Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 5, '12, 7:16 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Five-fold scapular

I've recently bought a five fold scapular around two months ago. However, there are no priests here who are willing to invest me with it. Can I go approach a SSPX priest and ask him to invest me with it? Will it be valid?

Actually the same thing happened when I asked a priest who came to my parent's house for house blessing last time. I showed the priest the formula for investing brown scapular but the priest simply shoved it away and said he didn't need it and the priest only did a simple blessing for my scapular

Thank God when I for vacation there was a carmelite friars there and one of the carmelite priest was willing to invest me with the scapular.
Old Jul 5, '12, 9:08 am

Default Re: Five-fold scapular

It will be worth it to wait for a priest that appreciates what you're signing up for. Plus, being that you're taking the time in a vacation will make it a memory. I wouldn't try to force a priest to do something that they don't believe is valid.

The first priest that I contacted for the brown scapular was skeptical, so I found a different priest that was more accepting of the idea.

Good luck with your 5 fold scapular. It will likely change you in ways you can't imagine.
Old Jul 5, '12, 9:45 am

Religion: Roman Catholic .A Very grateful one!!!

Hi Damien

It is a great gift to have found out about the 5in 1 scapular. The Lord is kind to you. Personally, I've been wearing it for quite a while now and it has been a blessing in more ways I can imagine. Keep faith and persevere. Sacramentals work because we have faith or at least have great hope in them and human faith that the private revelations (incidentally, most sacramentals have the Church's blessings) to such great saints would do us good.

I would like to draw you to one of the promises of the red scapular, the we would be granted a great increase of the theological virtues every Friday. This is the treasure of heaven that Jesus has asked us to build that will last for all eternity..
May Our Lord grant you many choices blessings, both spiritual and temporal to the greater glory of the Sacred Hearts!

Your fellow 5in 1recipient,
kentcara2003 (SSCC 3rd order)
Old Jul 5, '12, 5:40 pm

So it is not advisable for me to appro?ach an sspx priest to invest me with the five fold scapular?
Old Jul 5, '12, 7:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien88 View Post
So it is not advisable for me to appro?ach an sspx priest to invest me with the five fold scapular?
I don't know?

The Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX)
Old Jul 5, '12, 7:43 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Christian! Catholic! Disciple of Jesus of Nazareth!

Quote:
No -- I would not advise such.
Old Jul 7, '12, 3:59 am

Quote:
You have been invested by a carmelite priest in yr last post, right?

If you havent been, it is still not advisable as the sspx is still not fully integrated. Im not sure whether they have been given a personal prelature status of which I have not been following.....

Yours in the Sacred Hearts
Kentcara2003
Old Jul 8, '12, 4:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentcara2003 View Post
You have been invested by a carmelite priest in yr last post, right?

If you havent been, it is still not advisable as the sspx is still not fully integrated. Im not sure whether they have been given a personal prelature status of which I have not been following.....

Yours in the Sacred Hearts
Kentcara2003
I only got invested with the brown scapular. showed the five fold scapular to several priests including a redemptorist priest but none was willing to invest me with the five fold
Old Jul 12, '12, 5:51 am

Quote:
I only got invested with the brown scapular. showed the five fold scapular to several priests including a redemptorist priest but none was willing to invest me with the five fold
Just be patient. Sometimes Our Lord lets us wait until we have come into a greater awareness and appreciation of the gift. Personally, I've only worn it many years after wearing the brown scapular.
May I suggest, you get the red scapular and get a priest to enrol you in it. It has one of the most generous of the promises of the 5 fold scapular. You may wear a brown scapular medal instead of the scapular for the time being if you are wearing the red scapular. May I also suggest the miraculous medal as our Blessed Mother promises those who wear it around the neck will receive"signal graces."

It may seem that we may overdo this with all the scapulars and all. You are free to act and hope ardently in the generosity of Jesus and Mary. Do not allow human respect deprive you of countless spiritual and temporal blessings which only in heaven we will all realise....but by then it would be too late to have built yourself treasure in heaven for the time of growth stops at our last breath......

I was greatly consoled by reading of The Servant of God Teresa Higginson who wore a bunch of medals....(She is the recipient of the private revelation about the Wisdom of the Sacred Head of Jesus. She was a stigmatist and lived on very little food and on the Holy Eucharist essentially. I believe she is a great saint of course not forestallng the judgment of the Church)

God bless

Kentcara2003(3rd order SSCC)

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality