Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 10, '12, 9:48 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Syro Malabar Catholic
Default How to Listen to CAL live in India ?

Hey All,

I am in India and I listen to the podcasts everyday. For quite sometime I have been wanting to listen to it live but I do not know how to listen ? I tried many things and i never succeeded. I think the show is from 6:30 am to 8:30 am Indian Standard Time and thats the time am on my way to work. So naturally I just cannot use CAL webiste to listen to it. Somehow my andorid Samsung galaxy Note does not play it if I use CAF website.

Is there any way I can listen to it live on my android device?

Is it possible to listen to it via tunein app ? If Yes how?

Is there any CAL live listeners in India who can suggest me a work around?

Joe
Old May 11, '12, 12:34 pm

Religion: Critical-Thinking Catholic
Send a message via Skype™ to TarkanAttila
Default Re: How to Listen to CAL live in India ?

You can listen to it online at the EWTN website. Go to radio, listen live, EWTN Radio.
God bless you and happy listening!

EDIT: And if that does not work for you... well, I can offer you my local Catholic radio station, Spirit Catholic Radio. You might be able to catch some EWTN programming, as well as a rerun of "The Sunrise Morning Show", and part of the Rosary if you listened to KVSS online.

In either case you would just miss CAL. You'd have to be up at... 3 AM - 5 AM your time to listen to CAL.
- Gerard Manley Hopkins

Last edited by TarkanAttila; May 11, '12 at 12:45 pm.
Old May 13, '12, 11:26 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkanAttila View Post
You can listen to it online at the EWTN website. Go to radio, listen live, EWTN Radio.
God bless you and happy listening!

EDIT: And if that does not work for you... well, I can offer you my local Catholic radio station, Spirit Catholic Radio. You might be able to catch some EWTN programming, as well as a rerun of "The Sunrise Morning Show", and part of the Rosary if you listened to KVSS online.

In either case you would just miss CAL. You'd have to be up at... 3 AM - 5 AM your time to listen to CAL.
Thank you TarkanAttila, I will check out Spirit Catholic Radio. Does it have an app to run on android phone?

I just couldnt play the live radio shows through ewtn or CAF website on my android phone. I was hoping to get some help on some apps that plays it live.

You said 3 AM to 5 AM in India, If the show is aired live in San Diego, California at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM , shouldn't 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM in the morning be the corresponding time in India ?

Joe
Old May 14, '12, 12:43 am

Religion: Critical-Thinking Catholic
Send a message via Skype™ to TarkanAttila

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeantony View Post
Thank you TarkanAttila, I will check out Spirit Catholic Radio. Does it have an app to run on android phone?

I just couldnt play the live radio shows through ewtn or CAF website on my android phone. I was hoping to get some help on some apps that plays it live.

You said 3 AM to 5 AM in India, If the show is aired live in San Diego, California at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM , shouldn't 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM in the morning be the corresponding time in India ?

Joe
I don't know. I know it plays from 5 PM to 7 PM Central Time (I think that's GMT-6). I just read somewhere that India's time zone is 10 hours ahead of us, so I counted ten hours forward.

I think it was my mistake, actually. I should have counted backwards, in which case, yes, you're right. You would be able to hear CAL. It would be on ~ 7:00-9:00 AM your time. And just before that would be just the last half of "Kresta in the Afternoon", a Catholic political call-in show a bit like CAL.

Happy listening!

Here's the SCR website for your interests:
http://spiritcatholicradio.com/

And it appears they DO have a way to listen to it on an Android! Instructions here.
- Gerard Manley Hopkins
Old May 14, '12, 1:22 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkanAttila View Post
I don't know. I know it plays from 5 PM to 7 PM Central Time (I think that's GMT-6). I just read somewhere that India's time zone is 10 hours ahead of us, so I counted ten hours forward.

I think it was my mistake, actually. I should have counted backwards, in which case, yes, you're right. You would be able to hear CAL. It would be on ~ 7:00-9:00 AM your time. And just before that would be just the last half of "Kresta in the Afternoon", a Catholic political call-in show a bit like CAL.

Happy listening!

Here's the SCR website for your interests:
http://spiritcatholicradio.com/

And it appears they DO have a way to listen to it on an Android! Instructions here.

Awesome Sir, I already have the tune in app, I will listen to it from tomorrow morning then.

Thanks a ton for all the info.

Cordially,
Joe
Old May 15, '12, 8:56 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Here I am again, I tried listening to CAL today morning from 7 to 8 AM and I failed again. I tried Spirit Catholic Radion, KVSS, through Tune in app on android. I was listening to some show which was not CAL. I then tried Sacred Heart Radio, Immaculate Heart Readio, EWTN radio etc all of them was airing some other shows.

Then I checked if it is 6 to 8 PM in San Diego, I changed the clock on my android phone to San Diego Time and Yes it was indeed 6 to 8 PM there.

Or may be I have to check the podcast to see if I was indeed listening CAL.

Joe
Old May 15, '12, 1:30 pm
Assistant Producer - Catholic Answers Live

Religion: Catholic

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your interest in Catholic Answers Live! The program airs from 3-5 p.m. San Diego (Pacific) time, which is 6-8 p.m. on the east coast of the United States. I looked it up on Google, and this means that the show airs at 3:30-5:30 a.m. Indian Standard Time.

You can also listen to past shows online at catholic.com/radio/calendar. Just select the show you would like to listen to, and click "listen" in the upper right corner.

I hope this is helpful!
Old May 16, '12, 5:45 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Hafliger View Post
Hi Joe,

Thank you for your interest in Catholic Answers Live! The program airs from 3-5 p.m. San Diego (Pacific) time, which is 6-8 p.m. on the east coast of the United States. I looked it up on Google, and this means that the show airs at 3:30-5:30 a.m. Indian Standard Time.

You can also listen to past shows online at catholic.com/radio/calendar. Just select the show you would like to listen to, and click "listen" in the upper right corner.

I hope this is helpful!
Hello Diana,

Thank you for answering. Now i know why i wasn't able to listen to the show. I guess i will have to keep listening to the podcasts.

With prayers
Joe
Old Aug 18, '12, 10:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeantony View Post
Hey All,

I am in India and I listen to the podcasts everyday. For quite sometime I have been wanting to listen to it live but I do not know how to listen ? I tried many things and i never succeeded. I think the show is from 6:30 am to 8:30 am Indian Standard Time and thats the time am on my way to work. So naturally I just cannot use CAL webiste to listen to it. Somehow my andorid Samsung galaxy Note does not play it if I use CAF website.

Is there any way I can listen to it live on my android device?

Is it possible to listen to it via tunein app ? If Yes how?

Is there any CAL live listeners in India who can suggest me a work around?

Joe
Hi Joe:

If you are living in India have you considered listening to EWTN on Shortwave? The Shortwave Radio service covers the globe (I can hear it even when travelling in Canada's Far North, or overseas). If you have a decent shortwave/world band radio, and possibly a longwire antenna, EWTN live would be easy; their shortwave frequency schedule is here:

http://www.ewtn.com/radio/freq.htm

This is probably easier than messing around with Internet Radio stations that are sometimes on/off, or in different time zones...the Shortwave service runs 24/7, and is actually beamed to your part of the world, so picking it up would be a snap, and you'd never miss a show. Now if you are walking to work you could use a portable radio like this:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/1909.html

If you are driving you can get car radios for shortwave, I have one, but they are rare and hard to find, at least in North America (don't know about India). I got mine at Durham Radio in Ontario; I often listen to EWTN when I'm driving to/from work:

http://www.durhamradio.com/sony-cdxg...eoInstallation

Here's the Program Schedule for the Shortwave Service (including CAL) (warning .PDF file)

http://www.ewtn.com/radio/download/Shortwave_Grid.pdf

Good luck!

Jacques
Old Aug 27, '12, 1:33 pm
Engineer - Radio Dept.

Maybe the issue has been resolved but have you tried any of the Catholic station radio apps? Immaculate Heart radio, Sacred Heart Radio, Guadalupe Radio, Salt and Light, and Ave Maria radio all have apps with a listen live feature. Hope this helps!

God Bless
Old Sep 9, '12, 8:31 am
Observing Member

if you have kindle fire, you can download the free app "tunein" it carries live free streaming radio feeds from everywhere. Theres even a EWTN catholic radio section which features live radio and past shows, its pretty neat ive been using in for months now. hope this helps.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)