Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 10, '12, 6:17 pm

Religion: Catholic (since Easter Vigil 2013)
Default how to overcome lonlieness , Jeausloy and worry

Hi, I am wrtting this tonight and feeling odd, i am sort of all these things mentioned in my post and i don't want to be anymore, i tried suffering through them, but no help, i prayed, nothing, Yet anyway, i love God and the church, and our lady and even prayed to st jude , and saint therese of liseux only found temporary help. why is my life, like this i am lonely my ex girlfriend is trying her hardest to make me mad, (she doesn't get it ) she is about to date a chronic marajuana user who is 6 years older then she is physically , She is middle school mentally ( her mom said ) not being uncharitable and if i am i am sorry . I try to stop sinning and i can't, and all i can do is pray, until around next lent and easter, when i will be allowed to make a sacremental confession and recieve the Eucharist, I cant' wait that long i need it now. Please Help
Old Jul 10, '12, 7:50 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: how to overcome lonlieness , Jeausloy and worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormcbee View Post
Hi, I am wrtting this tonight and feeling odd, i am sort of all these things mentioned in my post and i don't want to be anymore, i tried suffering through them, but no help, i prayed, nothing, Yet anyway, i love God and the church, and our lady and even prayed to st jude , and saint therese of liseux only found temporary help. why is my life, like this i am lonely my ex girlfriend is trying her hardest to make me mad, (she doesn't get it ) she is about to date a chronic marajuana user who is 6 years older then she is physically , She is middle school mentally ( her mom said ) not being uncharitable and if i am i am sorry . I try to stop sinning and i can't, and all i can do is pray, until around next lent and easter, when i will be allowed to make a sacremental confession and recieve the Eucharist, I cant' wait that long i need it now. Please Help
It is the glory and beauty of God that He lets us sometimes be the most useful when we are weakest.

Pray. That is all you can do. Pray for your friends, your ex, your family. Pray for them all. Offer up your sufferings, just as Jesus offered up his life for the rest of us.

Pray, offer up your sufferings, and embrace the simple, humble truth and power that is our Faith. Can't wait 'til you join.

Let your worry go...when you can do nothing, you can do nothing. Just pray, and hope. Nothing escapes God's sight.
Old Jul 10, '12, 8:35 pm

Religion: Catholic

As Catholics, we are called to completely renounce the world around us. What that means is that while many of us can continue to live as a part of the world, we must strive to not allow ourselves to become too worried about the affairs of the world. The jealousy, loneliness and worry that you are experiencing right now is really the result of you holding on to something that God wants you to let go of. Most likely, you are feeling a need to control something that is simply out of your control.

Usually, letting go is the scariest part... and believe me it can be really scary. The devil uses fear of the unknown as a way to grip us hard into our sinful tendencies. In fact, I can almost guarantee that the solution to your problem right now is to let go of the one thing that you are [b]most afraid]/b] of letting go of.

The solution here is to continue praying... pray often and regularly. If you are not praying the rosary every day then I strongly urge you to start. The benefits from the rosary are enormous...sin simply cannot co-exist with a daily rosary. Either you will stop praying the rosary every day or you will stop comitting sin.

As a fellow new Catholic, I can totally relate to what you are going through right now. The path to holiness is a narrow one, but as long as you stick with God and keep up with your prayer life eventually He will help you come out on top. I was holding on to something in my life that God wanted me let go of and it was causing me tremendous anxiety. It took me about 8 months but eventually God was able to build me up enough to finally face my fears and my life is so much better now then it was before!

God bless, my prayers are with you!
Old Jul 11, '12, 7:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormcbee View Post
i am lonely my ex girlfriend is trying her hardest to make me mad, (she doesn't get it ) she is about to date a chronic marajuana user who is 6 years older then she is physically , She is middle school mentally ( her mom said ) not being uncharitable and if i am i am sorry
My heart bleeds for you because I feel the say way a lot.

However, I think there is a boundary issue here. How is your ex girlfriend trying to make you mad??????? She is an ex usually that means you still hear about her from mutual acquaintances but don't really spend time together. God gave her free will and she is free to choose to date whoever she wants. I agree with the other poster you need to let go. Not to mention why would you want to date a person who has no problem making thoses choices

My prayers are with you

CM

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality