Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Sandbox

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 27, '12, 9:11 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Prayer Warrior

How do I become a Prayer Warrior?
Old May 27, '12, 10:40 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic since Easter 2013!
Default Re: Prayer Warrior

Read this thread: http://forums.catholic.com/showthrea...prayer+warrior

Actually I didn't know what one was either until I looked it up ... I might become one myself
Old May 27, '12, 11:39 am
Prayer Warrior

Thank-you so much... I feel I have been waiting for this .
Old May 27, '12, 12:17 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysara View Post
Get on your knees.
Old Jun 3, '12, 7:12 pm

Religion: ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH - Revert

Quote:
You know, I tried three times. I read that Prayer Warriors were needed and so I followed the procedure listed and do you know what happened?

Nothing. Nobody contacted me. So I tried again, this time with a Prayer Warrior's help.

Again, nothing. Nobody contacted me.

So I tried again. And nobody contacted me.

I gave up.

And then I saw a notice stating that Prayer Warriors are needed.

I guess I'm just not good enough to even receive a PM telling me I can't be one.

So I did what another poster suggested: I got down on my knees. You'll never see "Prayer Warrior" under my username but I do pray and pray and pray.

But being ignored still hurts.
He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep.

Old Jun 3, '12, 7:37 pm
Prayer Warrior

I'm sorry... Most importantly, God knows you are praying. I don't post all my prayers for others for fear of new requests getting lost. Every now and then I try and play catch up so people will know they are still being prayed for and because I know it lifts me up when I see a posting under my request. I'm rambling, sorry.

You can always post prayers for people under prayer intentions anyway... Have you thought about maybe changing the name of where your location is on your profile? just a a thought.

God Bless~
Old Jun 4, '12, 8:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
I'm sorry... Most importantly, God knows you are praying. I don't post all my prayers for others for fear of new requests getting lost. Every now and then I try and play catch up so people will know they are still being prayed for and because I know it lifts me up when I see a posting under my request. I'm rambling, sorry.

You can always post prayers for people under prayer intentions anyway... Have you thought about maybe changing the name of where your location is on your profile? just a a thought.

God Bless~
Please don't be embarrassed. Yes, I've thought about changing it but it is a part of who I am. I've spent a lot of time in psych units. I've made friends with people that society calls "nuts." I've been called that name myself. One day I saw another patient wearing a sweatshirt with that term on it and I had to laugh. I don't want to post where I live because I feel that it limits how I can post. And when I feel down I look at that term and, again I just have to laugh.

When I tried to become a Prayer Warrior I didn't have that as the description of where I live. I actually had another username. However, I did have a signature that might have been offensive to some (it was a description of Planned Parenthood, typed in red). I offered to change my signature. I was ignored. I said I would use prayers approved by the Church (I do say the Lord's Prayer in two ways but I cleared it with my priest and was willing to use only the words that are spoken during Mass on the forum). I was ignored.

I decided that I could pray for people anyway. I wondered if I really wanted to be a Prayer Warrior just because that term would show up under my name. I don't think that was all of it, but it probably was part. And that's not good. I believe there is a story in the Bible about a certain man who stood at the front of the temple and prayed out loud, loudly, so that everyone would think how great he was. I found a bit of that in myself. I didn't like it.

Much of my prayer isn't written down and isn't even words. I'm in chronic, many times severe, pain. I offer my pain up to God for a specific person each month. This month it's being offered up for someone on another forum who needs help. And then I pray the Rosary and other prayers for specific intentions (the list keeps getting longer). Anyone who prays for other people is a Prayer Warrior. I no longer need those words under my username. So maybe in the long run it's good that I was ignored.

But it still hurts. And I wonder if there was something wrong with the procedure to become a Prayer Warrior. If so, I hope it was fixed or will be fixed.
He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep.

Old Jun 4, '12, 10:50 am

Addendum to my last post:

I didn't mean that Prayer Warriors on CAF are bragging about their prayers. I have immense respect for Prayer Warriors. They do a lot of good work and read a lot of requests for prayer made by people who are sad, frightened, and/or sick (or who are requesting prayers for family or friends or even strangers that are that way). I've posted prayer requests myself. I know the power of prayer firsthand. And I know that these people are compassionate and really care about those for whom they are praying and that even reading the requests has to have an effect on them.

Please don't think I'm complaining about Prayer Warriors. I just want the procedure used to become a Prayer Warrior repaired if it is still not working correctly. That's all. I hope I didn't offend anyone. That was certainly not my intention.

May God bless all Prayer Warriors, keep them strong, protect them from falling into despair themselves, and help them keep praying and praying. Right now I think that, for most of us, prayer is the only answer to many of the problems we are facing.

Old Jun 4, '12, 7:43 pm
Prayer Warrior

Smile Re: Prayer Warrior

People are very fortunate to have someone as thoughtful as you praying for others. Your sense of humor helps too ( I have to be careful because my sense of humor is usually dry and sarcastic- an acquired taste - )

God Bless~
Bix
Old Jun 5, '12, 3:33 pm
Prayer Warrior

I agree totally with you Bix... May God bless you both... may His face shine on you and bring you both His loving peace and strength... I was at Knock Shrine today... and prayed for everyone ... it took 12 hours hehe... but it was the best 12 hours I have had in a very long time

St Michael pray for us
Pray, Hope and don't Worry ( Padre Pio )

I appologize for this being so short but I am about to fall over the Keyboard lol
Old Jun 7, '12, 1:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
People are very fortunate to have someone as thoughtful as you praying for others. Your sense of humor helps too ( I have to be careful because my sense of humor is usually dry and sarcastic- an acquired taste - )

God Bless~
Bix
My sense of humor is extremely dry (usually). But my BIL has the driest sense of humor I have ever encountered. He actually told me of a malpractice court case in which the surgeon amputated the wrong leg of a patient. But the leg that needed to be amputated still had to be amputated. Of course the surgeon was sued. But the judge laughed and laughed and threw the case out.

Why?

The plaintiff didn't have a leg to stand on.

He told me that with a perfectly straight face. I followed his story with the usual "Oh, that's awful!" and "Wow - he did that?" And he told me the punchline with a straight face and I just stood there amazed at how he could do this.

I don't trust him at all anymore.

Old Jun 7, '12, 10:01 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
I agree totally with you Bix... May God bless you both... may His face shine on you and bring you both His loving peace and strength... I was at Knock Shrine today... and prayed for everyone ... it took 12 hours hehe... but it was the best 12 hours I have had in a very long time

St Michael pray for us
Pray, Hope and don't Worry ( Padre Pio )

I appologize for this being so short but I am about to fall over the Keyboard lol
Thank you for your kind words
God Bless ~
Old Jun 7, '12, 10:02 pm
Prayer Warrior

Talking Re: Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSoldier View Post
My sense of humor is extremely dry (usually). But my BIL has the driest sense of humor I have ever encountered. He actually told me of a malpractice court case in which the surgeon amputated the wrong leg of a patient. But the leg that needed to be amputated still had to be amputated. Of course the surgeon was sued. But the judge laughed and laughed and threw the case out.

Why?

The plaintiff didn't have a leg to stand on.

He told me that with a perfectly straight face. I followed his story with the usual "Oh, that's awful!" and "Wow - he did that?" And he told me the punchline with a straight face and I just stood there amazed at how he could do this.

I don't trust him at all anymore.
Lol~ thanks for a much needed laugh and smile!
Old Jun 8, '12, 7:09 am
Prayer Warrior

I followed the steps to become a prayer warrior, but nobody has responded to my request. Have I done something wrong? Are 'official' prayer warriors no longer needed?
Old Jun 9, '12, 9:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia23 View Post
I followed the steps to become a prayer warrior, but nobody has responded to my request. Have I done something wrong? Are 'official' prayer warriors no longer needed?
Uh oh. This is exactly what happened to me.

You did nothing wrong. Prayer Warriors are always needed. I've been ignored three times. I wasn't turned down. I was ignored. And that did hurt. Please know you are not alone. You can apply but I guess some of us just aren't wanted.

I'm so sorry. It really hurt when I tried the third time & was ignored again. I even sent a PM to one of the people that heads the program. She never responded. And it's been years.

How many times do you have to be ignored before you start to think there is something wrong with you, that you're inferior in some way you can't figure out, and that these are CATHOLICS who are ignoring you?

I'm just so sorry the program is so messed up. CAF should do something about this. This is just awful. I don't care about my being ignored so much anymore but now I'm finding out that I'm not the only one.

When I applied there was a forum member who was a self-proclaimed pagan. She was allowed to be a Prayer Warrior. I was not.

There is something wrong with this procedure and it has been going on for a long time.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Sandbox