Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old May 31, '12, 11:01 pm

Religion: Roman-Catholic
Default For Greater Glory

For Greater Glory - The True Story of Cristiada
http://www.forgreaterglory.com/

As most of you regular members that frequent these forums know, I am a Knight. My local Council (along with other parish groups in the area), held a private screening tonight for the movie "For Greater Glory". It is the story of the Mexican Martyrs who endured brutally violant persecution in the early to mid 1920's Mexico. The above link is to the movie's official website.

Having seen this movie myself, only few hours ago, I can say it is a MUST SEE...for religious and even secularist alike. It is a story of a corrupt and brutal regime who persecuted an entire religious presence, but it is also a story of endurance and resistance, it is a story of forgiveness (many martyrs forgave their captors right before being executed). It is a story of faith, and the many, sometimes mysterious, ways that faith can help us overcome and endure even the most horrific of realities. It is a story of freedom. I encourage everyone to see this movie. I was moved to tears at the courage, bravery, and strength that these men and women showed during one of the darkest times of Mexico's history.

This month's issue of Columbia (the official magazine of the Knights of Columbus), this month's issue is filled with various articles about the movie, the actual events themselves, as well as articles regarding religious freedom. The link below is to the magazine itself. You dont have to be a Knight in order to read it. Just follow the links and they have everything right there on the page.

http://www.kofc.org/un/en/columbia/index.html

I again encourage everyone to see this movie and read the actual history of these events. Please spread the word about this movie, and indeed the events that actually occured. Have a good evening and may God bless you.
Most Precious Blood Council #11238
Council Officer - Worthy Warden
Most Precious Blood Assembly #2987
Assembly Member - 4th Degree Sir Knight
Old May 31, '12, 11:19 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Radio Club Member
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: For Greater Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain2010 View Post
For Greater Glory - The True Story of Cristiada
http://www.forgreaterglory.com/

As most of you regular members that frequent these forums know, I am a Knight. My local Council (along with other parish groups in the area), held a private screening tonight for the movie "For Greater Glory". It is the story of the Mexican Martyrs who endured brutally violant persecution in the early to mid 1920's Mexico. The above link is to the movie's official website.

Having seen this movie myself, only few hours ago, I can say it is a MUST SEE...for religious and even secularist alike. It is a story of a corrupt and brutal regime who persecuted an entire religious presence, but it is also a story of endurance and resistance, it is a story of forgiveness (many martyrs forgave their captors right before being executed). It is a story of faith, and the many, sometimes mysterious, ways that faith can help us overcome and endure even the most horrific of realities. It is a story of freedom. I encourage everyone to see this movie. I was moved to tears at the courage, bravery, and strength that these men and women showed during one of the darkest times of Mexico's history.

This month's issue of Columbia (the official magazine of the Knights of Columbus), this month's issue is filled with various articles about the movie, the actual events themselves, as well as articles regarding religious freedom. The link below is to the magazine itself. You dont have to be a Knight in order to read it. Just follow the links and they have everything right there on the page.

http://www.kofc.org/un/en/columbia/index.html

I again encourage everyone to see this movie and read the actual history of these events. Please spread the word about this movie, and indeed the events that actually occured. Have a good evening and may God bless you.

I totally can't wait to see this movie - I plan to see it Saturday!

pray the Rosary now - http://www.comepraytherosary.org/
Old May 31, '12, 11:58 pm

Religion: Roman-Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab23 View Post
I totally can't wait to see this movie - I plan to see it Saturday!
GO! Take your family and even a few friends with you. I guarantee they will love it.

One thing I forgot to mention in the original post, it is rated R for violence. They show priests being executed, women and children beaten, its pretty graphic. So yeah, this aint a movie for the little kids. Other than that, go hor it!
Most Precious Blood Council #11238
Council Officer - Worthy Warden
Most Precious Blood Assembly #2987
Assembly Member - 4th Degree Sir Knight
Old Jun 1, '12, 6:40 am

Religion: Catholic

This film is currently being discussed in Popular Media

Please feel free to discuss it there, I'll close this one, in order to not have 2 threads on the same topic.

Thank you!

Lucy Spencer
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence