Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 1, '12, 12:24 am

Religion: +One+Holy+Catholic+Apostolic+Christian+
Talking Thank you in advance for the prayers my brothers and sisters in Our Lord Jesus Christ

This place always makes me smile. I just can't help it. Thank you so much for allowing us some space for our prayers. I ask for prayer for my Non-Catholic friends who have an apostolate/ministry that involves a food bank locally. They have a building and like to play Christian rock music which I pray can be more and more inspired by the grace of the Holy Spirit as they free themselves from the paranoia and strange ideas of some 'charasmatic-' like churches. They truly are very good people at heart and I mourn so much because they could have so much more than what they have to work with here in the Midwest where I am from. I also pray for vocations to the Holy Priesthood of Our Lord Jesus Christ Whose Priesthood is sometimes known as the Priesthood of Melchizedek. Kinda neat how I just mentioned Priesthood thrice! These wonderful gentlemen give up so much for the sake of all. May the Advocate Who Is the Holy Spirit always be there to console them in their sacred cross and gift of solitude. Celibacy obviously strengthens the grace given to families in a beautifully mysterious way. There are those who, in my own life have wished that I would follow that ineffably miraculous vocation, perhaps because I do actually have the last name of 'Faith.' St. Francis as well, did not wish to follow this vocation because he knew in his mind and heart that it was not the best vocation for him and I too have my reasons. Our current Holy Father Benedict XVI also is somewhat of a shy gentleman and I wonder if we have a saint to pray for us to overcome shyness? lol. I ask that you wonderful brothers and sisters of mine in Our Lord Jesus Christ' Sacred Heart and Our Lady's Immaculate Heart, pray for my friends and families in all of their difficulties be they of spirit or of body. May those relatives of mine continue to pray for us here on earth as I have beheld a signal grace from an uncle who was not actually a Catholic, but a Methodist Christian. As the Loreena McKennitt song 'Dante's Prayer' says: 'Please Remember Me...' Anyone who listens to that song and cannot offer Our Father more of Our Lord's 'treasury of tears' couldn't possibly be human. May God bless you who reads this and pray for my grandmother Theresa's peaceful and forgiving passing from this life. She has a husband waiting for her who was baptized after having a life time of hard-heartedness about Christianity. I attribute this to Eucharistic Adoration, which they still have at the hospital St. Mary's in Decatur, Illinois, where I was born. Likewise was my girlfriend (who is an evangelical that I wish to Our Lord would, with a small group of friends, consider the Truth of the Holy Catholic Faith) born in the same place. I have known her for so many years and still we are not married. It is so hard for either of us to find jobs here. I watch that somewhat awful movie by Bill Maher called 'Religulous.' I bought it, not because of the bad that is in it, but because of what I like about it. The Vatican Observatory, the Catholic giftshop that he visits, the good Jewish people who do not want war, and the Dome of the Rock, which so many people have wicked designs against. So much on my mind and heart, please Eternal Father, listen as I pray the devotions that I pray for Peace in all of our hearts and minds. And may God bless (in an abundance that continues to astonish) the Catholic Answers Apostolate. In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sanctus. +A(so)M(be)E(it!)+
Old May 1, '12, 12:41 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: Thank you in advance for the prayers my brothers and sisters in Our Lord Jesus Christ

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Your beloved divine Son Jesus,
please bless Eric's witness to his non-Catholic friends through the action of Your Holy Spirit.
We give our 'amen to his prayers for them;
for holy and faithful vocations to the Priesthood;
for his grandmother's final journey to You,
and for his own soul in fulfilment of Your will for his life and for others through Your grace.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old May 1, '12, 11:58 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Thank you in advance for the prayers my brothers and sisters in Our Lord Jesus Christ

Lord, please bless and protect Eric's family. And please grant eternal rest to his grandmother.

Hail Mary...

Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions