Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jun 19, '12, 8:01 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default prayer for the suicidal

I don't know if this is the right spot. I am an Emt I'm the state of Arizona. I just finished transporting a woman that decided the pain in life was just to much too handle. She attempted suicide by overdose. Pay for her and all those suffering from depression that they may find the grace and glory of good before they take a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, et vobis fratres, quia peccavi nimis cogitatione, verbo opere et omissione: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem, omnes angelos et Sanctos, et vobis fratres, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum. Amen.
Old Jun 19, '12, 8:39 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: prayer for the suicidal

Prayer of Saint Ignatius Loyola against depression (from EWTN)

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Say the black. Do the red.
Old Jun 19, '12, 9:08 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic

Father, in the name of Jesus and for His sake please help those tempted to despair to know that they are uniquely loved children of God.
Grant others to recognize the signs of their despair and help them with love, wisdom and kindness, and to help them to resolve what seem unendurable dilemmas.

Please give those who have connection to those who are despairing or depressed,
for those who have dilemmas beyond what they feel able to endure
or those perhaps chemically affected, or suffering mental illness,
the wisdom, comfort and strength they need to assist and to intervene successfully.

Guardian Angels of the depressed and despairing, please be actively watchful for these persons to whose protection you are assigned.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Jun 19, '12, 9:38 pm
Banned

Religion: Raised Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerunner View Post
I don't know if this is the right spot. I am an Emt I'm the state of Arizona. I just finished transporting a woman that decided the pain in life was just to much too handle. She attempted suicide by overdose. Pay for her and all those suffering from depression that they may find the grace and glory of good before they take a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I know what that's like. Oh God, don't let this precious woman be forever separated from your presence, if she's to live, bring comfort to her and bring people who will be able to help her, if she should die, I beg you to have mercy on her soul. I'm praising you for who you are God, a merciful and loving Father.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for this lost child. Offer her your motherly love and tenderness.
Old Jun 19, '12, 10:18 pm
Prayer Warrior

Saint Dymphna, a great wonderworker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick.

You are filled with love and compassion for the thousands of patients brought to your shrine for centuries, and for those who cannot come to your shrine but invoke you in their own homes or in hospitals. Show the same love and compassion toward us, your faithful clients. The many miracles and cures which have been wrought through your intercession give us great confidence that you will help us in our present need.

I am confident of obtaining my request, if it is for the greater glory of God and the good of my soul. For the sake of Jesus and Mary, whom you loved so earnestly, and for whom you offered your life in martyrdom, grant our prayer.

Saint Dymphna, young and beautiful, innocent and pure, help us to imitate your love of purity. You chose to be martyred by your own fatherís sword rather than consent to sin. Give us strength and courage in fighting off the temptations of the world and evil desires. As you have given all the love of your heart to Jesus, help us to love God with our whole heart and serve Him faithfully. As you bore the persecution of your father and the sufferings of an exile so patiently, obtain for us the patience we need to accept the trials of our life with loving resignation to the will of God.

Saint Dymphna, through your glorious martyrdom for the love of Christ, help us to be loyal to our faith and our God as long as we live. And when the hour of our own death comes, stand at our side and pray for us that we may at last merit the eternal crown of glory in Godís Kingdom.

Good Saint Dymphna, I beg you to recommend our request to Mary, the Health of the Sick and Comforter of the Afflicted, that both Mary and you may present it to Jesus, the Divine Physician.

O God, You gave Saint Dymphna to Your Church as a model of all virtues, especially holy purity, and willed that she should seal her faith with her innocent blood and perform numerous miracles. Grant that we who honor her as patroness of those afflicted with nervous and mental illness may continue to enjoy her powerful intercession and protection and attain eternal life. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Old Jun 19, '12, 10:54 pm

Religion: Catholic

St. Michael, Archangel (patron of emergency medical responders,) grant Acerunner the graces to perform his job well, and sustain the desperate till they are no longer despondent. Sts Cosmas and Damian, and St. Catherine of Sienna, give their caretakers and psychiatrists the wisdom to help restore them to health of mind.

St. Dymphna, pray for the despondent, the impulsive, the depressed. Venerable Matt Talbot, intercede to relieve them of their inordinate addictions and attachments.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, inform them of your great love and motherly concern for them.

Jesus, Our Lord, King, and Comforter, save those who for whatever reason just can't quite manage to recognize Your love for them. Inspire them with Your Sacred Heart, and bring them to the point where they can recognize their worth through Your Holy Sacrifice on Calvary.

Holy Spirit, enlighten their minds and conform them to Your Holy Will. Grant them fortitude, counsel, and the graces they need to resume their lives in peace and health of mind.

Heavenly Father, Who marks even the fall of a sparrow, give the suicidal the grace to recognize Your sustaining Love for them, and grant them the insight and grace to recognize their immeasurable worth as Your children. Give them self-respect and self-esteem, so that they may glorify Your Holy Name, be restored to health of mind and usefulness in Your Church on earth, and praise Your saving love for them.

"Lord, spare us from sour-faced saints!"---St. Teresa of Avila
Old Jun 21, '12, 11:32 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Remembering this lady and your intention in my daily prayers. God bless.

Just as God's will is creation and is called "the world," so his intention is the salvation of men, and it is called "the Church."
- St. Clement of Alexandria

Old Jun 21, '12, 1:45 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Praying my heart out for them.
Old Jun 21, '12, 6:01 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Lord, please heal your children who are suffering from depression. Grant them fortitude and peace. May they feel you near and hope against hope. Fill them with your love and help them to carry their crosses heroically with love and patience. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.
Old Jun 21, '12, 8:31 pm
Prayer Warrior

Saint Dymphna, a great wonderworker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick.

You are filled with love and compassion for the thousands of patients brought to your shrine for centuries, and for those who cannot come to your shrine but invoke you in their own homes or in hospitals. Show the same love and compassion toward us, your faithful clients. The many miracles and cures which have been wrought through your intercession give us great confidence that you will help us in our present need.

I am confident of obtaining my request, if it is for the greater glory of God and the good of my soul. For the sake of Jesus and Mary, whom you loved so earnestly, and for whom you offered your life in martyrdom, grant our prayer.

Saint Dymphna, young and beautiful, innocent and pure, help us to imitate your love of purity. You chose to be martyred by your own fatherís sword rather than consent to sin. Give us strength and courage in fighting off the temptations of the world and evil desires. As you have given all the love of your heart to Jesus, help us to love God with our whole heart and serve Him faithfully. As you bore the persecution of your father and the sufferings of an exile so patiently, obtain for us the patience we need to accept the trials of our life with loving resignation to the will of God.

Saint Dymphna, through your glorious martyrdom for the love of Christ, help us to be loyal to our faith and our God as long as we live. And when the hour of our own death comes, stand at our side and pray for us that we may at last merit the eternal crown of glory in Godís Kingdom.

Good Saint Dymphna, I beg you to recommend our request to Mary, the Health of the Sick and Comforter of the Afflicted, that both Mary and you may present it to Jesus, the Divine Physician.

O God, You gave Saint Dymphna to Your Church as a model of all virtues, especially holy purity, and willed that she should seal her faith with her innocent blood and perform numerous miracles. Grant that we who honor her as patroness of those afflicted with nervous and mental illness may continue to enjoy her powerful intercession and protection and attain eternal life. We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Old Jun 26, '12, 10:05 pm
Prayer Warrior

Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions