Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 20, '12, 12:17 am

Religion: fanaticly catholic
Default Re: Need advice explaining homosexual relationship to a child diplomatically

my uncle has alway been gay but we (the children) wernt aware of it untill he sent a christmas card from uncle graeme and aunty nathan. my youngest sister was 5 at the time. my midle sister was 8 and i was11. of the 3 of us only my midlle sister has gone of the religiouce track. not that i am blaming my uncle rather the different explanations my mum gave us. My mums anger at the card was obviouce she burnt it in front of us and told us all that uncle greame was wrong for sending it but he didnt know it was wrong he just thought it was funny. she then invited my uncle to stay for the week sans partner so that we could see that he was still normal and that she still loved him. the 3 discusions when he left went something likethis. i was deemed old enough and given the facts of life . for the youngest it was, sometimes people get verry lonly and whene they are lonly they can make strange dicisions. all people are made with a bit of wrong because if we didnt have a bit of wrong we would be angels. uncle greames bit of wrong is that he dosnt like girls in a mumy dady kind of way, so when he gets lonly he starts living with boys insted . its not uncle greames fault that he dose this wrong he cant help it . but he should never do mummy dady things with his boyfriends no matter howmuch he wants to. this love of uncle greame but not his wrong was renforced by visits. each boyfriend (in 18 years he has only had 3) was introduced at my parenst house (so that they could answer questions after) and then we could go over for the weekends. my uncle for his part never did more than kisses on the cheek infront of us whilst we still huged and kissed uncle greame goodbye we only ever shook hands with the friend. this renforced the love the siner but not the sin approach. one thing i would warn against is blaming dad for his sin we are all imperfect, for my midle sister my mum went down the road of helfire and damnation. please dont do this my sister has cut us out of her life for being "religiouce bigots" wich is untrue if we were religiouce biggots why did my mum let us stay with uncle and friend?
Old Jun 20, '12, 2:10 am

Religion: fanaticly catholic
Default Re: Need advice explaining homosexual relationship to a child diplomatically

with regards to the ban on entering the bedroom when at my uncles there was a knock and wait system. unless there was a tiger in the room the house was on fire or one of us was dying we wernt allowed to go straight in we had to knock on the door and wait to be let in . on the few times i went in my uncle had a sleeping bag on the floor next to the bed looking back at memories i dont think it was ever slept in as it was to neet but having the sleeping bag there ment that we didnt question why they were in the same room as children it was obviouce uncle greames friend was sleeping in the sleeping bag because we were staying in his room.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Family Life