Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 5, '12, 8:43 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (Latin Rite)
Default Question about St.Benedict Medal?

Ok,so i ordered a Crucifix with a St. Benedict Medal from EWTN right, and i researched it a little bit and I found out it has blessings with it or something like that, anyways, do you think God would deny me the graces associtated with it, if i cant get it blessed (out of circumstances i cant control) God bless
"For what page or what utterance of the divinely inspired books of the Old and the New Testament is not a most exact rule of human life? Or, what book of the holy Catholic Fathers doth not loudly proclaim how we may go straight to our Creator?" -Holy Rule of Saint Benedict
Old May 5, '12, 9:03 am

Religion: Catholic, Obl.OSB
Default Re: Question about St.Benedict Medal?

There's a special blessing for the St. Benedict medal. See http://www.osb.org/gen/medal.html

Print out the blessing and give it to the priest who will bless your medal. He doesn't have to be a Benedictine but should follow the approved formula.
Old May 5, '12, 10:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
There's a special blessing for the St. Benedict medal. See http://www.osb.org/gen/medal.html

Print out the blessing and give it to the priest who will bless your medal. He doesn't have to be a Benedictine but should follow the approved formula.
+1...properly blessed, it can subsitute for the True Cross relic in the St. Maurus blessing of the sick as well.
Old May 5, '12, 11:00 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post

well i wish i could, but my parents dont let me around Priest, and i ask awhile back on CAF if i should go to Church in secret but i was told just wait till 18
"For what page or what utterance of the divinely inspired books of the Old and the New Testament is not a most exact rule of human life? Or, what book of the holy Catholic Fathers doth not loudly proclaim how we may go straight to our Creator?" -Holy Rule of Saint Benedict
Old May 5, '12, 11:35 am

Religion: Catholic

I have just a benedict medal, and what I did is I put some anointing oil my grandmother brought my mother from her country and I prayed for it to God to use it for good and protect me from evil.

I haven't gotten sick since, I suffered from terrible asthma and coughing that would not go away. Regular allergies here and there, but I try and wear it with faith.

Some time after In communion we are allowed blessings if you can't take communion, so the priest did a sign of the cross over it.
You can do it with holy water for now, and if you don't have any, just pray to God to work through it while you will be able to access a priest to bless it.

God Bless You.
Old May 5, '12, 6:06 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria1993 View Post
I have just a benedict medal, and what I did is I put some anointing oil my grandmother brought my mother from her country and I prayed for it to God to use it for good and protect me from evil.

I haven't gotten sick since, I suffered from terrible asthma and coughing that would not go away. Regular allergies here and there, but I try and wear it with faith.

Some time after In communion we are allowed blessings if you can't take communion, so the priest did a sign of the cross over it.
You can do it with holy water for now, and if you don't have any, just pray to God to work through it while you will be able to access a priest to bless it.
God Bless You.
Wow, thats some good advice, thanks God bless
Old May 9, '12, 4:35 pm

Religion: Catholic

The medal of Saint Benedict
The Saint Benedict medal is one of the most famous and efficacious medals in the church. It commemorates Saint Benedict working miracles through The Sign of the Cross. The blessing formula for the medal has a special exorcism blessing against all things coming from Satan and the evil spirits. It also has a special blessing for the sick.

(The Miraculous Medal is also the instrument of many miracles)

The undesirable tenants
Jill lived next door to a house that was rented out to tenants. Three successive groups of tenants lived in the house. The tenants in each of the three groups were drug addicts. They usually slept all day and stayed up all night disturbing the neighbours with their noisy rowdy parties. The third group of tenants skipped through without paying the rent. Jill's mother then placed a blessed Saint Benedict medal beside the house, after that much quieter tenants moved in. Kim has a similar story. She placed a Saint Benedict Medal close to a house across the road from her own home. The tenants in this house used to blast the neighbourhood with unbearably loud music. After the Saint Benedict Medal was placed there, the tenants moved out and quiet peaceful tenants moved in.

A noisy blast at the supermarket
Every Friday night my husband and I went to the supermarket to buy supplies for the family. The supermarket staff always put over the loudspeaker, a heavy metal rock radio station. This caused me to develop headaches during the shopping excursions. After many weeks of this I came up with the idea of placing a tiny blessed Saint Benedict medal behind the cans of food. Saint Benedict took care of things. The following Friday when we went to the supermarket, there was a much better radio station (which played pleasant enjoyable music) coming over the loud speaker.

Stress in the workplace
Gailís father works as a policeman. He was under constant stress because of the trouble that he was having with a senior police officer. The senior police officer was very argumentative and troublesome. The problem had been ongoing for about a year. Gail gave her father a blessed Saint Benedict medal and said a prayer for him, starting from the very next day the senior police officer was much easier to get along with.

Protection of a house from fire

While Melanie was working at the back of her house doing the laundry, she said a prayer to Saint Benedict asking him to protect her home. Ten minutes later there was a knock at the front door. It was a man who alerted her to a fire in her front yard, which had been started by someone carelessly throwing away a lit cigarette. The fire had already started to spread. There was no tap in that area, so she ran back into the house to get a bucket of water. By the time she got back, a man who was passing by, had put out the fire with his work boots. Without his help the fire could have caused considerable damage. The feast day of Saint Benedict is celebrated on July 11.

Trouble in the park
A friend of our family lived near a park. For many years hoodlums gathered in the park at night, where all kinds of unacceptable behaviour took place. The police were called repeatedly over a number of years and despite their efforts they were never successful in improving the situation. Finally our friend placed a blessed Saint Benedict medal under one of the park benches. From that day on the hoodlums never returned.

The above testimonies are from my book on answers to prayer, which can be read free on line at Part one:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/Hel...eavenBook.html

Part two:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/Hel...okPartTwo.html

(I am always adding new testimonies to the book. If you have any testimonies about answers to prayer (not from an already published book) that you think might be suitable, please email me with the story at: [email protected]

My name is Mary Ann.

Please put: Answers to prayer book submission in the subject line of the email, so that it doesn't get lost in the endless emails that come into my inbox.. Thank you.

P.S. I am sure that the blessing of the St. Benedict medal is need.
Old May 17, '12, 5:35 am

Religion: Thank you POPE BENEDICT XVI We LOVE YOU! GOD BLESS YOU.
Lightbulb Re: Question about St.Benedict Medal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrySteve View Post
Ok,so i ordered a Crucifix with a St. Benedict Medal from EWTN right, and i researched it a little bit and I found out it has blessings with it or something like that, anyways, do you think God would deny me the graces associtated with it, if i cant get it blessed (out of circumstances i cant control) God bless

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY "COUNTRY STEVE"

Now you can come HOME without a problem!!!! YAY!!!

Praying that you can be CATHOLIC SOON!!!!

CHEERS,

Pax

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence