Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Feb 28, '12, 12:11 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What is it that homosexuals really want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw85 View Post
First, you're really going to complain that people round to the nearest century?
I am when RCIA advertises it is the Way the Truth and Life for 2 thousand years.

It is misleading.
Old Feb 28, '12, 2:17 pm

Religion: catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompousMaximus View Post
But see this is where we differ, your obedience is to the Church founded by Christ, not Christ himself. There is no false theology, just different from yours.
Fine. Then you apparently don't believe that the Church is truly the Body of Christ.
Since you fail to appreciate the significance of Christ's Incarnation (and how the Church is an extension of that Incarnation), you do not recognize the truth of this; and you reduce your relationship with God to a strictly spiritual level that is, to the level of a relationship which any Jew could have had with God before Christ's Incarnation. Thus, you do not appreciate the gift of Emmanuel (God with us who became flesh, Matthew 1:23; John 1:14)

Quote:
And yours you claim has Church given authority. I would consider that an arrogant point of view. How are we to dwell in peace with others if one of us always has to be right?
Did the apostles not have authority? This I could see coming from anyone of the first deserters of the apostles. "how arrogant are those apostles who claim authority how are we ever going to dwell in peace if the apostles always have to be right."

Quote:
I equate that to middle schoolers who come into my classroom and tell me I am wrong about what I teach because their parents told me so.
Yet this is essentially what you are doing, telling the teacher her teachings are wrong. I liken this again to the early deserters from the apostles.
Old Feb 28, '12, 11:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odell View Post
What is it that they want that they don't already have? Most the marriage benifits are due towards a family. So why do they want family benifits and what exactly do they want?[
Many heterosexuals do not see children as a defining characteristic of marriage. Marriage is very couple focused today. Its primarily seen as a celebration and acknowledgment that the couple is in a committed monogamous relationship. As such, people often marry after they've lived together for many years. They don't even really see cohabitation as a trial marriage. The marriage doesn't change anything really for them. It is primarily a status. The wedding is like a graduation ceremony. The marriage certificate is your degree. The civil benefits are seen to help the couple out. In fact, I do know some heterosexual couples who don't get married because they get more state aid from the government if they are listed as a single parent.

Homosexuals want the same recognition. They want the same priviledges that come from being recognized. They want to go to a hospital and have people acknowledge that they have a close intimate relationship no different than a spouse and that they should be treated as a spouse.
Old Feb 29, '12, 7:09 am
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoangels View Post
Many heterosexuals do not see children as a defining characteristic of marriage. Marriage is very couple focused today. Its primarily seen as a celebration and acknowledgment that the couple is in a committed monogamous relationship. As such, people often marry after they've lived together for many years. They don't even really see cohabitation as a trial marriage. The marriage doesn't change anything really for them. It is primarily a status. The wedding is like a graduation ceremony. The marriage certificate is your degree. The civil benefits are seen to help the couple out. In fact, I do know some heterosexual couples who don't get married because they get more state aid from the government if they are listed as a single parent.

Homosexuals want the same recognition. They want the same priviledges that come from being recognized. They want to go to a hospital and have people acknowledge that they have a close intimate relationship no different than a spouse and that they should be treated as a spouse.
Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it and right is right even if no one is doing it.
"The enemy held fast my will, and had made of it a chain, and had bound me tight with it. For out of the perverse will came lust, and the service of lust ended in habit, and habit, not resisted, became necessity." St. Augustine Confessions
Old Feb 29, '12, 7:48 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleds View Post
Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it and right is right even if no one is doing it.

And a "right" which has no basis in universal moral principles is an invention, no matter how often it is invented, and no matter how often legal language is distorted to enshrine it with a dignity not inherent to it. This remains true for heterosexual fabrications as for homosexual ones, and for verbal inventions common to both.

No matter how many new "lifestyles choices" and supposed equivalencies are invented by any given culture, up is not down, and will never be, unless you're standing on your head.
Old Feb 29, '12, 8:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleds View Post
I'm not defending it!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Moral Theology