Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 30, '12, 8:08 pm

Religion: Catholic Since 4/3/10
Default Re: Looking at the UU 'church'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHateJustLove View Post
Hello. I was brought up Protestant and broke from that in my teens/early 20's to explore everything else (mainly paganism). I was attracted to the Roman Catholic Church because I still believed in Jesus Christ as the son of God, and I figured if I was going to be Christian I would go to the 'start'. I studied and converted in 2005. I still love the RCC but do not like a lot of the politics. I especially don't agree with the stance regarding homosexual relationships/marriage, the ordination of women, and sex/contraception. I believed in my heart that if I wanted to be a ~true~ Christian in the RCC I had to believe those things and tried very hard to convince and "pray" myself into it. It did not happen.

Because of this I have stopped attending Church the last several months. I have started looking into the Unitarian Universalist religion because I could still identify as a Catholic (which I do, and think I will continue to do so - but not as concretely as I had previously) while being a member. I have a family and want them to attend a 'church' growing up. It is important to me. I also don't want them to ever feel like I did growing up (like questioning was wrong and if you don't believe the problem must be with you). I want them to feel free to question things or even explore other areas of faith/lack of faith. I want that for myself as well.

I want to stand before God having done what I best could to truly follow and know Him with all my being.

I hope this wasn't too long. Thanks.
Please do consider that you are placing demands on God that He change to your personal beliefs. Please don't leave His Church for the siren song of another community that whispers what you want to hear in your ear.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics