Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 25, '12, 6:56 pm
Veteran Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Fr. John Trigilio in critical condition after car accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindeporres View Post
Father T., we are praying for you. Our Pastor, a most wonderful Traditional Catholic Priest was injured severely in a motorcycle accident. He has been in the hospital for almost 2 months and will be out for many more months to come. The Devil has been working overtime in trying to keep these most spiritual men out of action, I believe. Let us pray very hard for all our beloved priest. As always, "The Gates of Hell will not prevail against us"
continued prayers...
Old Mar 27, '12, 8:43 pm

Religion: Catholic

thyrodandstaff

He helped me through a tough year by appearing often on Catholic Answers, and I love his EWTN show too! May God heal him quickly and fully AMEN!
Old Mar 27, '12, 9:25 pm

We were fortunate enough to go on the Catholic Answers Alaskan Cruise last summer. We got to meet Fr. Trigilio. What an honor. Also, this man has a tremendous sense of humor. His lecture on "lesser known women of the bible" had folks rolling on the floor. What a character. What a man of God. He is in our prayers.
Old Apr 7, '12, 8:19 am
Veteran Member

Fr. Trigilio is on the mend thanks be to God! Here is an excerpt and link to his latest blog entry.

"Thursday, April 05, 2012
on the mend

I want to thank Father Zuhlsdorf, Matt Abbott and everyone on the internet who was kind enough to keep me in their prayers. On Friday, March 16th, I was in an automobile accident. After spending three days in ICU at Clearfield Hospital (Pennsylvania), I was discharged and my Deacon Jim Rush drove me back to my parish. Although there were no broken bones (Deo gratias), I did incur injuries to my leg, arm, chest and lower torso (severe bruising and contusions). My Guardian Angel deserves a raise and promotion as I am most grateful for no breaks or fractures and am VERY grateful to be alive. I was driving back to my parish after visiting my mother in Erie. She had major surgery on her spine last month in Pittsburgh. The operation was successful but she encountered several complications which placed her in ICU for a few days. She was then discharged and taken to skilled nursing facility in her home town of Erie. I was driving (300+ miles one way) every week to be with her. The Blessed Mother has been watching over her (and me)."...

Blue excerpt from full blog entry here: http://blackbiretta.blogspot.com/2012/04/on-mend.html
Old Apr 7, '12, 10:24 am

O Almighty, Eternal God, look upon the Face of Your Son and for love of Him, who is the Eternal High Priest, have pity on Your Priests. Remember, O most compassionate God, that they are but weak and frail human beings. Stir up in them the grace of their vocation which is in them by the imposition of the bishop's hands. Keep them close to You, lest the enemy prevail against them, so that they may never do anything in the slightest degree unworthy of their sublime vocation.

O Jesus, I pray for Your faithful and fervent priests; for your unfaithful and tepid priests; for Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields; for Your tempted priests; for the lonely and desolate priests; for Your young priests; for Your dying priests; for the souls of Your priests in purgatory.

But above all, I commend to you Father John Trigilio and all the priests dearest to me, the priest who baptized me, the priests who have absolved me from my sins, the priests whose masses I have assisted and who have offered me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion, the priests who have taught and instructed me or helped and encouraged me, and the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way.

O Jesus, keep them all close to Your Heart, and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity. Amen.

Mary, Queen of Apostles, pray for us and obtain for us many faithful and holy priests.

Old Apr 7, '12, 10:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwizzleStick View Post
Fr. Trigilio is on the mend thanks be to God! Here is an excerpt and link to his latest blog entry.

on the mend

I want to thank Father Zuhlsdorf, Matt Abbott and everyone on the internet who was kind enough to keep me in their prayers. On Friday, March 16th, I was in an automobile accident. After spending three days in ICU at Clearfield Hospital (Pennsylvania), I was discharged and my Deacon Jim Rush drove me back to my parish. Although there were no broken bones (Deo gratias), I did incur injuries to my leg, arm, chest and lower torso (severe bruising and contusions). My Guardian Angel deserves a raise and promotion as I am most grateful for no breaks or fractures and am VERY grateful to be alive. I was driving back to my parish after visiting my mother in Erie. She had major surgery on her spine last month in Pittsburgh. The operation was successful but she encountered several complications which placed her in ICU for a few days. She was then discharged and taken to skilled nursing facility in her home town of Erie. I was driving (300+ miles one way) every week to be with her. The Blessed Mother has been watching over her (and me)."...

Blue excerpt from full blog entry here: http://blackbiretta.blogspot.com/2012/04/on-mend.html
Old Apr 7, '12, 12:14 pm

Thank you, Lord, for watching over Fr. Trigilio with such love and care.
Old Apr 7, '12, 1:05 pm
Veteran Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwizzleStick View Post

on the mend

This is indeed good news ...thanks for posting
Old Apr 7, '12, 1:29 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynguy View Post
Indeed. Glad Fr. is on the mend and is doing well.
Old Apr 7, '12, 1:30 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
Thank you, Lord, for watching over Fr. Trigilio with such love and care.
Deo Gratias!
Old Apr 7, '12, 1:31 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
This is indeed good news ...thanks for posting
It is! And, you are most welcome! I'm happy to be able to share good news!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > Catholic News