Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 12, '11, 11:46 am
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Cradle Roman Catholic
Default Do You Love Papa Or Not ?

I just don't understand. We have a priest shortage, and a dissident group is in Detroit this weekend attempting to use this fact as a means to argue for and promote their agenda. And we have a pope trying to bring nearly 500 priests back into the fold, and some can't help themselves, but to rehash old arguments against the SSPX.

A recent thread jabs at Angelus Press. Many organizations in full communion with Rome sell their publications. So what is the point of discussing AP's affiliation with the SSPX ? The only possible answer is ill will directed towards the SSPX despite the efforts of H.H. BXVI.

Perhaps I'm confused, but isn't it obvious H.H. BXVI is trying to embrace the SSPX ? If the current rumor is true, and an offer is about to be made, what is the proper thing for a Catholic to do ?

One either stands with our Papa or not. And one either loves him or not. Can't we drop the anti-SSPX jibberish until we see whether they stand with him, or not ?
Old Jun 12, '11, 12:11 pm

Religion: Amateur Catholic
Default Re: Do You Love Papa Or Not ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Trent View Post
I just don't understand. We have a priest shortage, and a dissident group is in Detroit this weekend attempting to use this fact as a means to argue for and promote their agenda. And we have a pope trying to bring nearly 500 priests back into the fold, and some can't help themselves, but to rehash old arguments against the SSPX.

A recent thread jabs at Angelus Press. Many organizations in full communion with Rome sell their publications. So what is the point of discussing AP's affiliation with the SSPX ? The only possible answer is ill will directed towards the SSPX despite the efforts of H.H. BXVI.

Perhaps I'm confused, but isn't it obvious H.H. BXVI is trying to embrace the SSPX ? If the current rumor is true, and an offer is about to be made, what is the proper thing for a Catholic to do ?

One either stands with our Papa or not. And one either loves him or not. Can't we drop the anti-SSPX jibberish until we see whether they stand with him, or not ?
Well said. Calling for people to stand with the Holy Father is commendable. Would that sedevacantists do the same, or those who keep quiet and nod in sympathy when the disobedient call for others to deny and disobey the Pope.

Who wants to see God? Cry to the Lord with an intensely yearning heart and you will certainly see Him. People shed jugs of tears for money, wife, and children. But if they would weep for God for only one day they would surely see Him.
Old Jun 12, '11, 12:34 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic

Quote:

Whether there is any truth or not to the rumor, we do know that this is an issue for the Vatican and the time for prayer, not posturing. Even if these talks came to naught, these priests are still deserving of respect and in need of prayer.
Old Jun 12, '11, 11:27 pm
Banned

Religion: CAPITAL CEE CATHOLIC

My screen name (Son of Benedict XVI) shows what i think of our current Pope; but the SSPX should cut out its "modernist Rome" language. Or is that due to the existence of Bishop Williamson?
Old Jun 13, '11, 1:41 am
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnaB16 View Post
My screen name (Son of Benedict XVI) shows what i think of our current Pope; but the SSPX should cut out its "modernist Rome" language. Or is that due to the existence of Bishop Williamson?
What kind of son questions a decision by his father ?
Old Jun 13, '11, 5:44 am

Send a message via ICQ to Oneofthewomen

Quote:
Don't know about you,
but I questioned my parents ALL THE TIME,
especially in those terrible teen-age years
guess that makes me a bad child.

There is a big difference between questioning and disobying.

Musings From One of the Women
Old Jun 13, '11, 7:50 am

Religion: Amateur Catholic

When I wish to be in full union with Christ's Church, I usually don't initiate discussions with the Pope first, and negotiate over how much contrition I ought to have, and how much power and willfulness I can continue to harbor if I were to be contrite. No. I come with a humble and contrite heart and repent and confess and it's a done deal. Seems simple, but then I'm just an amateur Catholic rather than a professional one.

Who wants to see God? Cry to the Lord with an intensely yearning heart and you will certainly see Him. People shed jugs of tears for money, wife, and children. But if they would weep for God for only one day they would surely see Him.
Old Jun 13, '11, 10:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnaB16 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned in another thread --- I believe there is a rift growing within the SSPX.
From what I have read -- some are into believing Bishop Fahey (sp) is in the process of "selling out" the Society to "modernist Rome". This type -- I do believe are being led/influence by Bishop Williamson.

For ex. -- the Anglican converts --- the US district of the SSPX wrote the following --welcoming the Anglicans into the Church. This did not sit well with some--because they believe there is nothing to rejoice about -- since the Anglicans converted to the "modernist" Church. This welcoming was to them ---further evidence that Bishop Fahey(sp) and part of the Society had one foot in "modernism".

Heck-- At least one man a particular Bishop Williamson devotee -- goes around saying Bishop Fahey and the Society are "feminists" for not enforcing "early marriage" on girls. Early marriage is around 18 yrs.

http://sspx.org/news/900_anglicans_become_catholic.htm

Last edited by Walking_Home; Jun 13, '11 at 10:48 am.
Old Jun 13, '11, 10:45 am
Banned
Prayer Warrior

My point in posting the thread is not to defend anyone. I'm just urging my fellow Catholics to trust H.H.

This issue has gotten so bad, that the pope himself has been attacked.

Quote:
At times one gets the impression that our society needs to have at least one group to which no tolerance may be shown; which one can easily attack and hate. And should someone dare to approach them in this case the Pope he too loses any right to tolerance; he too can be treated hatefully, without misgiving or restraint.
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/...iamson-affair/
H.H. was referring to some Bishops who publicly questioned the lifting of the excommunications. Hate is the word he used. He was hurt by this, and I'm guessing he still has the impression he spoke of.

Again "At times one gets the impression that our society needs to have at least one group to which no tolerance may be shown; which one can easily attack and hate."
Would one get the same impression after reading threads here that have the SSPX as the topic ? I'd say yes..... except for the ones doing the hating.

For all the huffing, puffing, and stomping the ground the SSPX has done, for whatever reason, the pope sees something in them he wants part of the Church. No one can claim to love H.H.while persisting in fueling the stigma that hangs over the SSPX. At least I'll never be convinced of it.
Old Jun 13, '11, 10:51 am

Quote:
My point in posting the thread is not to defend anyone. I'm just urging my fellow Catholics to trust H.H.

This issue has gotten so bad, that the pope himself has been attacked.

H.H. was referring to some Bishops who publicly questioned the lifting of the excommunications. Hate is the word he used. He was hurt by this, and I'm guessing he still has the impression he spoke of.

Again "At times one gets the impression that our society needs to have at least one group to which no tolerance may be shown; which one can easily attack and hate."
Would one get the same impression after reading threads here that have the SSPX as the topic ? I'd say yes..... except for the ones doing the hating.

For all the huffing, puffing, and stomping the ground the SSPX has done, for whatever reason, the pope sees something in them he wants part of the Church. No one can claim to love H.H.while persisting in fueling the stigma that hangs over the SSPX. At least I'll never be convinced of it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with this. Leave the Society in the hands of the Pope.
Old Jun 13, '11, 11:16 am

Our German Shepard will lead them home...The recent news sits well with me as someone who has family in the SSPX.

God bless the Pope!
Old Jun 13, '11, 1:10 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
I think you make a good point that needs repeating. However, I do not like equating love of the Holy Father with those that are still critical of the SSPX any more than I like stating that the SSPX has no love of the Holy Father because they do not just roll over and trust him. There are many reasons people on both sides do what they do that has little to do with their feelings toward HH. Also, there have been people on both sides speaking out about the talks pro and con, spreading rumors, etc., instead of simply waiting. This is not an affront to Pope Benedict, even if it is unseemly. It is human nature getting the best of us.
Old Jun 14, '11, 2:24 am
Banned

Religion: CAPITAL CEE CATHOLIC

Quote:
Eh???
I`m not questioning him!
It`s the attitude of the SSPX that annoys me.
Blimey mate: go easy on us!

At least we can thank them for (indirectly) giving us the FSSP, though, including Fr. Rizzo!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism