Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 12, '12, 12:23 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Unhappy Request for prayers for man who is tryly lost and struggling

To all, I am so glad to be in your presence - even though it is the internet - I can feel the strength of your intentions, needs, and Powerful Prayer Group.

I have been very unexpectly given by The Christ of Mercy, and Individual who is in trouble with his life - marriage, wife, family, searching for the Lord to find what he lost, and filled with hate for himself, his wife, marriage, and other things. The Lord has brought me people to me to minister to, but never with the in depth intensities, anger, and sense of Loss of his ability to find what he Lost in prayers and proximity to God!!

I am not sure what my role is in this situation - except to support him and the whole situation in prayer - which I find myself constantly doing during the day and at night.
Maybe I am, as suggested by my past prayer partner, being used as a Respite for him
much as Simon of Cyrene. (I feel that is an exaggeration, but maybe not.)
As he talked (over the past few months), and he has expressed his feelings and released some of the anger - although he is so angry and filled with self-hate that is so strong - that is when physical problems, serious, and frightening for him, but not life threatinging started to surface. To me is a sign that Satan is losing some control - and my prayer is that this man, will see that The Lord is reaching out to his prayers and opening HIS arms to embrace him.
I said to this individual - "Jesus Died on the Cross for all the sins of Mankind and He Forgave all - so if Jesus could forgive all, are you greater than God - you can't forgive yourself?" Surprised myself! But it was an effective start.

I am trying to be careful not to preach, but to listen and be there. However, this person is by far the most difficult relationship/situation I have ever had to deal with in the 60 years this has been occurring. The words I got as I prayed, were "Keep your eyes on ME!" , From The Christ of Mercy! I am trying, but I have to fight of my desire to help him - (FYI) he is at a physical distance right now which is a blessing and a handicap at the same time.

PLEASE - Pray for him that he finds the door that he is eekingr that Leads to Christ and he follows God's lead in doing what is right and necessary to bring his present life into reconciliation, healing and peace as well as receiving the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit to direct him.

And I ask prayers for me - to have God guide my words and support in HIS way -

We were both stunned by what opened up by a simple "How are you doing? We both know that this was guided by the Christ of Mercy! We don't know what the purpose of this is all about, but I am Trusting in Jesus that His purpose be successful and not fail because this man is fearful and struggling with Satan...

I need help to hear God's words for me - Aside from the words I heard, the only other message I get is "Wait" and see what I do!!"" - So I am waiting...

I live alone and I an relearning how to pray again in this manner, having been in other places for a long time. I am grateful God is using me again, but I find it at times, emotionally draining. Yet, I can't save him, only He, with the support of the "Blood and Water that gushed forth from the Heart of Christ" can do so. Please pray For Me too. I too am looking for Peace which has eluded me most of my life, except when God gives me a "Purpose" - Selfishly, I don't want any more emotional turmoil now - but I know it is not the time to Lighten my load - I cannot walk away and leave this soul - I would be disobedient not only to God, but to the purpose HE put me here for (whatever it is)

God Bless each and everyone that belongs to this Community - I am grateful for your prayers and commitment to prayer for others. Thank you in advance for your support and prayers, Diane

Last edited by DianeMLynch1; Jun 12, '12 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jun 12, '12, 12:55 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Default Re: Request for prayers for man who is tryly lost and struggling

Lord, may Diane continue to be an instrument of healing, love and compassion for her friend. May she help him to call out to you in his need so he can receive your saving and merciful help. May he forgive from his heart and seek to do your will. May Diane be able to help him to pray a lot and to frequent the Sacraments. Amen.
Old Jun 12, '12, 1:38 pm
Prayer Warrior

Thank you for your perfect words and prayer - it is comforting to know I am not praying alone. God Bless, Diane
Old Jun 12, '12, 2:54 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Jun 12, '12, 3:12 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic

On his behalf I pray: Grant me Your Spirit

Holy Spirit, I need wisdom, discernment and unconditional love. Will You share Yours with me? Help me to persevere in these necessary virtues, even where there is wounding within me greater than anyone is aware.

Help me to carry my daily responsibilities with faith and hope, and mindful of Your command to love God above all and others as self, in Sacramental worship and with practical acts of kindness.

Help me to find healing for injuries and scars that prevent me from fully becoming the person I am created to be. Come into my mind and soul, and help me through the rest of my life.

I need You, Holy Spirit. Please access the gifts and beauty of my unique creation in Godís image. For othersí benefit and for Your glory, give me a deep appreciation and use of the goodness, loveliness joy and blessing of this creation that You mean me to be.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jun 12, '12, 3:14 pm
Forum Elder

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen
Old Jun 12, '12, 11:47 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Remembering you and the man you speak of in my daily prayers. God bless

Just as God's will is creation and is called "the world," so his intention is the salvation of men, and it is called "the Church."
- St. Clement of Alexandria

Old Jun 13, '12, 12:41 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions