Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Sep 1, '12, 5:17 am
Senior Greeter
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Meet and Greet # 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopers View Post
Hi im lopers a new member, a catholic since born.
Welcome lopers!!
Good to have you with us!
Looking forward to your participation in the many
Forums and resources here at Catholic Answers !
Enjoy the site !!
God Bless You.
Catherine
Old Sep 1, '12, 5:20 am
Senior Greeter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroctheone View Post
Wanted to say hi to everyone I am brand new here, and getting to look it over,
Hello eroctheone!!
Looking forward to having you with us!!
Enjoy the many Forums and resources
here at Catholic Answers
Make yourself at home !!
God Bless You.
Catherine
Old Sep 1, '12, 5:22 am
Senior Greeter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olesia89 View Post
Hello
Hello Olesia89!!
Welcome !!
Looking forward to your participation in
the many Forums !
Make yourself at home !!
God Bless You.
Catherine
Old Sep 1, '12, 5:35 am
Senior Greeter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrocker265 View Post
Hello my name is Dustin. I am 16 years old, attend Saint Francis Borgia Regional High School, and I have a website about chickens: http://www.cutiechickens.weebly.com It is an educational site, not about cooking

Welcome dcrocker!!
Nice to have you with us!
Your site is very impressive and well thought out!!
It makes me not want to eat any more chicken though
!!
Looking forward to having you with us, dcrocker, and
to your participation in the many Forums and resources
here at Catholic Answers !
Make yourself at home !!
God Bless You.
Catherine
Old Sep 1, '12, 5:50 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic

Greetings to you all, family in Christ...

I am a recently-baptised Catholic (Easter 2011) who left lifelong atheism to walk along the Way of Truth to Life. It has been difficult to overcome the doubts, and I struggle with darkness daily... but that helps me to sympathise with atheists. Perhaps God calls us former atheists to have extraordinary faith: to strengthen our brethren who have not understood that there is One God, whose mighty hand & strong arm are our rock and defence! A little bit of the logic of Aquinas always helps the atheists too.

There aren't any words that can really express the tearful joy of knowing that the simplest act of all - being cleansed with water under the invocation of the holy, everlasting Name of God - has assumed me into the Family of Christ under one Father. Being a "cradle atheist", sometimes I take things too literally, or without the "eyes of faith", or without the "mind of the church", but I trust that God leads such people as we, if our resolve is firm and our intention honest.

God bless you all, and remember... in His light we see light! There is no darkness in the Almighty!
Old Sep 1, '12, 5:53 am
Observing Member

Default My Humble Self

I am a serious Catholic and would love to identify with any body that loves to defend Catholic Doctrine
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:02 am
Observing Member

Hi!
I grew up Catholic and going to church every Sunday. Rebelled against it during college and my 20's and early 30's. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but for some reason I am feeling that I need to start "being better". I have started reading the bible (from the beginning), joined this site, and trying to "be better". I am thankful that there is a site like this to help me on my journey. It is a fantastic journey and I am really looking forward to it!
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:07 am
Senior Greeter
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_SnowMan710 View Post
Hello, everybody! I'm excited to finally join a Catholic forum and look forward to expanding my knowledge of the Faith!

I'm diesel engine mechanic by trade, plumbing/utilities worker by day and most recently the newest Confirmation teacher at my parish by night. Along with my newest endeavor, I also am a lector. I suppose I'm something of an amateur Apologist as well, most of my Protestant friends come to me when they have questions regarding the Catholic Faith.

I have been with my parish my entire life and am enthusiastic about being at a point in my life where I can begin to give back to it. I'm glad that I've found this resource to help me along my way!

-Kenny
Welcome Kenny!!
Looking forward to having you on board!
Folks coming to you when they need questions answered
in regard to the Catholic Faith is a sure sign that you are
an Apologist in the making ! Keep up the good work,
Kenny! Your parish is blessed to have you with them. Being
a member of the same parish for all your life is a great blessing
too. Looking forward to your participation!!
Make yourself at home !!
God Bless You Kenny.
Catherine
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:48 am
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic
Default Re: New

Hi!
I learned about this site from what i watched tonight. I was browsing videos of my fave girl group then i noticed an advertisement entitled Peter Parker becomes Priest on the bottom of the video I chose. I watched and listened until he mentioned about this site. I immediately wondered why am i able to catch up with what the video reminds us. Then i remembered praying earlier to our Lord to remove the confusion in my vocation. Indeed, He hears.

So I checked out this site. ^^
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:49 am

Hi.
I am a Catholic who has came from a very loving family and am trying to raise my family in the same way. My husband of over 20 years is my closest friend and together we have welcomed four children into the world. Our oldest is in college, Our youngest is in grade school.

In the past year my son's friend invited me to attend a mother's spirituality group meeting at our parish. I had never gone before because I really thought it was for young stay at home moms of babies and preschoolers. It is, of course, but it is also for women who have older children and women who have never experienced physical motherhood. This group has changed the way I view the world and my faith. I feel challenged and renewed in a way that I haven't since Catholic highschool. We start each meeting with the Rosary and are following the Women of Grace curriculum to understand our roles as spiritual mothers to nuture the faith of others. Each month their is also an additional book to read that is chosen by any of the participants. Last month we read Extreme Makeover, the month before it was The Boy Who Met Jesus. This month we are reading The Great Divorce. How has it changed our family life? We pray together, we talk about our faith and the daily challenges that each of us faces from grade school to adulthood. We are talking about spending more time in Adoration. Even my youngest who is prone to say his day was boring, is now praying about it to help him see God's blessings in his day so he can recognize the Joy around him.

I am very glad to have found this site, I find it informative and inspiring. Please pray for us.
Thank you!
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:49 am
Banned

Boy, Catherine S. and the other greeters sure have a lot on their hands! Nice to see brothers & sisters in Christ flocking together in such good numbers.
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:54 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: New

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne83187 View Post
Hi!
I learned about this site from what i watched tonight. I was browsing videos of my fave girl group then i noticed an advertisement entitled Peter Parker becomes Priest on the bottom of the video I chose. I watched and listened until he mentioned about this site. I immediately wondered why am i able to catch up with what the video reminds us. Then i remembered praying earlier to our Lord to remove the confusion in my vocation. Indeed, He hears.

So I checked out this site. ^^

Hello Anne!!!

Thank you for joining us and sharing with us!! God is so good!!!

There is an older discussion here on Peter Parker becoming a priest here: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=607721

We do invite you to return here (or our main http://catholic.com) site and share and grow.

May God continue to guide you; may He give you discernment, strength and wisdom for your vocation; and may He bless you with peace, joy and love!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

'When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him.'
Old Sep 1, '12, 6:59 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneElliott View Post
Hi.
I am a Catholic who has came from a very loving family and am trying to raise my family in the same way. My husband of over 20 years is my closest friend and together we have welcomed four children into the world. Our oldest is in college, Our youngest is in grade school.

In the past year my son's friend invited me to attend a mother's spirituality group meeting at our parish. I had never gone before because I really thought it was for young stay at home moms of babies and preschoolers. It is, of course, but it is also for women who have older children and women who have never experienced physical motherhood. This group has changed the way I view the world and my faith. I feel challenged and renewed in a way that I haven't since Catholic highschool. We start each meeting with the Rosary and are following the Women of Grace curriculum to understand our roles as spiritual mothers to nuture the faith of others. Each month their is also an additional book to read that is chosen by any of the participants. Last month we read Extreme Makeover, the month before it was The Boy Who Met Jesus. This month we are reading The Great Divorce. How has it changed our family life? We pray together, we talk about our faith and the daily challenges that each of us faces from grade school to adulthood. We are talking about spending more time in Adoration. Even my youngest who is prone to say his day was boring, is now praying about it to help him see God's blessings in his day so he can recognize the Joy around him.

I am very glad to have found this site, I find it informative and inspiring. Please pray for us.
Thank you!

Hello Anne!!!

What a nice story!!! Thank you for sharing with us!!! God does continue to call us to a deeper, more spiritual walk with him - through the Rosary, Adoration, frequent Communion and through groups like yours!!!

We do invite you to continue to visit and share with us here at Catholic Answers Forums!!!

May God continue to bless you and your family (and your mother's spirituality group) with His all-powerful love; His abundance peace; and His deep and abiding peace!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

'When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him.'
Old Sep 1, '12, 7:00 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSeeLight View Post
Boy, Catherine S. and the other greeters sure have a lot on their hands! Nice to see brothers & sisters in Christ flocking together in such good numbers.

On behalf of my colleague and friend Catherine and other greeters, we thank you!!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

Old Sep 1, '12, 7:44 am
Trial Membership

Religion: CATHOLIC
Unhappy Re: Meet and Greet # 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon View Post
i am a divorce catholic who has many questions and concerns that i would liked answers too by the catholic Church but can't seem to get them
where do I find the answers to my question or response i have certain questions to ask but i am having trouble finding out where or what the answers are on this site my email keeps getting a response that says there are answers to my things etc but i can't find them when I look what am I doing wrong?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence