Hurricane Inspired - Favorites
With all due respect to those affected by hurricanesor other disasters; I am in no way trying to minimize what people have experienced. This is just a way for me to look at what I went through in a positive light.
I was one of the 3 million on the road last week, and my experience inspired the following
1. New Speed Limit - 10 mph; Woohoo! Now we're speeding along.
2. Thing To Do On a 5 Mile Trip - say 4 rosaries (20 min./rosary = 1hr. & 20 min.; there was even time to say a Divine Mercy Chaplet).
3. Thing To See On the Side Of the Road - a cluster of trees hidden from the road and houses; Potty Time!
4. New Traveling Companions - My husband, my children, our dogs, our birds, and 3 million other people.
5. New Prayer - Litany to Our Lady of Prompt Succor; thanks to all you who recommended it.
6. Aesops Fable - The Tortoise and the Hare; moral - slow and steady wins the race.
7. Humbling Experience - Letting go of all material things as you head out on what usually is a 4 hour trip, not knowing what the day will bring (a 16 hour trip), and not knowing what you will be returning to.
8. Thing To See On the Road Home - A big hand painted plywood sign 180 miles from home that said, "Good Job Houston".
9. Story From a Friend's Experience - People in farm houses up and down a farm road were handing out water to people.
10. Quote From a Movie - "There's no place like home."
Anybody else want to share your favorites?