Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 30, '12, 7:59 am
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic
Question Church Teachings

Peace My question Brother Peter Dimond O.S.B. at Most Holy Family Monastery
Fillmore, NY in information received by mail is proclaiming "Outside the Catholic Church
There is No Salvation" and that our Pope is the "Anti-Christ". This is very disturbing to me. How does the Church feel about Brother Dimond's teachings? Thank you for your answer. God Bless
Old Apr 30, '12, 8:42 am
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Church Teachings

According to Wikipedia, the group has been condemned by the diocese of Lincoln, Nebraska. (That should answer your question about what the Church thinks of their teachings.
They're just one more breakaway sedevantist group --- OR:

http://www.traditio.com/tradlib/holyfam.pdf
Appears it may be a money scam. According to the above document, Dimond is not a member of the OSB and neither is the Most Holy Family Monastery a Benedictine monastery.

Last edited by Nita; Apr 30, '12 at 9:01 am.
Old Apr 30, '12, 9:21 am

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nita View Post
According to Wikipedia, the group has been condemned by the diocese of Lincoln, Nebraska. (That should answer your question about what the Church thinks of their teachings.
They're just one more breakaway sedevantist group --- OR:

http://www.traditio.com/tradlib/holyfam.pdf
Appears it may be a money scam. According to the above document, Dimond is not a member of the OSB and neither is the Most Holy Family Monastery a Benedictine monastery.
I read some of the legal stuff on your link. It's very disturbing.

From that court document I'd say stay well away from "Brother" Dimond (real name Fred Dimond) and his so called monastery.

Bottom line: if someone on youtube is calling the Pope an Anti Christ what do you think you should believe? Some videos that have been on youtube for a few years, or the Church, which has been around for about 2000 years.
Old Apr 30, '12, 11:19 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawamouse View Post
Fillmore, NY in information received by mail is proclaiming "Outside the Catholic Church
There is No Salvation" and that our Pope is the "Anti-Christ". This is very disturbing to me. How does the Church feel about Brother Dimond's teachings? Thank you for your answer. God Bless
I find Br Dimond's material quite interesting.

I occasionally have to deal with sedevacantists and the like, and because I follow his work I already know ahead of time what a sedevacantist or sedevacantist-sympathizer is going to say, so that I'm not caught off-guard by some outlandish remark.

I like his presentation style because unlike others of his ilk, he gets right to the point and does not rant or ramble.

His anti-Protestant material, his material on the crusades, the inquisition, geocentrism etc., are all just as interesting.

Plus when the subject of Michael Voris comes up ... I can spice up the discussion by parroting some of Dimond's points of view and turn a boring discussion into an exciting one LOL
Old Apr 30, '12, 1:05 pm

Religion: Cradle Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawamouse View Post
http://forums.catholic.com/showpost....6&postcount=16
Old Apr 30, '12, 1:40 pm
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Orthodox w/ Reformed tendencies. Fides quaerens intellectum.
Send a message via Skype™ to Khalid

That "monastery" (I believe there actually is a schismatic monastery by that name, but it is not the Benedictine one, and Mr Fred is not a Benedictine), is a group of sedevacantist schismatics who are Protestant in all but name. The materials are full of lies and half-truths and invective, just as that original schismatic who was "forced" to break away from the Church four hundred and ninety-five years [and half-baked "theses"] ago due to being held in "Babylonian Captivity", who also denounced the Pope as anti-Christ (although no one before or since has matched the coarse and vile nature of his supremely uncouth German, and only slightly better Latin).

For a detailed refutation of the points he attempts to make, I'm sure you can post specific parts of the material on the "apologetics" forum here, where I and many others will be glad to assist you from the perspective of orthodox Catholic teaching, that has carried on for almost 2000 years, and against which, "the gates of Hell shall not prevail".
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - II Timothy 2:15

Above all things Truth beareth away the victory: ... great is Truth, mighty above all things. - III Esdras 3:12,4:41

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics