Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life > Parenting

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 16, '12, 6:13 am

Religion: Catholic
Unhappy Lost my rosary

I have this beautiful pale pink pearl rosary. I was given it by a friend who really taught me so much about being Catholic. I had it with me at my grandfathers funeral and at our wedding. I'm so upset I can't find it.

Please can you say a short prayer to help me find it?

Thank you friends,
FOT

Old Jun 16, '12, 6:20 am

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Lost my rosary

Dear St. Anthony, come around, something's lost and can't be found!

You might think that is frivolous but St. Anthony seems to have a sense of humor...He doesn't mind being asked in a humorous way to help us recover lost objects (or even people).

You can also just ask him outright, "St. Anthony, please return my lost rosary to me!" Sometimes it takes a while, other times it turns up right away.
Old Jun 16, '12, 6:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJuliane View Post
Dear St. Anthony, come around, something's lost and can't be found!

You might think that is frivolous but St. Anthony seems to have a sense of humor...He doesn't mind being asked in a humorous way to help us recover lost objects (or even people).

You can also just ask him outright, "St. Anthony, please return my lost rosary to me!" Sometimes it takes a while, other times it turns up right away.
Thank you!!!

Old Jun 16, '12, 6:35 am

Religion: A person who has an interest in the Catholic Church

I pray through the intercession of St. Anthony that he helps you find your rosary and give it you in one piece. I pray that St. Anthony leads and guides you to where your rosary might be. St. Anthony , Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Jesus Christ, please help this person find her rosary which is pink and is a beautiful rosary. She use this rosary for church, wedding events, other types of events, and to pray for friends and family and praying the rosary. Please help her find it and really imperative that you do. She really needs it back. St. Anthony, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Jesus Christ, please help this person find her rosary, in the name of Jesus, Amen. Through Christ, Our Lord, Amen. I really believe that you will find your rosary. Call on St. Anthony, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, and Jesus Christ for assistance. They will guide and show you where your rosary is. I know that you will find it.
Old Jun 16, '12, 6:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullOfThought View Post
Thank you!!!
I will tell you my St. Anthony miracle story. My son was out at an amusement park the day before we were to leave for a 3 week trip to England. He had a retainer at the time which he removed to eat lunch at some picnic tables just outside the park. A sudden storm blew through and he and his friends ran for the shelter of their van. He could not find his retainer, and they called me in freak-out mode. I prayed to St. Anthony and IMMEDIATELY was given this knowledge, "Look under the cars." I told my son to do that, but he snapped back, "MOM! The cars are 20 feet away from the tables at least!"

Well, I won't go into the details but after a lot of searching, and me heading down there to help, the retainer was found...safe and sound... UNDER their van! He had scooped it up in the napkins and the remainder of their lunch and only dropped it as he got into the van...If they had moved the van it would have been crushed.

So you see, St. Anthony really does know where things are, if we will just listen to him!

Old Jun 16, '12, 9:26 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: roman catholic

Dear Saint Anthony please help fullofthought find her rosary. I had been missing my everyday mm for about a month and I found it the other day in a dresser drawer
Old Jun 16, '12, 9:33 am
Book Club Member

Arrow Re: Lost my rosary

Quote:
I have this beautiful pale pink pearl rosary. I was given it by a friend who really taught me so much about being Catholic. I had it with me at my grandfathers funeral and at our wedding. I'm so upset I can't find it.

Please can you say a short prayer to help me find it?

Thank you friends,
FOT
Dear FullOfThought,
I had lost my rosary 2 weeks ago. I was rather engrossed with my work and left it at my desk, I felt so bad thinking that the cleaning guys may have put it in the bin. I remember saying a fervent prayer in my own words to the Lord, rosary to His Mother and St Joseph and St Rita...and believe or not I just got it yesterday ...a colleague had noticed it on my desk after I left ..and she kept it safe for me until she returned to work yesterday!!
So I understand how you feel... I will keep you in my prayers ..

God Bless!!
~Clare
Old Jun 16, '12, 10:03 am

I had to put in a note for this one for I did lose my Rosary -- it's beautiful and it was sent to me by one of my granddaughters when she in Paris and she apparently got it at Notre Dame of Paris. At any rate I take it everywhere with me and have a special place in my purse for it. One day all of a sudden I couldn't find it -- looked everywhere -- couldn't find it -- THEN I said a prayer to St. Anthony and lo and behold I found it -- couldn't figure out why I hadn't found it before but was very grateful to St. Anthony!!!
Old Jun 16, '12, 11:00 am

I think Satan loves to cause us to lose our rosaries. Sometimes I think he or his demons actually steal them! Once I lost a rosary after praying in front of Planned Parenthood!

It's the most powerful weapon against Satan!
Old Jun 16, '12, 4:22 pm

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon!!!

I prayed to St. Anthony as you al suggested, and called my hubby and asked if we could go to the nearest Catholic store to buy another one. While getting into the car something, sorry.. someone, inspired me to look in an old box full of donation stuff in our garage and there is was just laying there! I have no idea how it ended up there!!

I am SO grateful and SO full of joy and gratitude!!

Thank you for all of your prayers... thank you thank you thank you!!!

ps. I bought a beautiful little statue of Our Lady for our home.. my first statue

Old Jun 16, '12, 4:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJuliane View Post
I will tell you my St. Anthony miracle story. My son was out at an amusement park the day before we were to leave for a 3 week trip to England. He had a retainer at the time which he removed to eat lunch at some picnic tables just outside the park. A sudden storm blew through and he and his friends ran for the shelter of their van. He could not find his retainer, and they called me in freak-out mode. I prayed to St. Anthony and IMMEDIATELY was given this knowledge, "Look under the cars." I told my son to do that, but he snapped back, "MOM! The cars are 20 feet away from the tables at least!"

Well, I won't go into the details but after a lot of searching, and me heading down there to help, the retainer was found...safe and sound... UNDER their van! He had scooped it up in the napkins and the remainder of their lunch and only dropped it as he got into the van...If they had moved the van it would have been crushed.

So you see, St. Anthony really does know where things are, if we will just listen to him!

That's incredible!

Old Jun 16, '12, 4:23 pm

[quote=TheRealJuliane;9415409It's the most powerful weapon against Satan![/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more!

Old Jun 17, '12, 3:15 am
Book Club Member

Talking Re: Lost my rosary

I'm glad you got your Rosary back!!
God Bless!
~Clare
Old Jun 17, '12, 7:34 pm

Quote:
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon!!!

I prayed to St. Anthony as you al suggested, and called my hubby and asked if we could go to the nearest Catholic store to buy another one. While getting into the car something, sorry.. someone, inspired me to look in an old box full of donation stuff in our garage and there is was just laying there! I have no idea how it ended up there!!

I am SO grateful and SO full of joy and gratitude!!

Thank you for all of your prayers... thank you thank you thank you!!!

ps. I bought a beautiful little statue of Our Lady for our home.. my first statue
See??? St. Anthony showed you where it was!! Sometimes I think he even moves things so we find them again. I know I have looked someplace and yet when I go back to it, the thing is there.

Thanks, St. Anthony, for your help in this situation! We love you!
Old Jun 18, '12, 10:27 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: roman catholic

Full of thought I am so happy for you. We all knew saint Anthony would help you find your rosary

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life > Parenting