Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 7, '11, 11:54 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Jesus' words to St Margaret Mary

Jesus said to St Margaret Mary

"I feel this more than all that I suffered during My Passion. If only they would make Me some return for My Love, I should think but little of all I have done for them and would wish, were it possible, to suffer still more. But the sole return they make for all My eagerness to do them good is to reject Me and treat Me with coldness. Do you at least console Me by supplying for their ingratitude, as far as you are able."

"Behold the Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; and in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me, that treat Me thus. Therefore, I ask of you that the Friday after the Octave of Corpus Christi be set apart for a special Feast to honor My Heart, by communicating on that day, and making reparation to It by a solemn act, in order to make amends for the indignities which It has received during the time It has been exposed on the altars. I promise you that My Heart shall expand Itself to shed in abundance the influence of Its Divine Love upon those who shall thus honor It, and cause It to be honored."

This made me think.. what are some ways that we could show not coldness and ingratitude, but love and gratitude for Jesus especially in the Eucharist?

"I know but one thing now - to love Thee, O Jesus!" St Therese
Old Oct 8, '11, 1:30 am
Forum Elder

Default Re: Jesus' words to St Margaret Mary

In my parish, we observe First Fridays, just as Our Lord asked of St. Margaret Mary. After the Mass is over, we have Benediction with the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, during which we all pray The Prayer of Reparation to The Sacred Heart of Jesus as written by St. Alphonsus Ligori.

I just returned from this Mass a couple of hours ago.

We also have the opportunity to have our confessions heard by our pastor both before and after Mass.
Old Oct 8, '11, 8:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica4316 View Post
Jesus said to St Margaret Mary

"I feel this more than all that I suffered during My Passion. If only they would make Me some return for My Love, I should think but little of all I have done for them and would wish, were it possible, to suffer still more. But the sole return they make for all My eagerness to do them good is to reject Me and treat Me with coldness. Do you at least console Me by supplying for their ingratitude, as far as you are able."

"Behold the Heart which has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; and in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me, that treat Me thus. Therefore, I ask of you that the Friday after the Octave of Corpus Christi be set apart for a special Feast to honor My Heart, by communicating on that day, and making reparation to It by a solemn act, in order to make amends for the indignities which It has received during the time It has been exposed on the altars. I promise you that My Heart shall expand Itself to shed in abundance the influence of Its Divine Love upon those who shall thus honor It, and cause It to be honored."

This made me think.. what are some ways that we could show not coldness and ingratitude, but love and gratitude for Jesus especially in the Eucharist?
Dear Monica,

Some ways might be:

1. To show love and gratitude to all: family, friends, and those who come to us, as Blessed Mother Teresa described Jesus, "in His distressing disguise" among the poor. We will comfort Jesus in the Eucharist because He told us:
Quote:
Mat 25:40 ... 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'
2. I try to pray the "Morning Offering" before I get out of bed: "O Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You, all my prayers, works joys and sufferings of this day, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart. Many of us cannot participate in a daily Mass or Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in our parishes, but we can pray always, offering ourselves "as a living sacrifice" (cf Romans 12: 1)

3. I consecrated myself to Jesus through Mary, by praying the Act of Consecration written by St. Louis de Montfort; some years later I also consecrated myself by praying the Act of consecration written by St. Maximillian Kolbe. Both those saints have taught me much about coming closer to Jesus through Mary.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 4, '12, 8:27 am
Prayer Warrior

Thank you very much for the quotes.
We should do the opposite of the evil sins of men. Like when He becomes present on the altar, instead of not even thinking about it and barely caring (not saying that's how you are, just trying to provide an idea), consider how unworthy you are to be in the presence of God, and how beautiful He is in such humility.

You can offer your sacrifices, kind deeds, works, and sufferings to His Heart to make up for the offenses done to His Heart. Try to find some time to go to church and be with Him while He is in the tabernacle, and if you can't, offer to Him your desire to. It will be just as good.

And I agree with the poster above, doing kind deeds to others is just like we are doing them to Christ Himself.

Hope I gave you some sort of idea of what to do, it's like remembering how He is offended and forgotten so you decide to do something to make Him feel better, repair the harm done to Him by our sins.
Old Aug 4, '12, 5:44 pm

If you are interested, look for my ebook, "Miracles of the Sacred Heart" on Amazon. Lists 100 miracles that the Sacred Heart granted over the years. One of my best sellers.

stjoe4u2
www.CatholicChurchSaints.com
Old Aug 5, '12, 7:09 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

On the Feast of Christ the King, celebrated on the last Sunday of October (the Sunday before the Feast of All Saints) and initiated in 1925 by Pius XI in his Encyclical Quas Primas, there follows after the Mass a Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We kneel before the Sacrament and recite the following consecration. Afterwards, there is a Litany and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. In praying the Consecration, going to Confession, and receiving the Eucharist on this day (when devoutly done), the faithful receive a plenary indulgence.

Prayer:

Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Your altar. We are Yours, and Yours we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with You, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Your Most Sacred Heart. Many indeed have never known You; many too, despising Your precepts, have rejected You. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Your Sacred Heart.

You are King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken You, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned You; grant that they may quickly return to their Father's house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.

You are King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof; call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that soon there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.

You are King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism; refuse not to draw them all into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Your eyes of mercy toward the children of that race, once Your chosen people. Of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.

Grant, O Lord, to Your Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: Praise to the Divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to It be glory and Honor forever. Amen.

http://www.fisheaters.com/sh.html

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality