Re: crossing the goal men's ministry
My home parish has an awesome men's club and several members of it have formed a group called "Men at Prayer" which meets every other Sunday from 9-10am (between 8am & 10:30am Mass). We pray together, we read scripture together, we share our stories, troubles, and successes together. It is truly amazing what has come out of that little group, here is a rundown ow what usually occurs at any given meeting:
1. Come in around 9am and chat with other guys for 5-10 minutes.
2. Leader begins by stating what we'll be discussing today, then plays 5 minutes of music to set the mood.
3. 5 minutes of prayer with music
4. Read Sunday readings
5. Our group has reflection booklets for the Sunday readings, after we read the Sunday readings we read the reflections and discuss everything for 10-15 minutes.
6. Reflections book as a Q&A section for ever Sunday, roundtable discussion of Q&A
7. Group prayer to offer up any intentions
8. Finish with more chatting, etc
"Give realistic hope to the poor to break out of the cycle of poverty and also address the systematic injustices that contribute to poverty." - Fr. Peter Harman