Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 16, '12, 3:58 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Men Have "Luxury" of Being Pro-Life

Men don't have the luxury of being pro-life. Being a father to a child is a lifetime of hard work and being pro-life is hard work also. I can also say the gifts of children given to us by our Heavenly Father is the best benefit of that work.
Old Jun 17, '12, 4:00 pm

Religion: Catholic and love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewstew03 View Post
A guy from work posted this on his Facebook page:

"I am not debating whether it's right or wrong but only men have the luxury of being Pro-Life."

There are so many things wrong in this simple declaration I don't know where to begin...

Reactions?
I find that offensive, I'm a woman and I'm pro-life.
Old Jun 17, '12, 5:12 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: ROMAN CATHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCT View Post
Other slogans of the pro-abortionists are, “If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament,” and “The prohibition of abortion discriminates against women.” . . . It is the pro-abortion forces that have framed abortion as a “woman’s issue.” Women, as a class, are not discriminated against by the pro-life movement. I am a human being, and as a man I have the right to stand up and say “no” to the killing of my fellow human beings.

Those who support "abortion rights" are trying to frame the debate on their terms, but their terms are bogus. They are ignoring so many basic facts:
  • A life begins at conception for all creatures that reproduce sexually, as opposed to asexually like some animals.
  • The human being reproduces sexually, and the resulting embryo has the DNA of a human. Therefore, a human life has been created.
  • The choice is not about "terminating a pregnancy" because a pregnancy by definition is the condition of having a living being within the mother. So that's splitting semantic hairs. Call it what it is, killing the baby. (Sadly, some pro-choice people are admitting this but saying that sometimes it's justified. What a sad and defeatist position to take.)
  • For the PETA animal rights activists, the human is a mammal, so it has rights!
  • Many of these babies are female - attention "women's rights" advocates
  • But the males are human, so refer to previous facts in this list
  • It is a human rights issue; humans both male and female should band together to protect human life when it's under threat.
  • Therefore, pro-choicers need to stop putting up straw-man arguments
  • And when they do, pro-life people should call 'em on it.
Old Jun 17, '12, 6:57 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

This reminds me of a guy I recently saw on Dr. Phil who was suing a woman. His reason was that she was pregnant by him and he wanted her to have an abortion. She refused, and he took her to court to not have to pay child support. His reasoning was that if the woman gets a "choice" weather to be a mother, he should have that same "choice" of becoming a father or not. The audience was absolutely appalled by the guy, but I couldn't help but to see at least see logic in his evil intentions. He lost his court case, and his "luxury" of being pro-choice.
Old Jun 18, '12, 5:58 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (former SBC congregant)
Thumbs up Re: Men Have "Luxury" of Being Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannajomar View Post
This reminds me of a guy I recently saw on Dr. Phil who was suing a woman. His reason was that she was pregnant by him and he wanted her to have an abortion. She refused, and he took her to court to not have to pay child support. His reasoning was that if the woman gets a "choice" weather to be a mother, he should have that same "choice" of becoming a father or not. The audience was absolutely appalled by the guy, but I couldn't help but to see at least see logic in his evil intentions. He lost his court case, and his "luxury" of being pro-choice.
Very good point, hanna - the law does not allow us (men) to "abort" our parental rights; that right is only reserved for women.
"Conversion is like stepping across the chimney piece out of a Looking-Glass world, where everything is an absurd caricature, into the real world God made; and then begins the delicious process of exploring it limitlessly." --Evelyn Waugh, writer, Catholic convert (1930)
Old Jun 22, '12, 9:30 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: ROMAN CATHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Man View Post
I'd respond with something equally sublime, like "If a tree falls in the forest, would you still post meaningless quotations?"
People who put quips on webpages aren't generally capable of a cogent argument about the topic. It is easier to just say something "clever" and leave it at that.
Love it!
Old Jun 22, '12, 9:38 pm

Quote:
“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion is already born.” – Ronald Reagan

I suppose you could say that all the people who have been born have the luxury of being pro-choice.
Good point

Don't give in to discouragement....... If you are discouraged it is a sign of pride because it shows you trust in your own powers. Never bother about people's opinions. Be obedient to truth. For with humble obedience, you will never be disturbed.
-- Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Old Jun 22, '12, 10:02 pm
Forum Elder
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Well, he DID have a 'choice' to have sex with the mother, and hence create the child in the first place. Like someone who walks around with a loaded gun with the safety off trying to sue the person who bumped into him and made it fire

Christ The Lord Is Risen Today! Alleluia!!

God bless and keep our new Pope Francis - Viva il Papa!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice