Wasn't sure whether to post this in "Back Fence" or "The Clubhouse" (since I didn't think it was newsworthy enough for "World News").

From this link:

I can't say it would upset me greatly if she were to do exactly that... particularly if her husband were to accompany her on said walk
As the great biblical scholar, Truman Capote, said in his "Unanswered Prayers," be careful what you wish for.
Old Apr 27, '12, 3:58 pm

Religion: Catholic

Please note:

I need to close this thread.

The discussion of politics is only allowed in the In the News subforums. And subject to the rules posted there.

Please restrict your political comments to those forums.

Please follow the rules there for discussions in those forums.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Lucy Spencer
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > The Clubhouse