Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 18, '12, 10:40 pm
Banned

Religion: Lutheran in RCIA
Default Re: Illegal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick333 View Post
Tell that to the jewish who fled german hands during world war 2. Have you seen the state of mexico as well as other south american countries? The cartels are out of control and killing people/raping people/beating people/forcing people to run drugs and guns for them. Many people are feeling this kind of life. Not all are directly targeted or victimized because of this. But because of those reasons, many people are trying to leave and make a better life for themselves and their family. They have every right to come to this country. Amnesty is the christian response to all those seeking a better life. It was welcome when all the white europeans like myself were coming here to settle and make a new life (well except for we Irish I suppose, we had it rough but what else is new). I know full well what civil laws say but we should approach every civil law with an examination of conscience and apply morality to every aspect of our life. I doubt very much Christ would turn these people away.
First of all the Nazi's were invading nations and hunting down and killing Jews. Comparing illegal immigration to Shoah is the most shameful and ignorant thing someone could say.

Also try actually going down there before spouting off ignorant statements. Only the border counties are experiencing the problems you've listed, interior Mexico is not that bad. And many South American nations are doing just fine, as someone who is friends with a lot of S. Americans, I'm sure they appreciate you calling their homeland a real hellhole to live in.

ONCE AGAIN, IN CASE SOME PEOPLE DO NOT SEE WHAT THE OP WROTE, THIS IS ABOUT WHETHER IT IS MORAL TO REPORT SOMEONE WHO MAY BE ILLEGALLY HERE TO THE AUTHORITIES, NOT ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION LAW. THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THAT GO TO THAT THREAD

Last edited by Michael Francis; Jun 19, '12 at 2:46 am.
Old Jun 18, '12, 10:42 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphguy View Post
The OP is asking whether he is under pain of mortal sin to inform on a hypothetical friend, and I'm suggesting he inform his conscience, and that part of informing it is knowing which laws are moral or not, and you think that's a problem?
No I have a problem with people saying the law is not moral. They are trying to change the subject. The OP was asking whether it was a sin NOT to report, not whether we agree with the immigration law or not. It is not a sin, in case you were wondering.
Old Jun 18, '12, 10:42 pm

Religion: Amateur Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconman View Post
Wrong again. Citizens are consistently underbid by illegals who artificially lower the wage scale.
Actually, undocumented immigrants often command a higher wage than U.S. citizens do, because they are so productive, and they get paid their worth.

Who wants to see God? Cry to the Lord with an intensely yearning heart and you will certainly see Him. People shed jugs of tears for money, wife, and children. But if they would weep for God for only one day they would surely see Him.
Old Jun 18, '12, 10:44 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylites View Post
Ah, good. Then you agree that laws aren't the highest arbiter of right and wrong, and that there are occasions when it is moral to break a law and immoral to follow it. Now we are discussing something else: the circumstances and degree to which a law is to be followed or not. If the law itself is not the determinant of right and wrong, then what is? Well, for Christians, it is the Christian faith, as rooted in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and the teaching authority of His Church. I can't find it, so please help me find the chapter and verse where it says "Blessed are ye when ye bully and cajole the stranger in your midst, and protect your meager share of bread from those leaner and hungrier than you."
No I don't agree, I find your shameful attempt to compare a nation securing its borders peacefully to deliberate acts of murder and enslavement, revolting.

but
ONCE AGAIN, IN CASE SOME PEOPLE DO NOT SEE WHAT THE OP WROTE, THIS IS ABOUT WHETHER IT IS MORAL TO REPORT SOMEONE WHO MAY BE ILLEGALLY HERE TO THE AUTHORITIES, NOT ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION LAW. THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THAT GO TO THAT THREAD

Last edited by Michael Francis; Jun 19, '12 at 2:45 am.
Old Jun 18, '12, 10:45 pm

Religion: Amateur Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by austenbosten View Post
ONCE AGAIN . . .
And maybe for the last time, you will discover that Catholics do not listen to the law for what is a sin or not. This makes politicians and ideologues unhappy, and even shout and grimace in pain, but it's a fact. We listen to our faith for what is moral and immoral, right and wrong.

Who wants to see God? Cry to the Lord with an intensely yearning heart and you will certainly see Him. People shed jugs of tears for money, wife, and children. But if they would weep for God for only one day they would surely see Him.

Last edited by Michael Francis; Jun 19, '12 at 2:46 am.
Old Jun 18, '12, 11:36 pm

Religion: Catholic

Golly, I married an illegal alien. Never occurred to me it might be a sin.
He had a vision that brought him to cross the border in a wheelchair . .. he felt God had led him to this country. I suspect God has His own agenda, which isn't really fixated on man's laws. . . my husband is a legal resident now, by the way. If he hadn't come here he would be dead by now.
I would not report anyone except a criminal.(a thief or murderer.)
Old Jun 19, '12, 2:48 am

Religion: Catholic of course!
Exclamation Re: Illegal Immigrant

Closed pending review by forum moderator Julian Peters

Forum Rules and guidelines

Ecclesiastes 1:10 Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say:
Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology