Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #16  
Old May 1, '12, 11:57 am
Julia Mae's Avatar
Julia Mae Julia Mae is offline
Senior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: July 30, 2011
Posts: 6,221
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblepoe View Post
Given that I have not seen a transcript of the speech or extensive quotes from it, I'm not sure I can judge it. However, if his point was that the Bible inspires intolerance toward gay people that fosters an environment in which they are likely to be bullied, I think he is correct.
Yet, the only point he actually made is that he has boundary and rage issues and can't manage to conduct himself like a responsible professional. He nuked his own message and trashed his own credibility. That seems to be what actually happened, not the spin you supplied.
  #17  
Old May 1, '12, 5:27 pm
FaithBuild18 FaithBuild18 is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 27, 2010
Posts: 500
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal_40s View Post
I would join Farsight in respectfully disagreeing Biblepoe. It's inflammatory and playing into the likes of Savage's hands to suggest that homophobia is a "normal" expectation. One of the thing's that seems to incense the militant anti-Catholic individual is praying for people who endorse the same sex lifestyle. The new testament brought forgiveness and love; Christian love which is willing the good of the other. I therefore pray everyone follow the path and life that our Lord Jesus Christ wanted us to take. Talking about hatred of individuals, even if it is only a commentary, which is what you have provided and therefore probably isn't your opinion, is rejection of Christian love.
As I said the bible rejects adultery and same sex lifestyle as much as it does homophobia, racism and all other forms of hatred.
Please explain to me, in your own words, what exactly is homophobia? Indeed, I know the semantics of the word, but I'm getting awfully sick of hearing people, predominately liberals, use it as a way to insult anyone who does not support homosexual activism. One hundred percent of the time they use the word incorrectly.

I assure you, I do not fear anything about homosexuality. I disapprove of it and find it to be wholly repulsive. I also have the same outlook on things such as pedophilia, broccoli, and some types of cats. I however do not fear any one of those things. I have no fear of pedophiles, broccoli, or cats. In fact, I do eat broccoli from time to time as disgusting as I find it, and I have taken care of my grandma's cats many times when she goes on vacation (as disgusting as I find them), and quite compassionately if I do say so myself. Never once, when encountering any of these things, including gay people, whom I surrounded by on a regular basis at college, have I had even the slightest shred, twitch, or inkling of fear.

Not liking something is not the same as being afraid of it. Disapproving something is not the same as being afraid of it. Finding something gross is not the same as being afraid of it.

I swear, the next time I hear somebody call me a homophobe for not supporting gay marriage, I might lose it.
  #18  
Old May 1, '12, 5:34 pm
Julia Mae's Avatar
Julia Mae Julia Mae is offline
Senior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: July 30, 2011
Posts: 6,221
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBuild18 View Post
I assure you, I do not fear anything about homosexuality. I disapprove of it and find it to be wholly repulsive.
It's the "repulsive" part of your statement that would trigger the homophobe response. I disapprove of thieving, but I wouldn't ever use a word like "repulsive" to describe my personal reaction to it.
  #19  
Old May 1, '12, 5:42 pm
Birdpreacher Birdpreacher is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 13, 2011
Posts: 1,077
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBuild18 View Post

I assure you, I do not fear anything about homosexuality. I disapprove of it and find it to be wholly repulsive. I also have the same outlook on things such as pedophilia, broccoli, and some types of cats.


I swear, the next time I hear somebody call me a homophobe for not supporting gay marriage, I might lose it.
Found it! Comparing pedophile to homosexuality is homophobic. Comparing broccoli to pedophilia is just, well...intriguing.

While i understand that both are clearly sin (homophobia and homosexuality) the two acts are as different as premarital sex and rape. While sin in ofitself is repulsive, surely you will agree that some sin is more repulsive than others. For example telling one's mother to shut up is awful but its not as bad as killing one's mother
  #20  
Old May 1, '12, 6:12 pm
TEPO's Avatar
TEPO TEPO is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 16, 2009
Posts: 5,456
Religion: post-modern tribal Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblepoe View Post
Given that I have not seen a transcript of the speech or extensive quotes from it, I'm not sure I can judge it. However, if his point was that the Bible inspires intolerance toward gay people that fosters an environment in which they are likely to be bullied, I think he is correct.
As Christians, we are not required to inspire tolerance towards homosexuality...

We use the Cardinal rules of prudence, justice, temperance and courage. Tolerance is a term the relativists use -an ideal of its own.
__________________
religion is the highest school of thought. It isnt a security blanket -it is a platform that allows us to reach beyond the restrictiveness of science, politics and philosophy. There is no other framework of logic that can reach farther.
  #21  
Old May 1, '12, 6:21 pm
TEPO's Avatar
TEPO TEPO is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 16, 2009
Posts: 5,456
Religion: post-modern tribal Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBuild18 View Post
Please explain to me, in your own words, what exactly is homophobia? Indeed, I know the semantics of the word, but I'm getting awfully sick of hearing people, predominately liberals, use it as a way to insult anyone who does not support homosexual activism. One hundred percent of the time they use the word incorrectly.

I assure you, I do not fear anything about homosexuality. I disapprove of it and find it to be wholly repulsive. I also have the same outlook on things such as pedophilia, broccoli, and some types of cats. I however do not fear any one of those things. I have no fear of pedophiles, broccoli, or cats. In fact, I do eat broccoli from time to time as disgusting as I find it, and I have taken care of my grandma's cats many times when she goes on vacation (as disgusting as I find them), and quite compassionately if I do say so myself. Never once, when encountering any of these things, including gay people, whom I surrounded by on a regular basis at college, have I had even the slightest shred, twitch, or inkling of fear.

Not liking something is not the same as being afraid of it. Disapproving something is not the same as being afraid of it. Finding something gross is not the same as being afraid of it.

I swear, the next time I hear somebody call me a homophobe for not supporting gay marriage, I might lose it.
Aah,aah aah... Temperance is a virtue.

(just teasing).
__________________
religion is the highest school of thought. It isnt a security blanket -it is a platform that allows us to reach beyond the restrictiveness of science, politics and philosophy. There is no other framework of logic that can reach farther.

Last edited by TEPO; May 1, '12 at 6:34 pm.
  #22  
Old May 1, '12, 6:26 pm
TEPO's Avatar
TEPO TEPO is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 16, 2009
Posts: 5,456
Religion: post-modern tribal Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdpreacher View Post
Found it! Comparing pedophile to homosexuality is homophobic. Comparing broccoli to pedophilia is just, well...intriguing.

While i understand that both are clearly sin (homophobia and homosexuality) the two acts are as different as premarital sex and rape. While sin in ofitself is repulsive, surely you will agree that some sin is more repulsive than others. For example telling one's mother to shut up is awful but its not as bad as killing one's mother
I disagree in part. A pedophile who lives a chaste life is better than a homosexual who acts out with no remorse... Just say'n.
__________________
religion is the highest school of thought. It isnt a security blanket -it is a platform that allows us to reach beyond the restrictiveness of science, politics and philosophy. There is no other framework of logic that can reach farther.
  #23  
Old May 1, '12, 7:07 pm
Julia Mae's Avatar
Julia Mae Julia Mae is offline
Senior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: July 30, 2011
Posts: 6,221
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPO View Post
I disagree in part. A pedophile who lives a chaste life is better than a homosexual who acts out with no remorse... Just say'n.
A pedophile who lives a chaste life is a contradiction in terms. By definition, a pedophile is one who uses, or has used, a child for sexual gratification. Pedophilia is not a sexual orientation, it's a mental disorder with no known treatment modality at this time, as far as I know.

Homosexuality is not.

Only God gets to judge who is "better" or "worse."
  #24  
Old May 1, '12, 7:39 pm
mitex mitex is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: January 26, 2012
Posts: 544
Religion: Protestant Church
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Any bullying is wrong period. "Love thy neighbor." Protecting kids is not agenda.
  #25  
Old May 1, '12, 8:07 pm
TEPO's Avatar
TEPO TEPO is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 16, 2009
Posts: 5,456
Religion: post-modern tribal Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Mae View Post
A pedophile who lives a chaste life is a contradiction in terms. By definition, a pedophile is one who uses, or has used, a child for sexual gratification. Pedophilia is not a sexual orientation, it's a mental disorder with no known treatment modality at this time, as far as I know.

Homosexuality is not.

Only God gets to judge who is "better" or "worse."
Not true, a pedophile is one who has a disorder of sexual preference towards children... A child molester is one who has sexually abused a child, however some child molesters are not true pedophiles. Other motives for the child molester might be "stress, marital problems, or the unavailability of an adult partner."... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophile

In any case, I still stand by my post... A chaste pedophile is less sinful (better) than an active non-remorseful homosexual.
__________________
religion is the highest school of thought. It isnt a security blanket -it is a platform that allows us to reach beyond the restrictiveness of science, politics and philosophy. There is no other framework of logic that can reach farther.
  #26  
Old May 1, '12, 8:09 pm
TEPO's Avatar
TEPO TEPO is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 16, 2009
Posts: 5,456
Religion: post-modern tribal Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitex View Post
Any bullying is wrong period. "Love thy neighbor." Protecting kids is not agenda.
What about bullying a pedophile..?
__________________
religion is the highest school of thought. It isnt a security blanket -it is a platform that allows us to reach beyond the restrictiveness of science, politics and philosophy. There is no other framework of logic that can reach farther.
  #27  
Old May 1, '12, 8:16 pm
mitex mitex is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: January 26, 2012
Posts: 544
Religion: Protestant Church
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPO View Post
What about bullying a pedophile..?
Everyone has inherint human dignity that needs to be respected. The Catechism says "They must be accepted with compassion, respect, and sensitivity." At least for homosexuals.

Bullying anyone is wrong period. Including pedophiles.
  #28  
Old May 1, '12, 8:17 pm
mitex mitex is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: January 26, 2012
Posts: 544
Religion: Protestant Church
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPO View Post
What about bullying a pedophile..?
Matter of fact bullying or harassing pedophiles is against the law. If you use a sex offender database with the intention of harming or harassing a pedophile you get arrested.

You get arrested for harassing anyone in general.
  #29  
Old May 1, '12, 8:20 pm
Julia Mae's Avatar
Julia Mae Julia Mae is offline
Senior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: July 30, 2011
Posts: 6,221
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPO View Post
Not true, a pedophile is one who has a disorder of sexual preference towards children...
No, it really is not. Most pedophiles are heterosexual males. Pedophilia is a diagnosable mental disorder, not a sexual orientation. Homosexuality is not a mental disorder.

Quote:
A child molester is one who has sexually abused a child, however some child molesters are not true pedophiles.
I have no idea why you believe this, but it is, by definition, legal and medical, not correct. All who sexually molest children are pedophiles. One might keep himself under control and show his true nature with stress, that doesn't make him not a pedophile. How long would you have to be "without a partner" before you found a 12 year old or younger enticing? How much stress would there have to be?

Quote:
In any case, I still stand by my post... A chaste pedophile is less sinful (better) than an active non-remorseful homosexual.
And I stand by mine, neither you nor anyone else gets to judge this.
  #30  
Old May 1, '12, 8:29 pm
Scott Waddell's Avatar
Scott Waddell Scott Waddell is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 2,301
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Anti-Bullying" campaign clever ruse for "gay" agenda attack on Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitex View Post
Any bullying is wrong period. "Love thy neighbor." Protecting kids is not agenda.
Well, yes it can be. We hear people justifying all manner of wickedness under the rubric of "think of the children!" I recall the case of Brenden Wagner (sp?). He is a high school student in Wisconsin and his school newspaper asked him to write the "con" side in pro/con article about same sex marriage. He got hauled before the assistant principal and was berated and threatened for hours on end. When you look at these anti-bullying campaigns, it is clear that Brenden's experience is not the kind of bullying these guys are interested in fighting. Anti-bullying is code, and not very deep code at that, for homosexual normalization.

Some of you may recall like I do the height of Politcal Correctness in the '90's. There we watched as college campuses across the country capitulated to ludicrous harrasment policies that included things like the accused not being able to confront accusers or even know the full nature of the charge against him. Well, high school and elementary school was always a little harder to crack. Sure, plenty of moonbattery has invaded here, but since parents were usually alot closer to and personally involved in the schools, they could always rally the troops when things got out of hand. Anti-bullying provides progressives with the Trojan horse they have always been looking for. Bullying is largely unsolvable by programs because not only does it take place out of sight of adult authority, but also because of the unwritten yet intractable no-squealing code among youth. But that makes it perfect because there is no end to the intrusions into schools with ideological social engineering to be had in the name of fighting it.

Last edited by Scott Waddell; May 1, '12 at 8:43 pm.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8371Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Loren42
5102CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4417Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: daughterstm
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3859SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3696Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3269Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3262Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3093For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: SERVENT FOR GOD



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 2:55 pm.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.