Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 1, '12, 12:45 pm
Banned
Forum Supporter

Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to AlanFromWichita
Default Re: my experience and need verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbird111 View Post
AlanFromWichita that is correct.

Envy, hate, anger, fear etc.......are programmed into us through the school system, television, I had a bully.....I had to go back to forgive that man for bullying me now my soul is free from that.

This world we are under is a strong lie which has programmed into us from a young age. Basically one must go back to those they have wronged a undo everything to be free.

Quote:
Simply put it, when you see someone cursing away F* this S* blah blah blah........you then know they are under the dominion of sin and that is most of us.
Here I don't necessarily assume that. Another possibility is mental illness fighting with spiritual warfare, all part of something like a Dark Night of the Soul. BTW have you ever read the stanzas of the soul? I'll copy them below.

Quote:
It is very very difficult to recondition the mind out of things which would generally tick us off. But once these things are broken then you see that this whole thing is simply a matrix. You see the matrix in operation for what it is.
Yes, you can see how people behave in different apparent reality views from each other, for example.

Alan

And in case you haven't heard them, check out Stanzas of the Soul, from the Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the cross. It describes a soul which dares to stray amid peaceful (i.e. quiet, serene, safe, using the metaphor of darkness and concealment) thoughts of its home, and seek out its True Lover.

1. One dark night,
fired with love's urgent longings
-- ah, the sheer grace! --
I went out unseen,
my house being now all stilled.

2. In darkness, and secure,
by the secret ladder, disguised,
-- ah, the sheer grace! --
in darkness and concealment,
my house being now all stilled.

3. On that glad night,
in secret, for no one saw me,
nor did I look at anything,
with no other light or guide
than the one that burned in my heart.

4. This guided me
more surely than the light of noon
to where he was awaiting me
-- him I knew so well --
there in a place where no one appeared.

5. O guiding night!
O night more lovely than the dawn!
O night that has united
the Lover with his beloved,
transforming the beloved in her Lover.

6. Upon my flowering breast
which I kept wholly for him alone,
there he lay sleeping,
and I caressing him
there in a breeze from the fanning cedars.

7. When the breeze blew from the turret,
as I parted his hair,
it wounded my neck
with its gentle hand,
suspending all my senses.

8. I abandoned and forgot myself,
laying my face on my Beloved;
all things ceased; I went out from myself,
leaving my cares
forgotten among the lilies.
Old May 1, '12, 12:49 pm

Religion: Christian

The beauty of being completely sinless is that the Matrix then works in your favor. You are in a supermarket, on a long line, the cashier in the next lane opens up and tells you to step down.

When we are under sin, nothing works out. This is what I have come to learn. So the devil is going to try everything to make a person sin because sin makes everything go bad. A person does a couple of sins then their car does not start.

Why was Jesus so focused on not sinning? ......Jesus knew that if he sinned, evil spirits would access him and play with his mind. Jesus also knew that everyone and everything around him would not work in his favor if he sinned, plus he had the mission to complete this task in order to give the human race the option to get free from these stupid evil spirits.
Old May 1, '12, 1:05 pm
Banned
Forum Supporter

Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to AlanFromWichita

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbird111 View Post
The beauty of being completely sinless is that the Matrix then works in your favor. You are in a supermarket, on a long line, the cashier in the next lane opens up and tells you to step down.
Also, people tend to stand closer to you than you normally would expect to be their comfort zones. Or they will strike up a chat.

Quote:
When we are under sin, nothing works out. This is what I have come to learn. So the devil is going to try everything to make a person sin because sin makes everything go bad. A person does a couple of sins then their car does not start.
I don't place quite as much emphasis on this type of situation unless it is part of a meaningful coincidence. For example, the rain falls on the sinners and righteous alike.

Quote:
Why was Jesus so focused on not sinning? ......Jesus knew that if he sinned, evil spirits would access him and play with his mind. Jesus also knew that everyone and everything around him would not work in his favor if he sinned, plus he had the mission to complete this task in order to give the human race the option to get free from these stupid evil spirits.
He also said that the man who believes in Him would do greater works than [the miracles He did to show He was God]. That's because Jesus didn't have the technology we have, nor did He have the gospels already preached to all the nations. People don't believe me when I say Jesus said we are to do greater works than His, so I better quote it:

John 14:12
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.

Jesus planted the seed. We're both harvesters and the harvest.

Alan

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality