Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 12, '12, 2:09 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: TAC >>> Maronite Catholic
Default Please pray for the members of my former perish who are tearing each other apart

My Brothers & Sisters in Christ:

It's been years since I asked the members of Catholic Answers to pray for my old parish, but it's been years since the situation there has been this bad. As most of you know several parishes in the USA have applied to accept Pope Benedict XVI's offer and join the Catholic Church in the Ordinariate. My former parish was one of the parishes that applied. Their application was originally refused because a small group of parishioners made a lot of noiise saying they would never go along with it. This was in spite of the fact the vote was 84 to 15 in favor of joining. After a second vote duplicated the results of the first, repudiating those who were fighting against the Ordinariate, those who opposed the Ordinariate began to spread rumors about the Rector and to work with the Bishop of the ACA Diocese of the West who had once had Ecclesiastical Authority over the parish, but who no longer had that Authority.

As the Squabbling and Partisanship ("I am an Anglican!" "My Rector is so and so!"...), Msgr Stetson sent my former Parish an open letter saying they weren't ready for the Ordinariate and seeming to be confused himself aas to who had Authority over that wayward parish. I tried my best to get the members who were trying to get into the Ordinariate to get clear about that and in how they explained that, but it seems they didn't take my advice.

While this was going on, the members who were opposed to the Ordinariate successfully got the Rector "Inhibited from performing Priestly Duties" and got a Civil Judgment against him forbidding him even from being on the property. At the same time, a "New Vestry" intent on remaining "Anglican", and opposed to joining the Catholic Church, was installed.

Before this started, the parish had a few "Babes in Christ" - New Christians - People who had been "Born anew from above" and were starting to grow in Christ. I don't think they have any idea what this continual squabbling and fighting and then taking our conflicts to Secular Courts for unbelievers to judge among us is going to do to the faith of these Baby-Christians and to our collective witness to the Lord Jesus Christ and the God who loved us so much He sacrificed His only begotten Son so we might not perish but have eternal life in Him.

Please pray that the ones who are squabbling and mistreating their Brothers and Sisters in Christ and going to court to get what they want would see the error of their ways and repent. Please pray for the baby-Christians caught in the middle of this, that they would not lose their faith in our Lord Jesus and in the Church He founded, that they would hold fast to Him in spite of all of this garbage. Please pray that all of those who are developing grievances, grudges & resentments would find a way to lose those grievances, grudges & resentments. Please also pray that the "Root of Bitterness" which has been alternately nourished and allowed to flourish at my former parish would be uprooted and destroyed. And, Please pray that forbearance, forgiveness, the ability to "Cover our brothers' nakedness and to cover them with grace", and to love each other with the Love of Christ would replace the present animosity the members seem to have for each other. Pray they would stop ripping and tearing at each other & be reconciled to each other.

Finally, Please pray that they would recognize the need for REAL Authority and that they would see that that real Authority resides in the Chair of Peter and is welded by its present occupant, Pope Benedict XVI, as a service to the Bride of Christ.

Our Lord said to ASK - So I figure I'm going to have you ask for everything.
Your Brother in Christ,
Michael
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it... Ezekiel 22:30 NIV
Old Jun 12, '12, 4:23 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Please pray for the members of my former perish who are tearing each other apart

Your former parish is in my prayers. So sorry for them. Will pray that the Holy Spirit provides a solution and brings peace.
Old Jun 12, '12, 5:33 am

Default Re: Please pray for the members of my former perish who are tearing each other apart

I'm praying for peace and unity in your parish.
Old Jun 12, '12, 5:39 am
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrood View Post
I'm praying for peace and unity in your parish.
Praying too.

Old Jun 12, '12, 1:23 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

I commend your parish to the Blessed Virgin Mary. May she intercede for you all and help you to keep strong, courageous, and faithful; may she make it possible for you all to become Catholic (including your former Rector). May the troublemakers at your parish convert and one day become good and faithful Catholics. Amen.
Old Jun 12, '12, 11:40 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Remembering your intention in my daily prayers. God bless.

Just as God's will is creation and is called "the world," so his intention is the salvation of men, and it is called "the Church."
- St. Clement of Alexandria

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions