Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 22, '12, 1:36 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default an adoption situation, 15 year old cousin has 5 month old, pregnant again

Hi, everyone. I would like if you would pray for this situation. My 15 year old cousin already has a 5 month old and she is pregnant again with a daughter. We are of course upset by her actions but see every child as a gift of God. After seeing how tough it is to raise a baby (who is now in the custody of her grandmother), she has decided to give the baby up for adoption to my other cousins, who are in their late 30s and unable to have kids as far as they know. They are a very loving Christian couple. We are very happy with her decision because it is the absolute best choice she could have made.

I would like you to first of all join me in giving thanks to God that my cousin and family are pro-life, as she would have been the "perfect candidate" to have an abortion. Thank the Lord, whatever you can say about the choices she has made, she wants to give her children life.

Second, please pray that this adoption goes smoothly and she does not change her mind or anything (I don't think she will but it does not hurt to pray).

Third, for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Last, that she and her boyfriend will accept the Lord's plan for sex and marriage.
Thank you!

Viva il Papa! Long live Pope Francis!
Old Jul 22, '12, 3:46 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: an adoption situation, 15 year old cousin has 5 month old, pregnant again

Someone from your family should find out who the father of your cousins children is and file charges against him for statutary rape if he is an adult, and/or sue him to make him pay child support. If he is under age, a judgement should still be gotten so he can pay when he starts working.
Old Jul 22, '12, 6:04 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: an adoption situation, 15 year old cousin has 5 month old, pregnant again

Our God we ask that love, wisdom will prevail, to ensure the true good of all persons involved. Please greatly bless and protect each member of this family, young and older.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jul 22, '12, 6:08 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Faithful to Pope Francis~ Roman Catholic

May God bring a healthy baby into the world and ensure that matters run smoothly for all involved. Please Lord also guide the young woman and her boyfriend to be chaste and understand Gods ways. Amen

"O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee"

Where to send your petitions -
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=451946
Old Jul 22, '12, 6:30 pm
Book Club Member

Holy art Thou, O Lord, and pure and good in all Thy love.
We thank Thee that Thy mercy is mirrored in the life-protecting actions of cousin and family.
May they continue in Thy way, and remember the needs of the child.
May mother and baby be blessed with a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
May mother and baby be blessed with happy and holy lives thereafter.
May all the family be blessed.
May the love of father and mother be purified,
and may they live their lives in accord with all Thy holy ordinances and statutes,
especially honoring the institution of matrimony faithfully all the days of their lives.

We ask this through Jesus Christ Thy Son our Lord, who lives and reigns with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, one God, forever and ever. Amen.
Old Jul 22, '12, 6:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Stegmeir View Post
Someone from your family should find out who the father of your cousins children is and file charges against him for statutary rape if he is an adult, and/or sue him to make him pay child support. If he is under age, a judgement should still be gotten so he can pay when he starts working.
He is underage too. Thanks for your concern.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Old Jul 22, '12, 6:56 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic

Merciful Father I ask Your direction and aid regarding these two child-parents. May You wisdom and guidance be their light and protection
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jul 28, '12, 3:10 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Thank you Lord, that the baby of this 15 year old will be safe. Please help the baby's mother to always be pro-life, and help her to live a holy, chaste life in accordance with your holy will. Guide her and her boyfriend and enlighten them on the necessity of holy purity. May they know You and love You, and receive contrition and pardon for their sins. May your holy will be done in their lives. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.
Old Jul 28, '12, 3:57 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Remembering your cousin, her boyfriend, their children and your entire family in my daily prayers. God bless!

Just as God's will is creation and is called "the world," so his intention is the salvation of men, and it is called "the Church."
- St. Clement of Alexandria

Old Jul 28, '12, 8:30 am

thank you everyone

Old Dec 19, '12, 1:57 pm

Thought I would update everyone because I like to be updated when I have prayed for an intention.

My baby cousin was born December 4th. She is happy and healthy. My cousin proceeded with the adoption and baby is home with her adoptive parents-my other cousins. Birth mom made the right decision, baby is showered with everything she could ever need including two parents who couldn't possibly love her more. Get this, for Christmas, grandpa paid for her college.

Giving thanks to the Lord. Please continue to pray for birth mom. She probably knows she made the right decision, but this hasn't been easy for her. She asked to have the baby spend the first night with her in the hospital because, as she said, "They will have her the rest of her life but I'll only have her tonight." Just typing that makes me tear up because I can't imagine how hard this is for her. Even though her baby is alive and well, I think part of her is grieving the loss of her baby. And at Christmas no less. So please keep her in your prayers.

Old Dec 19, '12, 2:58 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Dec 19, '12, 4:59 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

praying for your intention. Jesus please help her
Old Dec 19, '12, 11:16 pm
Forum Elder

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen
Old Dec 20, '12, 1:53 am

Dear God, i pray for the highest good of this little baby soon to be born. I pray for this little baby girl to be safe in all ways and to always know that she is deeply loved by you. I pray for her mother to repent and consider abstinence until she gets married. Please bless her and her children, amen!

Love and blessings!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions