If prayer moves mountains then prayer can also move a lukewarm heart.
If Mary gave birth to Jesus in cold stable, she can also give birth to him again in a cold heart.
Mary appeared and spoke with Sister Justine Bisqueyburu, a
Daughter of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, in 1840, about a green scapular.
Mary herself made certain promises to those who would keep the scapular on them,
wear or carry it, and would say a certain prayer everyday, and believe that
Mary would obtain those favors from her Son. Here are the favors she promised:
1. Conversion of those who do not have the faith
2. Reconciliation to the Church for those who have lost/strayed from the faith
3. Assurance of a happy death
4. Strengthening of the faith for those already in the Church
5. Protection from Satan for those who wear or promote the scapular
This is the very answer to helping the lukewarm.
Here are the very words of Mary to Sister Justine:
"The GREATEST graces come from using the scapular but these graces come
in direct proportion to the degree of CONFIDENCE IN ME which the user has."
This user is the one who gave the scapular.
What does confidence mean? Mary showed this herself at the annunciation of Gabriel.
"Yes, blessed is she who BELIEVED that the PROMISE made her by the Lord would be FULFILLED."
(Lk. 1;45) St. Elizabeth extolling the absolute trust of Mary in God's promise. Mary believed without doubt that it would happen as the angel said it would.
Mary didn't say when the change would happen, just that she promised it would happen.
1. Wear or carry the scapular
2. To help another, place it in their vicinity (i.e. their room, wallet, purse, or the house,car).
3. Pray, at least daily: "Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death."
4. The prayer should be said for oneself and separately for each person to whom it has been given (unless they pray it themselves - risky with the lukewarm)
5. No enrollment of any kind is necessary, but each scapular should be blessed by a priest
(general blessing of sacramentals)
6. Have the strongest possible trust in Mary's promise. Just believe she will keep what she promised.
You may get a free one by googling "Green Scapular". Get one for yourself as well.
(From an atheist)
How did you come to embrace Catholicism?
Strangely enough, it was the Blessed Virgin Mary. That friend of mine had sneakily
snuck in a scapular under my mattress. I didn't know until about 1 year into my
conversion. I imagine that she had something to do with it. I think it was the