Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 3, '12, 5:43 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: HHS Argument: How Should I Respond to My Senator?

For one thing, organ transplants and blood transfusions are treatments, not prevention. Vaccines prevent disease. Those things are reasonable things to expect from a provider or insurance plan. Preventing pregnancy, which is a natural process, is completely elective. Its like botox for wrinkles. If you want it, pay for it yourself. If your doctor objects to providing an elective service or medication, go elsewhere.

Im not a great arguer, but your senator is lumping together prevention and treatment as well as lumping together real diseases with pregnancy, which is not a disease. As a woman, I am beginning to get offended by everyones objection to how our bodies were created to work!
Old Jul 3, '12, 5:45 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic

And another thing....as a medical provider, I can refuse to see a patient for birth control. They can go somewhere else then return to me for other issues. Same with any other provider who doesn't do what "womens health" has become.
Old Jul 3, '12, 8:33 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker1961 View Post
So since the time machine DeLorean isn't handy, what is wrong with wanting to move towards a different solution for the future?

I have to admit that the constant doom and gloom and everything is so terrible attitude here gets old really fast.
It is just good to understand how we got here, so we don't keep going down the same road again and again. Of course we can look at solutions but it would seem that no one thought of yours...Being able to shop for insurance across state lines would help as well.

But this was never about solving any created health care crisis. It's about taking all the power over others from cradle to grave. If you think that politicians are out to help us, I've got a bridge in London for sale.
Old Jul 4, '12, 5:07 am

Religion: Follower of Christ,American Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJuliane View Post
It is just good to understand how we got here, so we don't keep going down the same road again and again. Of course we can look at solutions but it would seem that no one thought of yours...Being able to shop for insurance across state lines would help as well.

But this was never about solving any created health care crisis. It's about taking all the power over others from cradle to grave. If you think that politicians are out to help us, I've got a bridge in London for sale.
I don't think they're trying to help-I say that all the time to people who think if they vote for so and so, he or she is going to fix everything.

Politicians want power-and they will sign on to anything that is popular enough to keep them elected. Make something popular and a politician will jump in front of it claiming it was their idea all along. So, instead of carrying on about how horrible everything is-come up with a better idea and promote that.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization