Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 19, '12, 7:34 pm

Religion: Catholic
Question Natsarim

Has anyone heard of the cult of the Natsarim? What are it's core beliefs and how does it relate to Jewish and Christian religion??
Old Jan 19, '12, 8:44 pm
Banned

Default Re: Natsarim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff417 View Post
Has anyone heard of the cult of the Natsarim? What are it's core beliefs and how does it relate to Jewish and Christian religion??
http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=3164

Check this out....

and this..

http://www.christianforums.com/t7508191/

YHWHNATZARIM.html

Quote:
no, sweetheart, that is not real or worthy of a smart girl Visio's attention.Check the home page.THis is a crazy man Lew White and his cult of "Sacred Name" Website is a product of a mentally disturbed person.
highly entertaining though, to get a laugh or three

Real Gems:
-The website says that the word christian came from the word "cretin"
-Yeshua's name is "Yahusha"
-Christianity is Synagogue of Shatan( i think he means Satan?)
-women shouldnt be allowed to speak in the assembly (what a donkey.)
etc..
What i value this forum for is balanced, respectful view of others from most MJs. If anybody here subsribes to that Lew White craziness, better tell me, I promise to momentarily promptly leave
Old May 5, '12, 11:43 pm

Red face Re: Natsarim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iesus View Post
Who are the Natsarim? I'm just curious, saw this thread and it sparked my interest.
You're not alone. lol

Are you a proud Hispanic Catholic too? Come join the group!

http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=1318
Old May 6, '12, 8:06 am

Sounds like a homemade religion.
Old May 6, '12, 9:45 am
Banned

Quote:
Lew White was posting on the Natsarim and is no longer seen...perhaps the Natsarim are a disappearing breed...
Old May 8, '12, 7:02 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: other

I went to Catholic school was confirmed in the Catholic Church and believe everyone can find the truth starting at www.realdeception.com a wonderful sight for truth seekers ....
Old May 8, '12, 7:06 pm
Trial Membership

Default Re: Natsarim here is less comments.

Brothers & sisters,
Because my name came up on a Catholic forum, I registered to respond to several questions being asked about “the cult of the Natsarim”.
This is the entire, but brief, interaction I had with the Jesuits. You will find their final response very interesting.
Catholic forum topic: NATSARIM
The original post on the forum asked the question:
Jesuit:
This is my original reply to the question, because my name was mentioned in the forum as being in a “cult”, the Natsarim:
The term NATSARIM is used to describe the ORIGINAL followers of Yahusha of Natsarith at Acts 24:5. The term "Christianos" is found 3 times in the Greek, but the term was, in that time, a Greek term of scorn. The Hebrew/Yisraelite followers did not call themselves by a Greek term, but were at first called "Christianos" at Antioch, according to Acts 11:26. If you look up the term "cretin", you will find it is traced back to the original Greek, "Christianos", a term used in that time to describe a simpleton, or idiot. The term later was adopted by the believers at Alexandria, and propelled by the headmasters of the Catechetical School of Alexandria.
For every "weird" accusation there is a logical, truthful answer; my reputation has been commonly smeared, but so was the "cult" called Natsarim in the days of the first followers - Acts 28:22:
“And we think it right to hear from you what you think, for indeed, concerning this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.”
Jesuit:
But am I to understand you are yet another group of Judaisers?
My reply:
"Heresy" is the strongest accusation one group will accuse another one of. Strong (and deadly) disputes arise between groups who share similar, but not identical beliefs. Sunni and Shi'a are similar, but not identical, and so each group considers the other "heretics".
Since the 12th century, the Natsarim (aka Huguenots, Waldensians) kept the Commandments as written (including the true Sabbath, not Sun-day), and were brutally attacked by German, French, and Bohemian armies for centuries, long before the "Reformation".
THE WIKIPEDIA ENCYCLOPEDIA STATES:
"The Roman Catholic Church declared them heretics — stating the group's principal error was 'contempt for ecclesiastical power'. *
The Waldensians were also accused by the Catholic Church*of teaching ‘innumerable errors".
"JUDAIZER" is the label often used today for those who obey Torah, however at Galatians 2:14 it specifically was over adult male circumcision - Paul confronted Peter over this point, and it was finally decided on as recorded at Acts 15, with Yahusha's brother James (Ya'aqob) presiding over the Natsarim assembly (he was the Nasi, or president of the Natsarim). If we obey the true Sabbath, and teach love, obedience to Torah, we are accused of being "Judaizers", and thus "heretics". The fruit of the tree is the way you determine the kind of tree it is. We Natsarim teach love, which is the outcome of the Commandments. The bad fruit of centuries of extermination, centuries before the Inquisition existed, must be placed in another divisional camp, which will be judged by Yahusha, not me or any other Natsari. We are to love, teach, and obey; not judge.
We are only "heretics" because we love the Commandments, and shun the Nicolaitane "ecclesiastical powers". We still love our enemies, and don't kill them. We hold no power, nor pursue it. Yahusha is our Head, we are His body. The fruit identifies the tree it hangs on.
Jesuit:
Lew, You did not answer my question. You just lost credibility and earned a report to the forum masters. I believe that you are proseltyizing...You are preaching.
My reply:
I'm not preaching, I'm addressing the question. Specifically, the question was are "we" a sect of "Judaizers"? The context is often misunderstood, since a "Judaizer" referenced from Galatians 2:14 pertains to circumcision, which is the book Paul wrote addressing the topic of circumcision.
You did not know this?
Jesuit:
Do you regard the Natsarim as the true Messianic Judaism and do you strictly follow Torah Law?
My reply:
There is no such thing as "Messianic Judaism"; this term was invented to describe those who may be of the tribe of Yahudah, but also practice rabbinical "Judaism" (based on Talmud as well as Torah, began by a "rabbi" - or exalted one - named Akiba, 2nd century).
The true faith of the followers of Yahusha involves belief in His atonement (by His blood sprinkling our hearts, or inner spirits), and walking in the way He walked; in Torah. We are obliged to go, teach all nations what we were commanded to obey, and that is easily found at Ex. 20, Lev. 11, and Lev. 23. It's not difficult in the least, and in fact a very light "yoke" (teaching). There's only one "rabbi", and that's Yahusha.
BTW, there's no such thing as a "Palestinian" either. That word is based on the term "Philistine", and is a Latin form of it.
Natsarim are very real however.
Jesuit:
So you reject the Oral Law (Talmud) as being transmitted by G-d together with the Written Law (Torah)? That would be similar to Karaite Judaism. Do you then consider the Natsarim the only true Christians, apart from using the term itself?
My reply:
There is no such thing as an "oral law". As for our similarities with Karaites, the TaNaK is the basis of the revelation of Truth; but unlike them we also embrace the writings of the Brith Chadasha (referred to as the "New Testament" by Christianity). We overcome "strongholds" (mental fortresses of errant beliefs) by the indwelling of the Spirit of Yahusha, Who guides us into Truth and discernment.
He gives His Spirit to those who obey Him (Acts 5:32).
We are not a "religion".
Old May 8, '12, 7:06 pm
Trial Membership

Default Re: Natsarim less comments continued your admin deleted them.

We are guardians of the Name (Yahuah) and His Word (Torah), which He has exalted above all (see Ps. 25:14, Ps. 138:2).
This forum asked the question, what are the ‘core beliefs’ of the Natsarim? - you're communicating with one of them now.
Jesuit:
Thank you for your informative responses. One more question: do you believe in the divinity of Jesus? I assume you don't believe in the Trinity; am I correct?
My reply:
Yahusha is Yahuah, as He revealed to Philip (Yn 14:9). "Have I been with you so long, and you have not known me Phillip? He who has seen Me, has seen the Father . . ." Sorry, but there's no "trinity" revealed as a teaching in Scripture. It came along much later as a part of the "creed" developed pertaining to "baptism" (immersion in water, our pledge of a good conscience toward Yahuah, and our commitment/marriage/joining to Him). The "Spirit" is Yahuah, but since Yahuah is the same Person as Yahusha, there is but ONE "person", not three -- unless you can produce a text of Scripture that actually teaches there are three "persons". We are keen to discern between "exegesis" and "eisegesis". Our "wineskins" are new, and only accept what is from Yahusha. "Old wine" (human traditions) will not remain where the "new wine" (Yahusha's Word/teachings) have been accepted.
The Light drives away the darkness, overcoming it completely. If Yahuah were truly 3 persons, He would have surely told us.
Most Pagan religions involved 3 (Baal Shalishi - "3 LORD"); all derive from Babel: Nimrod, Tammuz, & Semiramis.
BAAL is Hebrew for "LORD", so we don't substitute His Name for "LORD" either.
These are just some details that may be interesting, I'm not intending to upset anyone.
Jesuit:
Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Trolling, agenda posting
This change will be lifted: Never
Old May 8, '12, 8:04 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Natsarim

Quote:
Shalom!

No its not a home made religion. In fact it's not a religion at all. Its founded upon the teaching and example of the Anointed of Yisra’ĕl Yahusha: in whom The Shepard of Life sent to redeem His people from paganism and to a renewed covenant with Him.

Debarim 18:15-19 15 [TS98] “יהוה your Elohim shall raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brothers. Listen to Him, .....18 ‘I shall raise up for them a Prophet like you out of the midst of their brothers. And I shall put My Words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 ‘And it shall be, the man who does not listen to My Words which He speaks in My Name, I require it of him.

We the Natsarim listens to The One He sent, Yohanan 17:1-26 6 “I have revealed Your Name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have guarded Your Word. 7 “Now they have come to know that all You gave to Me, is from You. 8 “Because the Words which You gave to Me, I have given to them. And they have received them, and have truly known that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.

Therefore, those who don't listen to the Words of Yahusha in Whom Yahuah has sent will face Yahuah on the second resurrection and you don't want to meet Him on that day, because Yohanan said,

Hazon 20:6 Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of Elohim and of The Anointed One of Yisra’ĕl, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

The Natsarim are growing because the seed of Abraham are returning back to the Covenant of Yahuah!

I hope you understand, if not let me know and I will further explain.

Shalom!

Last edited by messengermiller; May 8, '12 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 9, '12, 3:17 am
Trial Membership

excellent post messenger miller strong truth you have shared....
Old May 9, '12, 5:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyahel View Post
Brothers & sisters,
Because my name came up on a Catholic forum, I registered to respond to several questions being asked about “the cult of the Natsarim”.
This is the entire, but brief, interaction I had with the Jesuits. You will find their final response very interesting.
Catholic forum topic: NATSARIM
The original post on the forum asked the question:
Jesuit:
This "dialogue" is a complete fabrication. I am not a Jesuit. The majority of this "conversation" never took place at all. Now I understand what this Natsarim nonsense is all about. Lies.
Old May 9, '12, 8:18 am
Trial Membership

Quote:
Now I understand what this Natsarim nonsense is all about. Lies.
Shalom Jeff,

What lies do you understand about the Natsarim? Can you justify your statement by using our scriptures that יהוה - Yahuah gave us?
Old May 9, '12, 8:22 am
Trial Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyahel View Post
excellent post messenger miller strong truth you have shared....
Shalom Danyahel,

Toda! For the Natsarim of Yahusha and our Elohim יהוה - Yahuah!
Old May 10, '12, 8:44 am
Trial Membership

Yes .. Shalom Jeff can you point out the lies from lew white that are un_scriptural by using the texts Yahuah gave us ? i agree with messenger miller and am willing to listen.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions